On the Lighter Side > Complementary Medicine

vitamin suppliments

<< < (12/12)

AGN:

--- Quote from: Melinda1958 on 15/11/2007 03:00:42 ---Now, for the good news about TURMERIC EXTRACT:

This week, I am going to suggest that you look to obtain at least 60 mg per day of turmeric extract, but may I suggest, that the benefits I am suggesting in this e-newsletter are going to be realized in the neighborhood of 600 to 1000 mg per day.

--- End quote ---

Hello,

I have just discovered about the beneficial effect of curcumin in the prevention and treatment of several phatologies and I have every intention to add this substance as a supplement to my diet. I understand that this extract has low bioavailability, so to avoid having to ingest massive amounts of the turmeric spice, I was thinking that maybe it would be preferable to opt for curcumin-based supplements with high bioavailability? On the Internet I found suggestions about some capsules called "Curcu-Gel", but I am not sure if this product is safe or is the best available option.

Could anyone please advise about the efficacy of the curcumin-based supplements commercially available and maybe suggest some product names, to avoid ending up purchasing any unsafe products from scam online shops?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

iko:
Hi AGN,

welcome to this forum: you may search for discussions about curcumin even here...
I am not an expert, but I read periodically clinical reports about curcumin in any sort of disease.
My personal opinion is that we can rely on curcumin powder only, this is what has been used in clinical research so far.
Curcumin is poorly absorbed, but 2-4gr/day is the dosage frequently reported...and it's NOT toxic.
It seems a bit too early to test on ourselves new "manipulations" of the old natural spice.
Take care

ikod

AGN:
Hi Ikod!

Time to start looking for curcumin-based recepies on the Internet then!

Thanks a lot!
AGN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

[0] Board index