Life Sciences > Physiology & Medicine

Is it common or useful to be able to control goosebumps, and pulse, at will?

<< < (7/70) > >>

superken:
Is nice that you can control yourself anytime to have goosebumps, I can do the samething too. It was an old man teaching me from the way of breathing, so is more like a breathing skill, when I was teach by the old man, he said some can be already do it without teaching, some can be teach to have that effect, and which is, thats the first part of the breathing skill, you can probably get some history articles in chinese website, thats call 氣功. In a higher state of the breathing skill, you can control your body temputure, blood flow go faster, and heal yourself, and able to heal others with the skill. This is my msn,  superken2000@hotmail.com if you wanna know more about this.

superken:
And, you can do it by breathing, and not by breathing, also, you can do it with concentrate and not concentrate which is control your will at a normal state of your mind. Which is you can do it while you driving the car, or walking. Also my old man told man, if you were the kind that can control it, you have the will to do many different things which normal person cant do, in other words, this is a special type of genes in human body, or you can say is a 3rd generation of human.

lanem:
After searching the internet about this topic, this is the first time I've found something about it.  I have been able to produce goosebumps for as long as I can remember, since I was a child.  I can do it at will, standing outside in the Southern U.S. humid heat, without having to control breathing or tightening muscles.  Like Jolyon, they spread down in waves over my entire body, I even feel them on my face.       

Kinesis:
I too can control the flow of energy from the Medulla Oblongata to any part of my body I concentrate on. When I was a child, these waves of goosebump-causing electricity would occur spontaneously whenever I had mystical thoughts.

At first, they happened when I would watch a movie with mystical scenes or listen to certain choral music. Then they would happen when I would hear a raven or see an Irish landscape, etc. All things ancient and mystical could cause them. These spontaneous occurrences started when I was very young.

In time, I learned to produce them at will, and can now send them to any part of my body in intense degree if necessary. It is an ability that can be greatly developed with practice. Concentration is necessary, and I used to notice an increase in breath rate just afterward--but have now reached a point where I can do it without affecting breathing. I can do it with or without closing my eyes... indeed I am doing it while I type this.

These exercises do not have any adrenaline-like effect on me, though they do have an effect on my skin. Not only do I notice goosebumps in areas I'm sending energy to, but the skin becomes softer, more healthy in time. I am experimenting in healing sunburn with this technique.

Here's an interesting bit I just recently learned... my now-deceased paternal grandmother apparently could do it too. My aunt was telling me stories about her and said her mother used to judge a person's spiritual level by the 'goosebump affect' they had on her. So perhaps there's a hereditary element to this ability??? When she was on her death bed (multiple strokes, she was in her mid-nineties), I noticed how young and soft her skin was, but didn't make the connection at the time.

My sister and father don't have the ability. Nor do his siblings as far as I know (I've asked my father--and his sister, my aunt, would've mentioned it when she told the story I think).

I have a gut feeling that this ability, if developed and used wisely, can be used to heal. I can use it to will myself energy when I'm fatigued, though I haven't experienced long-lasting energy. I will keep developing this ability and will report back if any new developments occur. Meanwhile, if you wish to contact me about this, my email is tarmacfish@yahoo.com

-Steve

Serious:
I too can control goosebumps, and the feeling that occurs when they are created is exactly as Jolyn explained with the wave description. I have also noticed a unusual knack for controlling blood flow. I have not really tried to strengthen these abilities although I would love to have some suggestions on how to as well as what else I may be capable of doing.

Eagerly awaiting your responses

PS (Just to sound like a complete madman,although I promise what I say is the truth, I also have a tendency to pick up surface thoughts from people, those who also get goosebumps might like to give it a try, start out trying to pick a single digit number from someone, it takes  lack of concentration, you want to try to do it, but not think what the number is otherwise conscious suggestion takes over, just let anything wonder into your head it comes across as a fleeting suggestion)

also how many of those who display these abilities were born late feb early march?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version