The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: body decomposition  (Read 21743 times)

Offline Ians Daddy

• View Profile
Re: body decomposition
« Reply #25 on: 07/07/2003 17:03:43 »
Yuck!!! I guess it makes it ok if it's on a kebab stick. Find something repulsive, put it on a kebab stick and fry the hell out of it. Voila! Something tasty.

Offline nilmot

• The Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08/07/2003 20:13:49 »
Oh yes, we the Chinese culture have many delicacy. I think it's becuase we grew up having to eat those sort of thing so we feel alright about it. For example, duck's tongue which is not as bad as it sound and entrails such as livers, kidneys, and hearts.

Deep-frying them on a kebab stick? We cook then in a pan or wok and add various ingredients (generally herbs)to it to make it tastes and looks excellent. You won't even know it's some pig's kidney. :D

But I have to admit, some of the stuff Chinese people eat are strange.

Tom

Offline Ians Daddy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08/07/2003 21:34:21 »
I live in Texas, USA and we have a strong Mexican influence. I've dated Mexican girls and found out that dinner should never be questioned. Strange things are cooked up and eaten there. I just enjoy it if it's good and don't want to know what it is. If I can still tell what it is after it's been cooked...ie, tongue or brain, I refuse. However, if it's chopped up, fried or on a kebab, I'll have two. :)

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09/07/2003 00:15:57 »
Chris, yes I could hear the maggots, but I think the sound was their bodies wiggling together.  There had to be hundreds, maybe over a thousand in her eye (I guess the barnyard isn't the best place to live if you don't want flies laying eggs).  I don't know, maybe it was their chompers tearing at the flesh.  

The guys I worked with thought it was very funny that I didn't realize her condition and was eating my lunch when I approached her.  
« Last Edit: 09/07/2003 01:18:55 by Donnah »

Offline Ians Daddy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09/07/2003 03:59:00 »
Thanks, Donnah. I was eating when I read this just now. I stress... WAS eating.

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 09/07/2003 15:16:23 »
Well maybe we should form a club.  I was eating cherry pie when I read about Fred and Rose West.

Offline Ians Daddy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10/07/2003 05:49:27 »
Ick!

Offline Quantumcat

• The Kitty Down Under
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11/07/2003 11:44:35 »
What is Fred and Rose West?

Am I dead? Am I alive? I'm both!

Offline Ians Daddy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11/07/2003 15:35:28 »
Quite the pillars...err, killers of society. Grab a cherry pie and settle down for a good read. I found them on the net in a London paper archive. I forgot the link, but they came right up when I searched. Good luck.

Offline weirdo_decay

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12/08/2003 13:16:25 »
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font=Comic Sans MS]
the thing with fred and rose wasn't that bad i mean albert fish kid nappeded kids tortured them cut them up slowly and then ate the good parts in a soup. a really crazy man he used to also get his kids to torture him to like get a brush like thing with hard nails hammed in it and make them hit him since he enjoyed pain so much.
[:0]

" U laugh because i'm different i laugh because u are all the same"

Offline Broca

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28/08/2003 21:35:12 »
I had reason to work with a corpse that had been buried, in his coffin for just under 7 years. The stench was strong, but there was a remarkably slight decomposition. Some bone was apparent in some areas and in others there was only a wrinkling of skin. To keep the transfer of stench down, we simply removed the parts we needed down to the bone, took the bones to another room and then returned them when we were finished perusing them.

Offline Ians Daddy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28/08/2003 21:51:10 »
Yuck! Can you share the reason?

Welcome to the family.

Offline Broca

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28/08/2003 21:58:14 »
Thank you for the welcome! In an early career choice, I was a nuclear technologist. I had to help find a cause of death for an insurance company so that this rather well off gentlemans wife and family could claim double indemnity from the life insurance policy. The experience was rather interesting although not something I would endevor to do everyday!<smile>
I think that due to their wealth, they could afford a more expensive coffin so the deteriation was not as vast. I guess Tupperware as opposed to the generic knock off! <grin>

Offline Ians Daddy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28/08/2003 22:33:54 »
Hahahaha. Canning cadavers....not a bad idea.

I'm donating my body to science. I've already made the will for this. 1. I don't want to take up precious space. 2. I don't want my family to have to do all the expensive and time consuming work of a funeral. 3. It's the ultimate recycling. If a young doctor can learn a thing or two by cutting me up....great! They probably will throw out my liver, lungs and spinal cord.(Too many additives) :)

Offline anita

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02/11/2003 03:52:24 »
hello is anyone there?

Offline anita

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02/11/2003 03:53:59 »
hello is anyone there?

anita hoover

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
« Reply #41 on: 02/11/2003 13:42:00 »
Yes Anita

we're here !

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02/11/2003 23:24:39 »
Welcome Anita!

Ron, they would never throw out your liver, lungs and spinal cord.  They are far too useful[}:)] as Christmas ornaments with that lovely green glow[^]!

Offline Ians Daddy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03/11/2003 05:02:53 »
No doubt, Donnah. There's some deep research opportunity in those organs. I may get a tattoo that warns of wearing chemical gloves when disecting.:)

Offline Inker

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 28/11/2003 16:50:20 »
I need an answer...My brother disappeared 8 months ago. November 20th he was found about 60 yards from where his car was left. He was last seen on March 25,03. From March 26 up until the day he was found dead people were within 5-150 yards of him daily. Authorities say he committed suicide. I can deal with this but not without several questions answered first. My first question is this....Can people be that close to him without smelling anything? He was found covered in a blanket, but I'm having trouble believing that would cover any smell. No vultures...and my best friend, who is a nurse, walked right by him and didn't smell anything. Is any of this possible?

Offline Inker

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 29/11/2003 18:02:10 »
Have I asked a question that no one wants to answer? Or,since I am new, maybe I just don't know where to find it.
« Last Edit: 29/11/2003 18:03:18 by Inker »

Offline tweener

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 30/11/2003 02:09:59 »
Inker, be patient.  This is a forum, not a chat room, and some people only check in every few days.

I claim no expertise in this area, except having grown up on a farm and thus being around dead animals once in a while. I can't imagine that after a few days there wouldn't be a noticeable smell.  Unless of course it was very cold and little decomposition was taking place.  I've seen deer that died in the winter not smell hardly at all because they decomposed very slowly, and I suppose dessicated more than decomposed.  If people are around a lot, the vultures won't be around much, but other small animals (coyotes, rats, coons, skunks) depending on the location will also eat on the body.  If the body was found with few or no marks from animals, it might not have been there very long, unless it was in an area where there are very few wild animals.  

Are the authorities saying that he died at about the same time he disappeared?  It sounds like it from your original post.

I really don't know .  I'm sorry about your brother and I sincerely hope that you get some answers to your questions.

----
John

Offline Inker

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 30/11/2003 16:35:27 »
First I'd like to apologise for being inpatient on a reply. I have not received official word on what forensic has concluded. This I should get in a few days. The body was found in an abandoned warehouse where the roof was caved in. There were doors in place though, so animals unable to crawl up concrete block walls could not get in.As of now, they believe he has been dead since March(when he disappeared).All this took place in Alabama at the end of March when it's not very cold. Thanks for your concern. I guess I'm just trying to be a little more educated on the topic when they present their conclusion.

Offline tweener

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 30/11/2003 23:59:46 »
I think it is wise to educate yourself.  But don't let anything become an obsession.  That will just cloud your judgement and could ruin your life.

Good luck!

----
John

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01/12/2003 19:31:43 »
Welcome Inker.  I'm sorry you lost your brother in such an awful way.  The warehouse may have masked the smell with other smells.  There are many people who don't have a good sense of smell, or wouldn't recognize the scent of decaying flesh.  Have you been there to see what it is like now?  Have they ruled out foul play?  Hopefully forensics will answer your questions.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 01/12/2003 19:31:43 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length