Life Sciences > Physiology & Medicine

Is it common or useful to be able to control goosebumps, and pulse, at will?

<< < (5/70) > >>

Ians Daddy:
quote:Originally posted by Jolyon

If the tensing is done in a particular way [which I am really at a loss to describe], it triggers waves of an electrical sensation which is generally a precursor to the goose bumps. These “waves” are quite specific in their movement and direction. They begin at the base of the skull just above the “muscle tensing “area then radiate outwards to my upper back and shoulders, then to my arms and finally my legs [most strongly at the front of my thighs]. It also moves around my head in a wave, like I was putting on a tracksuit hood [but no goose bumps manifest there as far as I can tell except on my neck]. I can increase the intensity of these waves,]

Wow, That's almost erotic. It was good for me. Think I'll have a smoke.

Do these "waves" go anywhere else? If so, I'd never leave the house.[:p]

I know people who practice Tantric Yoga describe "waves". I wonder if these are related somehow.

Ouch, my neck is sore and I'm dizzy from trying this.

Jolyon:
Hhehehehehehehehehehheheheheheheheheeh!!!!!! Now I understand why you are described as an ADVANCED MEMBER! Unfortunately, mine is merely a JUNIOR so I can't really help you out on the old tantric front. [sorry more dick jokes]. [:D]

Ians Daddy:
Advanced, schmadvanced.....I'm just a "member". Don't let the "advanced" fool ya. I've disappointed more than a few. I married my wife because she couldn't read a ruler. We divorced when someone showed her what six inches realy was. [:)]
D!ck jokes are as contagious as yawns.

Jolyon:
Chris, [or anyone for that matter]
Any thoughts on the sleep apnia idea I raised earlier?  Or am I stabbing wildly in the dark without a knife?

chris:
Whilst breathing is an automatic process, upon which we can superimpose voluntary control, the pathways that control breathing are not part of the traditional 'autonomic nervous system' and originate from a respiratory centre in the brainstem. This centre integrates inputs from various sources including chemical receptors which continuously 'taste' the blood to tell how acidic it is and how much oxygen the blood is carrying, sensory receptors from the lungs that tell how inflated they are, sensory signals originating from your limbs that stimulate breathing when you exercise, autonomic inputs which boost the respiratory rate when you are frightened, and voluntary inputs that enable you to take big breaths when asked to do so by the doctor.

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

[0] Board index