The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: I'm drooling to ask this question about saliva ?  (Read 2645 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
I'm drooling to ask this question about saliva ?
« on: 06/10/2007 21:33:38 »
Dearest Peeps of Academia Nuts !

I was thinking (like ewe do !..and it hurt !) about bodily secretions !...Yep !!..what else is there to do on a Saturday night ?....Gawwwwwd I must be the envy of the world with such a frenzied ' life and soul of the party' lifestyle that I lead !!

..anyway..I got to five and decided I'd spit on the monitor and ask about drool !!

saliva eh ?...what's it made from ?....how is it made ?....does it permeate through my cheeks (NOT my woolly arse cheeks) or is there a gland?..if there is gland can I see it myself by looking in the mirror ?..cos all I know is that I see some food , or a sexy ewe and I gotta mouth full of drool juice !!..how much saliva can I make ....how much energy does it ewese to make it ?

Thanks for making my weekend go with such a bang !

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06/10/2007 21:35:33 »
i think it comes from under our tongues. but i'm not sure. that's just my opinion

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/10/2007 21:42:09 »

Saliva is a dilute, aqueous fluid containing electrolytes and proteins. It also contains a certain amount of cell debris from the epithelial cells of the mouth, and food residues.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 06/10/2007 21:42:09 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums