On the Lighter Side > New Theories

Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)

<< < (2961/4041) > >>

demografx:

--- Quote from: Willem on 14/10/2011 17:21:11 ---
--- Quote from: Itsthatskater on 14/10/2011 06:10:48 ---I just hope that by the time I have kids of my own, This ilness will be cured, I always wondered if this would affect your ability to have kids. Hm.

--- End quote ---

Hi Itsthatskater, Just FYI, a few of us in the community have kids and POIS has not been an issue in that department.  It would be nice to do a more comprehensive survey, but the wife and I have three healthy kids and have not had problems getting pregnant (thankfully!). 

--- End quote ---

Same here. 2 grown genius-men for sons, and they have no POIS (thankfully).

demografx:

B_Jim, excellent points raised.

rock27:

--- Quote ---Why certain things like caffeine and nutmeg help me?  Possible over-inflammation?  I hope so.  Sounds a lot better than a sperm allergy.

I personally disagree with the sperm allergy, at least for my POIS, but everybody's entitled to their own opinion.  Just doesn't make sense how my body would be allergic to sperm after having been inside my body for years, and POIS just came in a sudden attack.
--- End quote ---

A friend of mine who has hay fever and did desensitization for that, told me that his hay fever started all of a sudden at about midtwenties. He went from no complaints at all to so much stuff around his eyes that he even couldn't open them in the morning and his wife had to open them with a lot of warm water.

I always thought that allergy was something terrible and could not be cured, so I always wanted this to not be an allergy, even when rumours were around, but my friend got mostly cured from hay fever and Waldinger showed this possibility for sperm allergy as well and even 2 forum members got mostly cured this way, so there is really no need to be afraid of allergy.

CertainlyPOIS:

--- Quote from: Vincent Marcus on 13/10/2011 16:34:30 ---POIS being anaphylactic shock is an interesting idea. I wonder if anyone with POIS has tried epinephrine after an orgasm to see if it lessens symptoms since epinephrine is given to people in anaphylactic shock.

EDIT- I did an advanced google search for "epinephrine" in this forum and found a lot of discussion about epinephrine levels in the body possibly triggering POIS or being involved in some way, but I found nothing about anyone taking epinephrine in an effort to reduce symptoms.

--- End quote ---

conterpoint has tried epinephrine and he said it dosnt work.

Vincent M:

--- Quote from: GoingCrazy on 15/10/2011 02:54:00 ---
Perhaps you are drinking decaffeinated green tea?  I remember drinking hot chocolate after not drinking it for a while and it had a profound affect.

I personally disagree with the sperm allergy, at least for my POIS, but everybody's entitled to their own opinion.  Just doesn't make sense how my body would be allergic to sperm after having been inside my body for years, and POIS just came in a sudden attack.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure it's not decaffeinated and I just double checked to confirm this.

About being allergic to sperm I'm sure there are many auto-immune disorders in which a body becomes allergic to something that has been present for a long time in that body.

edit- but i understand your skepticism. It took me a while to favor the auto-immune theory of POIS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

[0] Board index