The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can someone interact with my brain ?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline bill

• First timers
    • View Profile
Can someone interact with my brain ?
« on: 11/11/2007 00:53:33 »
He sat down close to me with a laptop. Then i began receiving hundreds of phone call.
It was simulation.He was recording my mood.
2 month later,i was told " we know what you think and we can have you do what we want". In others world, i was now a robot....

They are using sort of wave to stimulate the brain.How can i protect myself from this ?

I found this article online.
© The Author 2007. Published by Oxford University Press. All rights reserved. For permissions, please e-mail:

Controlling Emotional Expression: Behavioral and Neural Correlates of Nonimitative Emotional Responses
Tien-Wen Lee1, Raymond J. Dolan1 and Hugo D. Critchley1,2,3,4
1 Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, University College London, 12 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK, 2 Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, 17 Queen Square, London, UK, 3 Autonomic Unit, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, University College London Hospital Trust and Institute of Neurology, University College London, Queen Square, London, UK, 4 Department of Psychiatry, Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS), University of Sussex, Falmer Campus, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 9PX, UK

Address correspondence to Dr Tien-Wen Lee, Functional Imaging Laboratory, Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, University College London, 12 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK. Email: .

Emotional facial expressions can engender similar expressions in others. However, adaptive social and motivational behavior can require individuals to suppress, conceal, or override prepotent imitative responses. We predicted, in line with a theory of "emotion contagion," that when viewing a facial expression, expressing a different emotion would manifest as behavioral conflict and interference. We employed facial electromyography (EMG) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to investigate brain activity related to this emotion expression interference (EEI) effect, where the expressed response was either concordant or discordant with the observed emotion. The Simon task was included as a nonemotional comparison for the fMRI study. Facilitation and interference effects were observed in the latency of facial EMG responses. Neuroimaging revealed activation of distributed brain regions including anterior right inferior frontal gyrus (brain area [BA] 47), supplementary motor area (facial area), posterior superior temporal sulcus (STS), and right anterior insula during emotion expression–associated interference. In contrast, nonemotional response conflict (Simon task) engaged a distinct frontostriatal network. Individual differences in empathy and emotion regulatory tendency predicted the magnitude of EEI-evoked regional activity with BA 47 and STS. Our findings point to these regions as providing a putative neural substrate underpinning a crucial adaptive aspect of social/emotional behavior.

Key Words: emotion • facial expression • functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) • interference

The Naked Scientists Forum

« on: 11/11/2007 00:53:33 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums