The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Chemistry MSc  (Read 3226 times)

Offline trio_uk

• First timers
    • View Profile
Chemistry MSc
« on: 16/06/2004 14:42:49 »
Hi, i wonder if someone can help me pls. I am looking for a university or other Institute of Higher Ed which offers a distance learning chemistry based MSc course. I have found one in Scotland, but that is aimed at management of chemists! Any help would be greatly appreciated [:I]

Offline valley

• View Profile
Re: Chemistry MSc
« Reply #1 on: 16/06/2004 15:04:06 »
Eek, I'd be surprised if you can do that at all - Chemistry is such a hands-on subject that you'd be really missing out if you don't get to play around in the lab. MSc's also involve original research - which means a *lot* of time in the lab - so I just don't see how it would work.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16/06/2004 16:01:29 »
I suppose this is a silly suggestion but could the Open University help you at all ?

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'  

Offline trio_uk

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17/06/2004 10:42:56 »
Distance MSc chem is possible as im sat next to someone who finished her course 2yrs ago. Unfortunately the course is no longer being run by the same Uni (which may well be the biggest hint yet). OU courses may well be the only option open still, but there is a bit too much on-site training needed (which is far from me and interferes with my current job!)
Thanks for the suggestions tho

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 17/06/2004 10:42:56 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums