The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Do the new Refridgerators really have antibacterial technology? Does it work?  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Well I was in the hospital all day yesterday forced into reading a ton of different things, and I came across a small add promoting a certain refrigerator brand that I will leave out here today, but it indeed was claiming to have come up with a new refrigerator that actually is effective at killing Bacteria growth with something called there "Nano SilverSeal" Technology. It said that, said named brand, "Nano SilverSeal" technology reduces different bacteria. Some of which include E. coli, Staphylococci, when they come in contact with the Nano Silver seal coating which is present on this said new refrigerator. It has a copyright from the company...

I was wondering if this indeed works,  how does it work, as I don't understand how a simple seal on a refrigerator can prevent this...

Does someone have any further knowledge of this Technology?

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
The wonders of new technology. Silver has been used for killing bacteria since before anyone knew what bacteria were.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I did not know that.. exactly what is it about silver that kills bacteria?

lyner

same property that kills werewolves, perhaps?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
LOL LOL... Thats funny! Only a silver bullet perhaps a Wearwolf has a bacterial trigger to make his transformation! LOL!

paul.fr

Karen, silver is an antibacterial, but a ca*p one. you should know this, there have been plenty of topics about colloidal silver in the past.

I would say, save your money and just regulary clean your fridge.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I did not know that.. LOL! Is that why they use that silver nitrate stuff in an infants belly button when the cord falls off and it does not stop bleeding.. I think the pediatriction called it silver nitrate... no wait... maybe it was some kind of zinc... I can't remember.

I seemed to have missed those topics you young whipper snapper! LOL Who do you think I am?????  Me head is empty! LOL.. I had no Idea.. what does  ;D ca*p one stand for Paul?
« Last Edit: 12/11/2007 06:38:53 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
OK I read a ton of Escallum posts on Coloidal Silver! then I googled it and read a ton more I still have lots to read.. I READ ABOUT RIP OFF COLLOIDAL SILVER AND HAW TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE AND TEST YOUR PRODUCT WITH TABLE SALT! I READ STUFF i HAVE TO REREAD BECAUSE MY BRAIN IS PEA SIZE AND IT WAS REALLY OVER MY HEAD SO NOW I AM IN SEARCH OF SIMPLE EXPLANATION AND CURRENT USES FOR IT OTHER THEN THE REFRIGERATOR SEALS! lol!! UH OH..SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS I WAS ALSO WATCHING PRINCE WILLIAM AND DID NOT LOOK AT WHAT I WAS DOING AND TYPED THIS IN CAPS! SORRY!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums