The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The Evolutionary Psychology of Human “Nasty” Sexual Behaviour  (Read 2801 times)

Offline blue_cristal

• View Profile
There is a video that provides a basic understanding about the biology and evolutionary psychology of human “nasty” sexual behaviour: rape, sexual predation, cheating, gold-digging, etc

mode=related&search=

( Use the “Pause” button in this video in order to read its text at your own pace. It is a bit speedy )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you prefer classic music as background watch this one:

[/b]

Offline blue_cristal

• View Profile
I am a bit surprised that a topic of Evolutionary Psychology was treated with such restriction.

How can science progress if irrational morality ( based on questionable religious dogmas ) obstructs it ?

another_someone

I think the problem is that the way it was phrased was a little sensationalist.

The topic is valid, but the particular way it was approached was a little amateur (and I think in some cases the video was actually factually wrong - this is not to say the underlying message was totally wrong, only that it was sloppy research).

I agree that the topic itself is valid.

The reality is that there is no such thing as unnatural human behaviour - human beings are a product of nature, and all behaviour they undertake is in one way or another natural.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Psychologists never use the words "unnatural" or "nasty" when referring to behaviour. The preferred terms are "abnormal" and "aberrant".

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length