The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: deformed toe/finger nails on rt side only!!  (Read 8401 times)

Offline Ruth

• View Profile
deformed toe/finger nails on rt side only!!
« on: 19/10/2007 20:16:48 »
My friend has what looks like a severe fungal infection on right side only of her finger & toe nails. They are very pitted & some have gone completely. She has been told it is not a fungal infection. She also has some skin lesions that look a bit like psoriasis but has been told its not that either. She has had it a long time & given up now but I would like to know what it is!! Any suggestions? Thanks

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20/10/2007 17:08:18 »
Ruth, check out my work on Inclined Bed Therapy. Finger and toenail improvements have been reported by many who have tried this simple free therapy. I am curently researching psoriasis, aiming to show that the skin lesions will dramatically reducae and in some cases vanish altogether when flat bedrest is avoided.

Ask you friend if she sleeps on a side rather than on her back or tummy and if so which side does she sleep on?
 http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22andrew+k+fletcher%22+nails&btnG=Search&meta=

Offline Ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27/10/2007 19:58:11 »
Hi Andrew.
Saw my friend  today. She has had this for 5 yrs.
We have talked some more & it looks like it is either dermatitis or psoriasis. No family history though her mum has just died of cancer. She is very fit & swims +++ & teaches Yoga. She sleeps in various positions. It does start to clear up in sunlight but always returns.
Thanks.
Ruth.

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27/10/2007 22:36:15 »
Ruth, I have seen my own finger and toenails change using IBT. I had a problem with the nailbed on my right thumb, a split half way down the nail was there ever since an argument with a bandsaw, the nail never grew right from when it happened, I am 50 now I injured the thumb around 19 years old. I am delighted that it no longer splits and the ridge up the nail is far stronger. People shed toenails usig IBT then grow stronger new nails free of problems. I am curently investigating psoriasis in relation to IBT, and have already got a few reports coming through which look to be confirming pilot study results. http://www.psoriasis-help.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,18376.0.html If your friend could take some photographs of her affected skin and nails prior to tilting her bed and provide us with some photographs to compare after a few months it would be a great help to my study.

Sounds like psoriatic arthritis as this affects the nails, which can develop holes in them. Again, I feel this may be a problem with circulation and IBT should help to resolve this if I am correct.

Offline Ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28/10/2007 09:54:51 »
Thanks Andrew.
This is all so interesting. I am more interested than her as she just puts up with it now after 5 yrs. I dont think she has arthritis. I am working with her this morning so will quiz her a but more. It does affect both feet but only one hand. Some nails have come off but regrown normally.
When she goes in the sun her lower arms flare up & itch like mad but then it gets better for the time she is on holiday etc.
I will also send her the link you have given.
I do like this site.
Do you know anything about electrosensitivity? Thats my problem!!!!
Regards.
Ruth

Offline beatyneils

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29/10/2007 05:46:13 »
 The first step in treating psoriasis is to use natural psoriasis medications. natural medications are creams, salves and ointments which have ingredients in them designed to soften the psoriasis plaques, thin them out, and in some cases slow down the skin growth response.
 The another major Psorisis Natural Treatment is through Oatmeal, that can aid the entire body, for it can simply be mixed into bathwater and used as a soak. with This  skin softens naturally, and makes thin out and soften the psoriasis plaques too.
for more details go to  newbielink:http://www.fastpsoriasisrelief.com/ [nonactive]

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30/10/2007 11:53:52 »
A site on nail psoriasis (photos) and treatments ...
http://dermnetnz.org/scaly/nail-psoriasis.html

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6 on: 30/10/2007 11:53:52 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums