The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is it like to swim underwater with the big fish???  (Read 10514 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What is it like to swim underwater with the big fish???
« Reply #25 on: 08/11/2007 13:48:18 »
Quote from: Michael
I'm not as experienced as you unfortuanatly and only have a Padi open water with 9 dives. So far i have only been scuba diving in the carribean and decided to learn as my father in law lives in Australia where i'm going on my next holiday. He's 71 years old and regulary goes diving off the Great Barrier Reef. I cant wait ,i may actually get to see some real life sharks.

9 dives is a great start and the Padi openwater is a license to learn. I'm sure you're going to LOOOVE the Great Barrier Reef (lucky you!) and do take your camera with you - most sharks run away and you'd be lucky to get a picture. I've never dived in either places you mention..... yet (I hope)

Lovely picture, Seargent Major fish are always very curious and photogenic  ;D

Have you had an encouter with triggers yet? Do take care of triggers....

See those biters at the front? They go clean through any sea urchin.... or your fins or wetsuit if you should pass over their territorial nesting site......  You won't escape them by swimming off - they're faster. The only way is to swim 'backwards' keeping your eyes and fins in a staight line with the fish. It only 'attacks' from the side, never in a straight line.... and you slowly retreat till he's fed up

Silly fish!  ;D
Very cool picture! That sounds like a scary little critter! Aggressive much!

The Naked Scientists Forum

What is it like to swim underwater with the big fish???
« Reply #25 on: 08/11/2007 13:48:18 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums