Life Sciences > Physiology & Medicine

Is it common or useful to be able to control goosebumps, and pulse, at will?

<< < (62/70) > >>

cdod5:
Hi everyone,

I've been reading all these comments for a short time. I have been able to control my goosebumps with ease for a long time with the electrical current running from the back of my skull like many others and, potentially due to that, have a strong tolerance to temperature changes, especially the cold. I hadn't really thought to check as i always assumed that everyone could do it. Feels phenomenal though :) I have been reading about a lot of people who have the ability to increase and decrease their pulse at will. I think that i have a bit of this but would like any advice on how to pursue this. Really interested in the blood flow control and heart rate.
Thanks

12L:
I have been able to create the pulsing-like sensation in the back of my head but I used to have to think about the shuddering things like a cat on a blackboard to cause it. Now I would like to consciously create goosebumps but so far I have been unable to create them even with chilling thoughts. I live in Florida so I have no strong memories of goosebumps.

calebhk98:

I kinda have that ability. I can control my body temperature and can make certain parts of my body grow warmer(without any physical movement), even under water. I can also handle temperatures pretty well, like picking up a glass pan out of 350° oven without being burned. I can not control goosebumps, but never tried. I do not know how, but I wish I knew, I kinda just wish to warm up by concentrating and I can... I am only 17 so I do not know that much about biology, but I am pretty sure that this is not normal[:)]. I can also not get cold if I wish too, like going outside in 20° weather or colder in shorts and short sleeves. I just found out I could do this last year when a friend was helping me dig a hole in the middle of the night and while we were resting I noticed his hand start becoming more visible. He then asked me if I noticed anything about his hand and then he was able to do his index finger.  I have heard him say some weird things and finally decide to look up to see if anyone else had similar abilities as mine. I have also been able to burn people on the face and they said it felt similar to a rug-burn. I consider myself scientific, so I would like to explain this scientifically instead of mystically. I can also seem to control my breathing and heart rate, though I have not tested it on any machines. I also seem to be able to warm up my hand if I concentrate on another living thing that is close by, like a moth. I feel like I can sense other people's minds, but I think that is just me imagining things. If anyone can explain how I can do this, that would be wonderful. I have looked at other posts and found some terms I have not heard of like Yogis, charkras, and others that I am going to look up. I also heard people say that this is in a primal part of your brain and you should not be able to control it. But like I already said, any help would be greatly helpful.

Falchion:
wow, I thought I was the only one... :O

I think I started "practicing" this goosebumps around my 7th grade from listening to some religious music(I'm 35 y/o now)... loved the sensation and tried to gain ways to control it by listening to those songs over and over...
wondering if I could control it at will... but I couldn't do it...

until I started having lots of sleep paralysis(which always accompanied by goosebumps and lots of fear.. and this loud continuing humming sound).

got addicted to sleep paralysis, found a way to get into sleep paralysis by focusing on certain wave sound(the fear is always there, regardless how many times I've done it).. and also found a way to get out of paralysis by shaking my lower jaws(hated it cause it makes the goosebumps goes away).
Took me a longggg time to figure this "how-to" cause the whole process is like a dream... and at first I can only do it if I'm really2 tired when I hit the bed.

not sure starting when(before grade 11th), I can control goosebumps at will, half body, left/right hand only(plus part of head), or just shoulder and head... truly felt like super saiyan :D
as for controlling pulse, I never tried to make it faster... I just like to slow it down asap after workout(never thought it's related).
I'm still not satisfied tho.... when I do the goosebumps, it doesn't go as strong as when I'm in sleep paralysis situation.

I wonder if I can reach that stronger phase while I'm not in sleeping position... only managed to "crawl" my hand by dragging it with fingers inch by inch during those paralysis :/
I also had 4 or 5 cases of eye migraine during my life... so annoying... and sometimes I woke up with a very sensitive hearing... not sure if this is related.

anyway, I just read what wnxunix said about 2-3 hours of sleep and feeling refreshed.... I wonder if my screwed up sleeping habits is caused by this too..... newbielink:http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=26291 [nonactive]
I hope somebody research this and find out where's our energy coming from, really....
I know for sure this is not caused by adrenaline, cause I can bring adrenaline to make my palm "slippery/sticky" before I do push up or hard work out.

nice to know there's post about this, does anyone else connect goosebumps with sleep paralysis like me?
this feel like a support group, hahahaha

Luiz Carlos de Jesus Silv:
Cool! I thought it was the only one doing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version