Life Sciences > Physiology & Medicine

What makes sperm smell? Can a Vasectomy change sperm odour?

(1/6) > >>

Karen W.:
Well I think this was asked before, sort of, but I am asking again!

Not only that but does sperm vary in odor from one man to the next?

Say Joe blow over there has had a vasectomy say 21 years ago, and his sperm has a very pungent odor to it.

Now say, Popeye over here had a vasectomy a week or two ago,.. will Popeye's sperm smell different then Joe blow's sperm..or will his be less odoriferous?

When one is shooting blanks does the odor of the sperm change.... Or does a vasectomy do have nothing to do with sperm odor?

We know food affects taste but what about smell?

I am confused and curious!

Nizzle:
The taste/smell of sperm is largely depending not on the spermatozoids but on the semen fluid, which is created in the seminal vesicle.

Since a vasectomy occurs between the testicles and the seminal vesicle, a vasectomized man's semen could taste/smell slightly different, due to the lack of spermatozoids, but there would be no difference between Popeye and Joe Blow.

As you already said, food influences taste greatly, and I believe the smell will be affected too, in combination with the man's showering frequency [;)]

Don_1:
Hmmm! Well Karen, I can't say as I've done a survey on different mens ejaculation pongs.

Possibly this is just as well, or I might have gotten the odd damn good thrashing on a number of occasions, or attracted some unsought attention from those who, for the want of a better phrase, 'swing the other way'.

Truth of the matter is, I never even thought to get a sample of my own 'bouquet' when I was a younger man who had 'lead in his pencil'.  Having had the old snipperooney some years ago, I now have no lead in my pencil (not that I've got anyone to write to anyway) and it still hasn't occurred to me to get a whiff of my, ermmm, fragrance.

But I guess there would be no difference, except perhaps after the lapse of a few hours. When I (how can I put this delicately) errrr, 'arrive' there is a tadpole-free ejaculation. My little tadders are diverted onto a different route out of the body. So while a chappy with 'loaded, live' errr, stuff, would have dying Wrigley things in his whatsitsname, mine would not have any such animation, so it just might not have quite the same effect on the old conk.

There, I think I've given a highly technical answer, without the use of long medical terms or vulgarities.

Nob Oh! Sorry, that slipped out. ------- Put it away you dirty old sod!

Variola:

--- Quote ---The taste/smell of sperm is largely depending not on the spermatozoids but on the semen fluid, which is created in the seminal vesicle.

Since a vasectomy occurs between the testicles and the seminal vesicle, a vasectomized man's semen could taste/smell slightly different, due to the lack of spermatozoids, but there would be no difference between Popeye and Joe Blow.
--- End quote ---

But don't they also collect fluid from the prostate on the way?

I don't think a Vasectomy would make as much difference as the general natural differences between men's ejaculate. Some men's smell much stronger than others, other taste more salty, some are whiter whereas others are more translucent, and consistency varies too.
I actually have no idea what causes the difference, and have often wondered as such, but presumed it's just the natural genetics differences between men.

Te richest person in the world will be the one who invents a pill that makes it taste like chocolate..

Don_1:
I think it might be a big, BIG mistake, to ask how you accumilated so much knowledge on this matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

[0] Board index