On the Lighter Side > Complementary Medicine

What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?

<< < (45/89) > >>

crowsnest6:
Hi!  Two of my 4 children have come down with this horrible Molluscum!!! Their Dr acts like it is nothing. It started with my oldest who is 12. About a year ago he began getting small spots , we had no idea what they were and I told him not to worry about it. They started spreading and getting larger and we took him to the Dr who told us Molluscum. My second son also had ONE spot on his side. We were told NOTHING about this condition only it is common and will go away. I only found out ONLINE that we are not suppose to share towels, wash hands after touching them etc... the Dr didn't say a word about that!  [::)] We have tried many things, but nothing so far has worked. My oldest sons finally did get HUGE (he has eczema) and they are gone now except for these huge holes they left behind but they are SLOWLY healing. My middle son had his to spread all over his chest and back. From this forum I have read to try the organiz apple cider vinegar (purchased some today) and the silver spray. We just tried this and will see how he is in a week!  Meanwhile I am praying over my youngest two children. Another boy aged 6 has some red spots on his side, and I am PRAYING they are NOT MOLLUSCUM!  My youngest is a little girl who also has eczema and I haven't seen anything on her yet!  PRAY NOT! we want these OUT of our HOME! They ahve been a nightmare!!!! Thank you so much for all the info on this forum!  Blessings, pam<><     

crowsnest6:
Also, pes77, thank you for all your information!  From your posts is where I got the idea to try the ACV and silver spray!  Pam<><

dentstudent:
Please do have a look here too!

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=1365.0

rebeca:
hello; I've written before here, but more to ask for advice; my 3yr old daughter had MC and it just wouldn't go away with anything. I've tried all the natural things found on this forum, but with no luck unfortunately. We got to the point when she had more than 100 all over the body. And they were spreading so fast.

This summer we've been to Italy in holiday and wanted to see a dermatologist there as well. He told us that these MC need to be removed as soon as you have them if you don't want to spread (which we all sort of know by now anyway). He tried to remove some from my daughter's armpit, but because she had sooo many, we did not go ahead with the procedure, as it was too distressful for her. Instead he gave us another solution, which I can now say it worked for us perfectly. We have now got rid of the MC.

He gave us CONDYLINE, for external use only. You will have to be very careful as this medicine is quite strong, and can burn the healthy skin around the MC. You will have to control it yourself. If after few times you have applied it you see the skin around the MC is too red, then you stop putting Condyline for a day or two. And so on.... After few times i've put Condyline, the white core would be burnt and a little crust would take its place for a day or two. And then with showers/water they would go away. You will have for some time a sort of redness/pigmentation of the skin, but that has gone away.

I can not tell you how desperate I was as nothing worked for us, but now we've got our life back.

Good luck to all of you. I hope it works for you as it did for us. It is a chemical process and not natural at all, but to tell you the truth who cares, as long as you get results.

crowsnest6:
Hi!  Where do you purchase Condyline?  My middle son has them now. My oldest started it and his really got HUGE (quarter size or so) but when they got that big the cores started popping out on their own (I didn't know then to get them out would kill it!!) but they finally all just died and he had SEVERAL!  Now my middle son has them all on his chest, stomach, and back. His are not as big (actually some are VERY tiny) and we are trying the apple cider vinegar on cotton balls with a band-aid which kills the bigger ones but have found does touch the smaller ones.  He also takes 2 T ACV 3 times a day (bless his heart...such a trooper!!!) They are not going away!!!!!  And yesterday I found three going up his side and one under his arm. This is getting ridiculous! I am thinking of calling a derm and seeing about the blistering agent? Just don't know what to do :(   [???] [???] [???] Pam<><

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version