The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why Must I Drink THIS water Within Seven Days ?  (Read 9720 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Why Must I Drink THIS water Within Seven Days ?
« on: 10/11/2007 00:20:59 »
Dear H2O Imbibers,

If ewe are a fan of fizzy water then THIS is simply the best on the planet.

Italian and slightly effervescent (but not naturally)...

As a tea-totaller I have tasted  many many many many types of fizzy water and most of them are are just way too fizzy !...but this one....(and one other...also Italian)  is a must have !!

My question is though....(and the title kind of gives it away..DOH !!)....why ....must I drink this within seven days of opening !! ?...(in reality it only lasts a day anyway)

....I mean...it's just water isn't it ?

Hugs & Shmishes

Neil
xxxx

mwah mwah mwah !!

*side note to producers of the above water:Please feel free to send me a years supply free of charge...nota laterale ai produttori di suddetto tatto di water: liberamente per trasmetterlo che gli anni forniscono gratis*
« Last Edit: 10/11/2007 16:31:24 by neilep »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10/11/2007 03:17:43 »
It is probably just the fizziness ... I would think it would be ok unless you were drinking from the bottle and not pouring it in a glass. Then bacteria would form in it. At least that would be my guess as the fizziness would probably disappear.

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/11/2007 13:09:25 »
Dear H2O Imbibers,

If ewe are a fan if fizzy water then THIS is simply the best on the planet.

As a tea-totaller I have tasted  many many many many types of fizzy water and most of them are are just way too fizzy !...but this one....(and one other...also Italian)  is a must have !!

My question is though....(and the title kind of gives it away..DOH !!)....why ....must I drink this within seven days of opening !! ?...(in reality it only lasts a day anyway)

Hugs & Shmishes

Neil
xxxx

mwah mwah mwah !!

*side note to producers of the above water:Please feel free to send me a years supply free of charge...nota laterale ai produttori di suddetto tatto di water: liberamente per trasmetterlo che gli anni forniscono gratis*

Do you mean that kind only, or all mineral waters?
Water is a food and as such has a limited time of use. It also always containes organic substances, even if in small amounts, that can slightly change its characteristics with time, after opening and so having been in contact with air. In the case of fizzy water it also obviously change its "fizzyness", as Karen says.
Anyway, if you can wait till Monday, I can give you a more precise answer about that kind of water.

P.S.
You have written:
"nota laterale ai produttori di suddetto tatto di water: liberamente per trasmetterlo che gli anni forniscono gratis"
It's not correct; I could translate from italian into english what you have written in something like:
"side note to producers of the above tatto of water: freely to transmit that years provide gratis"  :)

you should instead write:
"nota laterale per i produttori di suddetto tipo di acqua: sentitevi liberi di inviarmi gratuitamente una fornitura annuale di bottiglie".
« Last Edit: 10/11/2007 13:12:56 by lightarrow »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/11/2007 16:33:15 »
It is probably just the fizziness ... I would think it would be ok unless you were drinking from the bottle and not pouring it in a glass. Then bacteria would form in it. At least that would be my guess as the fizziness would probably disappear.

Thanks for your answer Karen....a worthy attempt...and seems convincing to me

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/11/2007 16:38:20 »
Dear H2O Imbibers,

If ewe are a fan if fizzy water then THIS is simply the best on the planet.

Hugs & Shmishes

Neil
xxxx

mwah mwah mwah !!

Do you mean that kind only, or all mineral waters?
Water is a food and as such has a limited time of use. It also always containes organic substances, even if in small amounts, that can slightly change its characteristics with time, after opening and so having been in contact with air. In the case of fizzy water it also obviously change its "fizzyness", as Karen says.
Anyway, if you can wait till Monday, I can give you a more precise answer about that kind of water.

P.S.
You have written:
"nota laterale ai produttori di suddetto tatto di water: liberamente per trasmetterlo che gli anni forniscono gratis"
It's not correct; I could translate from italian into english what you have written in something like:
"side note to producers of the above tatto of water: freely to transmit that years provide gratis"  :)

you should instead write:
"nota laterale per i produttori di suddetto tipo di acqua: sentitevi liberi di inviarmi gratuitamente una fornitura annuale di bottiglie".

Alberto.

Come stai?

LOL.....My Italian is based on a web translator !!..so....I kind of expected it to be really translated into nonsense...and I thank you for your kind response.....

...If you do get a chance then I welcome your more conclusive answer on Monday.

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/11/2007 18:06:49 »

Alberto.

Come stai?

LOL.....My Italian is based on a web translator !!..so....I kind of expected it to be really translated into nonsense...and I thank you for your kind response.....

...If you do get a chance then I welcome your more conclusive answer on Monday.

I'm well, thanks! And you?
I imagined you were using a translator; what I don't imagine is how many stupid things I can have written in english, sometimes!  :)
Ciao!

paul.fr

« Reply #6 on: 10/11/2007 19:59:26 »
Just a guess.

possibly bacteria, from your mouth in to the bottle. remember we spit back in to he bottle as we drink, then again, would just leaving it out in the sun allow uv rays to kill said bacteria?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10/11/2007 21:53:32 »
YAYYYYY! does that mean I was right too, if we both said that... LOL Does that mean you and I share the boobie prize! LOL!

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11/11/2007 17:23:38 »
Just a guess.

possibly bacteria, from your mouth in to the bottle. remember we spit back in to he bottle as we drink, then again, would just leaving it out in the sun allow uv rays to kill said bacteria?
And that's still nothing: sometimes people feels bad and go in hospital saying to have drinked contaminated water; you look at the bottle and you find powder inside; then you make it analyze and you discover it's a drug (for example an anti-pain) the same that person usually take by putting the powder in his mouth and then drinking from the bottle...

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12/11/2007 12:26:45 »
I confirm one week is principally for "fizzyness" and for taste in general.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13/11/2007 00:39:51 »

La ringrazio molto

Spero che questo tradotto OK! !

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13/11/2007 11:37:59 »

La ringrazio molto

Spero che questo tradotto OK! !
OK!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #11 on: 13/11/2007 11:37:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums