The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How Come Bones Fix Themselves So Well ?  (Read 2928 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
How Come Bones Fix Themselves So Well ?
« on: 20/11/2007 20:35:58 »
Dearest Boneologists !

This is me sometime in the future.

....I hope to be able to still converse when I'm like that and I'm banking on peeps not noticing !!

As a yoof I broke my arm and it hurt rather a lot !!!....but...within a few weeks time it was healed...which is nice !!.......so...how do my bones heal ?...aren't they just bone shaped teeth stuff ?....and why do teeth NOT heal ?

hmmmmmm...prime rib !!...yummmy !!

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20/11/2007 21:19:39 »
The answer is gravity!

Today the FDA declared that gravity is a medical device and urged Americans to stop using gravity to treat bone health disorders. Gravity has traditionally been used to promote bone mineral density, for without gravity, bones become weak and fragile (as astronauts quickly discovered). But apparently there hasn't been any hard science conducted on this relationship, so the FDA now considers it "unproven quackery."
"There is no convincing evidence to show that gravity offers any health benefits whatsoever to people," FDA commissioner Dr. Wack Jobs said. "Accordingly, people should stop using gravity to alter their bone health and should, instead, rely on pharmaceuticals that have been rigorously tested and scientifically proven."

Also as part of the FDA's crackdown on gravity, all "bouncing" items such as trampolines, rebounders and exercise balls will be reclassified as medical devices and required to go through $800 million in clinical testing to prove they are safe before being sold to consumers. Even then, they will only be available with a doctor's prescription. To support the crackdown, the FDA warns that hundreds of children have already been harmed by trampolines, and that confiscating them is the only way to protect Americans from "these extremely harmful medical devices."

Armed raids will begin next week on sports stores, wholesale clubs, and retailers selling trampolines. The trampolines confiscated in such raids will reportedly be installed in the offices of FDA bureaucrats, allowing them to more easily bounce around ideas for oppressing the health freedom of everyday people.
http://www.newstarget.com/019391.html

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21/11/2007 05:59:14 »
Dearest Boneologists !

This is me sometime in the future.

....I hope to be able to still converse when I'm like that and I'm banking on peeps not noticing !!

As a yoof I broke my arm and it hurt rather a lot !!!....but...within a few weeks time it was healed...which is nice !!.......so...how do my bones heal ?...aren't they just bone shaped teeth stuff ?....and why do teeth NOT heal ?

hmmmmmm...prime rib !!...yummmy !!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.......I read that I can't stop laughing..LOL My ribs are killing me!...

Offline stana

• Dare to be yourself!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26/11/2007 19:44:10 »
Bones are honycombed. Threfor making them light yet strong. I dont think teeth are the same?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 26/11/2007 19:44:10 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums