Life Sciences > Physiology & Medicine

Why reading glasses improve long distance vision?

(1/3) > >>

Yair Doza:
I just got my first pair of reading glasses (the age and all).
I am wearing glasses to see far objects (short sighted – for driving, TV, and such).
As soon as I put on my new reading glasses I noticed that my long distance vision improved.
I still see better with the long distance glasses (-3.5) but wearing the short distance reading glasses (+1.5) I see better far away objects that without glasses.
The person selling me the glasses did not know why (I never had a chance to ask the optometrist).
Does it happen to all of your short and long sighted?
Do you know why?
Thanks Yair (with two pairs of glasses)

tommya300:

--- Quote from: Yair Doza on 03/06/2010 19:53:52 ---I just got my first pair of reading glasses (the age and all).
I am wearing glasses to see far objects (short sighted – for driving, TV, and such).
As soon as I put on my new reading glasses I noticed that my long distance vision improved.
I still see better with the long distance glasses (-3.5) but wearing the short distance reading glasses (+1.5) I see better far away objects that without glasses.
The person selling me the glasses did not know why (I never had a chance to ask the optometrist).
Does it happen to all of your short and long sighted?
Do you know why?
Thanks Yair (with two pairs of glasses)

--- End quote ---

Was the reading glasses prescribed by the doctor?
See what the Doctor says since he has first hand information on the machanics of your eyes.

Yair Doza:
The optometris gave me the prescription for the glasses.
I could not ask him as he is not involved in handing them over.

tommya300:

--- Quote from: Yair Doza on 03/06/2010 21:30:55 ---The optometris gave me the prescription for the glasses.
I could not ask him as he is not involved in handing them over.

--- End quote ---

So he is not involved in confirming that you can see correctly with them?
They just place them on your face for comfort and send you on your way?

I wear bifocals I can not see far without my glasses it is a blur. When I look thru the far sighted part it is good, when I look thru the short sighted part, at the long distance, it  is not as blurred compaired to wearinng no glasses.
I get the same affect looking Thur a magnifying glass. But if  I strain to correct my vision to long, I feel a small head ache around my eye's coming  on.

RD:
The short distance glasses may correct astigmatism.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version