The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: "evolution"  (Read 3794 times)

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
"evolution"
« on: 30/09/2007 20:34:56 »
Why do people continue to propargate this crazy evolution theory when we are given Gods word how he created heaven and Earth in six days 

paul.fr

"evolution"
« Reply #1 on: 30/09/2007 21:57:19 »
are they any crazier than those that "know" gods given words?

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
  • keep banging the rocks together
    • View Profile
    • ian kimber's web workspace
"evolution"
« Reply #2 on: 01/10/2007 00:23:53 »
Because as all people who know and study religions of the main faiths know there are two "books" written by "God".  The book of physical life as it exists on this planet and a book of great wisdom transcribed through the ages.  The book of life shows clearly that the earth has been around for a long time and life has evolved and takes precedence.  The book of wisdom says a great deal about how one should behave and has parables about the origins of life that are not intended to be taken literally as the exact truth but figuratively to show features of human and divine nature.  This means that the big bang origins of the universe and the origins and evolution of life on this planet present no problems to the main stream versions of the main religions of this world.

It is only a vociferous minority of extremists who insist on literal biblical facts and these are regarded as somewhat blind and bigoted by the majority of practitioners of these religions.  Unfortunately the silent majority does not get the publicity.

Offline Quantum_Vaccuum

• The Base Of Chemistry
    • View Profile
"evolution"
« Reply #3 on: 01/10/2007 04:58:48 »
its to give us a holiday on either saturday and sunday, dont argue with it, lols

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
"evolution"
« Reply #4 on: 01/10/2007 05:59:43 »
There have so many crazy ideas on this forum lately that I thought I would put up the craziest one I could think of to see what the reaction would be !!!!

Offline Ophiolite

• View Profile
"evolution"
« Reply #5 on: 01/10/2007 10:45:02 »
There have so many crazy ideas on this forum lately that I thought I would put up the craziest one I could think of to see what the reaction would be !!!!
I thought you had been abducted by aliens and a fifth columnist clone put in your place.

Offline _Stefan_

• View Profile
    • My Photobucket Album
"evolution"
« Reply #6 on: 01/10/2007 13:54:40 »
I'm just surprised DKV hasn't snatched up this opportunity to preach TSP yet.

The Naked Scientists Forum

"evolution"
« Reply #6 on: 01/10/2007 13:54:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums