OK.. Me has been naughty and I have just stuck a plastic pen (a normal biro pen) into a candle. It caught fire in about 5 seconds, as well as melting, and it gave off some white smoke. It caught a massive fire so I started shaking it around, and it gave off sparks and things.. Me got all worried and it started smelling bad. Eventually, I stopped the fire.. And I looked at the pen and it was black and blue (the plastic was black and blue) and it was all melted and it looked demented!
I then stuck the pen into a piece of paper and pulled it out.. And it stuck to the paper, but a loooooong thread of blue plastic thin thing kept stretching. Just like when you eat cheese on a pizza, it just keeps going and going and going. The pen did that as well! And the little thread of plastic was over 1.5m long!! It was hard though, like nylon. It was very interesting.
Anyway, I got alot of mess around the table with the plastic, so I got some tissue and rubbed it off (didn't have my parents permission!), but it smells a bit in the room.
What is that smell exactly, and is it harmful? Like carbon monoxide or something? I have heard that the fumes from plastic is bad, but why and what is it?