The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Who were the rudest people you have met?  (Read 18396 times)

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
Who were the rudest people you have met?
« on: 30/06/2004 09:24:25 »
Not wanting to cause a war on here or anything (so light banter only please! ;)) But i just wondered which country you have visited and felt the people were really rude.

I'm afraid my prize goes to Austria... maybe it was a one off bad experience...

If we get repetitions from people then maybe we can have a league table lol! ;) ( i have to say though, that i find a lot of english people quite rude as well!)

Offline Ylide

• View Profile
    • http://clem.mscd.edu/~mogavero
Re: Who were the rudest people you have met?
« Reply #1 on: 30/06/2004 14:49:53 »
Having only been to Canada, I'd have to say....the US.

This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick of Seeing More People

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01/07/2004 19:42:23 »
One of our best ever holidays was in Italy....Rome, Florence and Venice....but we found the Romans....sooooo rude !!..espesh their driving.....I don't actually think they have a highway code !!

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

Offline tweener

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02/07/2004 02:51:51 »
Having been to Bolivia once, I would have to say the US.  Especially old people from New York who live in Florida.  They have to be the worst.

----
John - The Eternal Pessimist.

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02/07/2004 05:36:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by tweener

Having been to Bolivia once, I would have to say the US.  Especially old people from New York who live in Florida.  They have to be the worst.

----
John - The Eternal Pessimist.

So its the old US fogies then that have issues?

Offline Bin Laden

• Hide n Seek Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02/07/2004 06:07:36 »
Americans... definately Americans!!! fools, infidel fools! Keeping Saddam like that, and an extra point, at least give saddam some 'just for men' for his beard, you cant let such a glorious leader appear on television in such a state!

I on the other hand, have grey highlights in my beard... was thinking of a purple rinse next. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

catch me if you can!

Offline GOD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02/07/2004 18:21:49 »
Satan !!...now there's a bad boy. He's rather rude though I do respect his ability to eat very very very hot curry.

Bin, I think a rinse and perhaps a mohican with pink tips and glitter would be nice, and that's just the hair on your bum.

I am GOD..You are Not..I don't exist !!

Offline Bin Laden

• Hide n Seek Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03/07/2004 04:32:45 »
I have found Saddam VERY rude recently, hasn't phoned, he heasn't written, court case or not I think its very rude!!! Local papers are printing things like this

catch me if you can!

Offline Claire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05/07/2004 00:32:57 »
I met a right snotty cow the other day when I was walking the dog. She lives down the bottom of our road and had just driven up to her house and got out of her stupid little shiney city car (we live in the country), when Einstein our dog who is very friendly started wagging his tail and went over and sniffed her. She looked at him like he was a piece of poo on her high heels, walked round him and marched into her house without evening looking at me or smiling or anything. That's Surrey for you. A few days later when walking Einstein he needed a piss.....and decided to do it against her bin. They don't call him Einstein for nothing.:D

"Crushing truths perish by being acknowledged." Albert Camus

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05/07/2004 04:13:16 »
good old einstein!!! sounds like a silly cow, most of the locals are nice as well, i doubt she has many friends?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05/07/2004 12:17:50 »
Give me her address and I'll crap against her bin too !!:D

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06/07/2004 01:28:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by neilep

lol, i can just imagine you turning up and squatting behind the bin, trousers around your ankles hahahaha!

Hey, the best way to get back at people is to crap in a paper bag, fill it with lighter fuel and leave it on someone's doorstep. Light it, ring the bell and leg it. They will come to the door and the natural reaction is to stamp out the flames and well the rest is evident... ;)

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06/07/2004 01:28:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by neilep

lol, i can just imagine you turning up and squatting behind the bin, trousers around your ankles hahahaha!

Hey, the best way to get back at people is to crap in a paper bag, fill it with lighter fuel and leave it on someone's doorstep. Light it, ring the bell and leg it. They will come to the door and the natural reaction is to stamp out the flames and well the rest is evident... ;)

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06/07/2004 01:29:32 »
Its playing up, it won't show my text if i reply with quote... oh well. This goes in the above. (And noticed its double posting, strange things are going on)

« Last Edit: 06/07/2004 01:30:49 by Exodus »

Offline sprite190582

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06/07/2004 11:07:45 »
Old people! They judge young people too much.
I was sat in the vets about 18 months ago with my pet cuddles a rescued Royal python in what looked like a giant tool box with holes drilled in the top and these two old ladies with there cats sat on there laps started tutting at me telling me I was cruel for keeping animals in a "big black box". So I opened the lid and took cuddles out and put him on my lap, they nearly fainted and then continued to moan to each other about tropical pets and how they should be illegal! I was rehabilitating that python as who ever owned it had housed it incorrectly with a 100 watt house hold light bulb and it had 50% burns. I had spent over a month feeding it with a syringe and bathing it every 4 hours day and night. It was going to the vets for a check up on its healed burns and was in a dark box to reduce stress whilst travelling. Cuddles made a full recovery and now lives in an extremely large properly heated tank in my front room and is used in talks on reptiles at local schools and youth groups. She really enjoys peoples company.

Alex

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06/07/2004 17:59:55 »
I love snakes......me want a snake...me me me me me me want one too !!..trouble is wifey won't here anything of it...poo sulky tantrum !!!

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07/07/2004 01:01:00 »
Hey alex thats really cool of you to care about that snake and nurse it back to health, nice story. The fact is some of these old people are just as bad with abusing their pets without even realising it!! Don't know if you have noticed it but most old people's dogs/cats are obese! they overfeed them which in my opinion is just as bad as they are increasing the  chances of an early death, what do other people think?

Offline Claire

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07/07/2004 10:54:59 »
Yeh sometimes that's true. they can't resist giving them an ickle bit of cweemy weemy that's left over and before you know it the cat has got a stomach like a bowling ball. I also think its cruel when people have cats and don't let them out the house cos they are scared something will happen to them. If you live next to a motorway, you shouldn't have a cat full stop.

Actually the rudest people I ever met was when I was working as a bar maid at Epsom race course in the members and trainers area. Horrible, horrible people, treated me like scum. There was one particular woman who was openly rude to a barmaid who had never opened a champagne bottle before (well she was only 18). Mind you, we got amusement from the fact that despite having spent hundreds on her designer outfit the cow still looked fat in it and you could see her cellulite. Ha. That was the first and only time I did that job!

Offline sprite190582

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07/07/2004 11:33:58 »
I wish I could insert a picture, I have a picture of a VERY fat cat, a good example of over feeding!

Alex

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08/07/2004 01:23:09 »
not this one is it?

Offline sprite190582

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08/07/2004 07:33:56 »
yep thats the one, was part of quite a funny email called ***** parade that was the big *****, there was also giant (an even bigger cat), tight, horney and wet *****. Quite amuzing.

Alex

Offline sprite190582

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09/07/2004 10:01:10 »
Giant *****

Alex

Offline sprite190582

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09/07/2004 10:02:08 »
take two Giant Cat

Alex

Offline sprite190582

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09/07/2004 10:02:53 »
I give up!

Alex

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10/07/2004 03:12:41 »
lol

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 10/07/2004 03:12:41 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums