The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The fourth dimension  (Read 5478 times)

Offline qazibasit

• View Profile
The fourth dimension
« on: 24/06/2004 14:23:51 »
Beside the third dimension there is another dimension the fourth one which according to Einstein was the time factor beside the X,Y and Z, there are some scientist who said that the dreams which we used to see is in 4th dimension so i was attendind a workshop named as "The mind power in 4th dimension" and that was a very great workshop in which he told the ppls that if we are in alpha brain state then we can think in 4th dimension and we can see and experience some super natural things he make us do this but as you know that a little logic makes the person out of alpha state to beta.

My question is to the ppls who are here to tell me any way so that i can go in alpha brain frequency to access my subconsious and unconscious

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
Re: The fourth dimension
« Reply #1 on: 26/06/2004 06:34:07 »
There was a machine patented in the US called the Neurotone.  It used some electrodes on your head with a mild, somewhat adjustable electrical current and it was proven to help stimulate alpha waves.  I thought the thing was very relaxing.  Always fell asleep when I used it.

Offline qazibasit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26/06/2004 16:20:06 »
thanks for your help ya i know that if you are in alpha you are almost in sleep but if you want to be in 4th dimension then you dont have to sleep just be in the alpha frequency and their is a whole process that will lead you in the 4th dimension the problem i am having is that i am too logical that brings me out from the alpha and the next thing is i sometimes go to sleep in theta and delta. I will look for the Neurotone thanks for that.

Offline Titanscape

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26/06/2004 16:53:32 »
There is also a device in a uni which uses a magnet to reduce brain activity in a choice region to simulate spiritual experiences.

Titanscape

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27/06/2004 16:05:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by bezoar

There was a machine patented in the US called the Neurotone.  It used some electrodes on your head with a mild, somewhat adjustable electrical current and it was proven to help stimulate alpha waves.  I thought the thing was very relaxing.  Always fell asleep when I used it.

Nance....I want that machine !!!!!

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27/06/2004 22:49:08 »
Don't know that you can get one anymore.  We used them on alcoholics and drug addicts a long time ago when I was a young nurse.  It was supposed to help them relax and not crave drugs.  Not too successful in that department, but it did help produce alpha wave generation.  Guess that wasn't really the reason for the addiction.  It was one of many modalities we used.  A whole behavior modification unit, complete with aversion therapy.

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
« Reply #6 on: 28/06/2004 01:38:51 »
No, not quite. The equipment that titanscape is referring to is a TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulator). This consists of a powerful electromagnet resembling a fist-sized figure '8' which can be held over the skull and used to manipulate the activity of populations of nerve cells which fall within the magnetic field created by the windings. Exposure to the magnetic field alters the membrane potential of the cells and hence their activity. By moving the stimulator to different regions of the skull you can recruit or inactivate different brain regions in the awake subject, whilst simultaneously monitoring any impact on their behaviour / cognition. It is non invasive and (as far as we know) harmless.

For instance you can elicit movements in subjects by directly stimulating the motor cortex - the strip of brain tissue about an inch wide that runs vertically down the outside of each hemisphere just in front of the ear containing motor neurones controlling the face, trunk arms and legs. Interestingly the nerve cells in the motor strip are arranged into a 'homunculus' - Latin for small man - so, for instance, all of the cells controlling the leg are clustered at the top into different muscle groups, then comes the trunk, then the hand and finally the mouth and face at the bottom of the brain. The relative amount of brain matter devoted to each of these regions varies according to the degree of precision with which we need to control them. So the feet, legs and trunk have a small area devoted to them, the arm and especially the hand have a large amount of brain devoted to it, and then the face. Not surprisingly the mouth area of the brain is enormous (more in some people than others !) because of the demands of language.

A couple of years ago I covered a story about an Australian "thinking cap" comprising a magnetic hat which can (allegedly) boost your creative thinking :

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/html/shows/2002.06.16.htm#3

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Offline Quantumcat

• The Kitty Down Under
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28/06/2004 10:08:46 »
I remember the homunuculus in biology class. It was a really ugly baby with giant lips and tongue and tiny legs and big hands.

I don't know about the fourth dimentional thinking part though. I have no background to cover what I say but I don't believe a 3D creature can imagine 4D: He can't get out of 3D, and he's never had any experiences in 4D only in 3D and can well imagine 2D (even though never had experiences in it), and your brain can't contain anything that hasn't first come in through the senses, except for instinct and that comes from the makeup of your body, and the particles that make up your body and DNA haven't had any 4D experiences either (being 3D objects and all). We can't build a machine to go into 4D because we don't know anything about 4D except by analogies between 2D and 3D. So, I rule out 4D thinking. (but again I have no background to back up anything of what I say)

Am I dead? Am I alive? I'm both!

Offline qazibasit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01/07/2004 00:25:47 »
well you are right that a 3D creature cant think in 4D but to your astronishment it is possible and that you cant not only think in 4D but you can feel in 4D too. i think you believe in the fact that a normal person use only 2% of its brain and the rest 98% is useless which means that we didnt use our brain in this world so in simple just consider that if we use a little more of our brain we will be able to see in 4D and not only this but we can also defy gravity and can walk on water ya i know amazing for you but some old chinese ppls do walk on water.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/07/2004 02:26:51 »
Well the only time I've ever walked on water was on a frozen pond or an ice rink, but I'm intrigued by your answer Gazibasit....have you actually seen the old chinese people walk on water ?...thanks.

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

Offline gsmollin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01/07/2004 03:20:20 »
...you have to know where the rocks are...

Offline qazibasit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01/07/2004 10:04:12 »
well did you ever see the mass converting into energy if you believe in relativity.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #11 on: 01/07/2004 10:04:12 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums