The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: A New Classical Physics  (Read 9624 times)

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/natureoflight/pgindex
A New Classical Physics
« on: 21/11/2007 21:17:55 »
   For the past several years I have been working on two main projects, the first is a zero pollution, engine that yields pure rotary output and the second is a new theory of physics entitled : “A Gestalt Theory on the Nature of light and related phenomenon.”. Unfortunately both projects have been temporarily stalled due to lack of funds.

Gestalt Theory or the new classical physics that it represents is mainly based on the works of Sir Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday, Hendrik Lorentz, Albert Einstein and  Walter Heisenberg.

Neo classical physics explains physical phenomenon in quantifiable terms as a series of events connected by cause and effect. In other words, it is a  science .that is founded on causality.

If we consider any science as a sphere of knowledge, then at the furthest reaches of the sphere representing neo classical physics would lie the realm of relativistic physics, even further afield than that would lie the domain represented by Quantum Mechanics. This is an area where FTL transactions (Faster than light) are possible, where an object can possess two identities, simultaneously and distinctly, where  objects can become disembodied and then manifest themselves again. This is an area of knowledge where the “Many World Theory” is all too clearly seen to exist. In short this is the area of knowledge where anything is possible and where all possibilities exist simultaneously. It is the area represented by chaos and it is on this area of ‘knowledge’ on which Quantum Mechanics tries to impose some order.
We know that such a state must exist in nature because our reason tells us that it must exist.   Descartes famous exclamation “I think therefore I am”.  Must today become : “I think of something. Therefore it must be !” . This is not an exaggeration, it is merely a statement of fact of a state that we know must exist because we also know that matter and energy are equivalent and that such a state of chaos would have to exist if faster than light transactions were possible.
Thus in the Universe that we inhabit, neo classical physics applies,  while in a world described by different parameters such as FTL, QM could be said to reign supreme.

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #1 on: 22/11/2007 13:42:09 »
   For the past several years I have been working on two main projects, the first is a zero pollution, engine that yields pure rotary output and the second is a new theory of physics entitled : “A Gestalt Theory on the Nature of light and related phenomenon.”. Unfortunately both projects have been temporarily stalled due to lack of funds.

Gestalt Theory or the new classical physics that it represents is mainly based on the works of Sir Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday, Hendrik Lorentz, Albert Einstein and  Walter Heisenberg.
Werner.

Neo classical physics explains physical phenomenon in quantifiable terms as a series of events connected by cause and effect. In other words, it is a  science .that is founded on causality.

If we consider any science as a sphere of knowledge, then at the furthest reaches of the sphere representing neo classical physics would lie the realm of relativistic physics, even further afield than that would lie the domain represented by Quantum Mechanics. This is an area where FTL transactions (Faster than light) are possible, where an object can possess two identities, simultaneously and distinctly, where  objects can become disembodied and then manifest themselves again. This is an area of knowledge where the “Many World Theory” is all too clearly seen to exist. In short this is the area of knowledge where anything is possible and where all possibilities exist simultaneously.
I need a girlfriend. Can you find one for me?  :)

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #2 on: 22/11/2007 15:20:34 »
Duh! Tell me what it is that troubles you?
Unless you have some proof of FTL, everything I have said is absolutely true. Consider the facts. as far as the human brain can see, which is billions of light years distant, everything follows causality, unless you have something to prove FTL transactions, QM and all that it says is a difficult pill to swallow! Neo classical physics ( I am still working on it) explains everything that we see in terms of classical physics. Tell me, for hundreds of years the inverse square law held good for the propagation of light, then lasers came along and things changed, the Gestalt theory has an explanation for this that works! ! Yes! it does. How would QM explain it? Already to explain the propagation of EM, QM states that a photon metamorohioses into a positron and an electron, which undergo mutual annihilation resulting in another photon and so on, this according to QM is how an EM wave propagates. Excuse me???
« Last Edit: 22/11/2007 15:31:38 by McQueen »

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #3 on: 22/11/2007 16:41:15 »
Duh! Tell me what it is that troubles you?
Unless you have some proof of FTL, everything I have said is absolutely true. Consider the facts. as far as the human brain can see, which is billions of light years distant, everything follows causality, unless you have something to prove FTL transactions, QM and all that it says is a difficult pill to swallow! Neo classical physics ( I am still working on it) explains everything that we see in terms of classical physics. Tell me, for hundreds of years the inverse square law held good for the propagation of light, then lasers came along and things changed, the Gestalt theory has an explanation for this that works! ! Yes! it does. How would QM explain it? Already to explain the propagation of EM, QM states that a photon metamorohioses into a positron and an electron, which undergo mutual annihilation resulting in another photon and so on, this according to QM is how an EM wave propagates. Excuse me???
You didn't answer my question.

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #4 on: 22/11/2007 21:04:56 »
Ok, have a look at this!!
The Gestalt theory on the nature of light states that a photon consists of a series of pulses of energy emitted by an electron. Since the electron is a charged particle it is not implausible that what the electron is in fact emitting is a series of charged pulses of energy. Since the first pulses of energy contain more charge than subsequent pulses of energy a solenoidal field forms around the series of pulses of energy making them self-sufficient units in terms of energy and neutral in charge. Gestalt theory goes on to state that photons in this sense resemble old soldiers, they don’t die they just fade away. Thus the entire fabric of the Universe is made up of ‘virtual’ photons whose energy has leached away but whose solenoidal structure enables to survive almost indefinitely. These ‘virtual’ photons have a random orientation. (see this post to see some visualizations of a photon.)

Thus the Universe exists in a sea of ‘virtual’ photons that came into existence at the time of the Big bang. Once a photon has lost its energy it becomes a ‘virtual’ photon with an energy of around 10^^-15 eV. Because this energy is so low, it is ignored even by the Laws of Conservation. The energy of a ‘virtual’ photon is so low that matter is completely permeable to it, it can pass through matter as if it didn’t exist.

When a real photon enters the scene a dramatic change takes place, the virtual photons along the line of propagation of the ‘real’ photon, line up in series, in a negative to positive orientation, forming a line whose ends rest on infinity and the energy of the real photon travels along this line, intact, until it is absorbed by another electron. This is analogous to the manner in which electricity travels along a line of Leyden jars when connected in series. The original amount of charge in jar no:1 will be delivered intact at the nth. Jar irrespective of the number of jars in between.

You will notice that this explanation of a photon, explains in just a few lines the following properties of the photon that physicists have struggled with for the past fifty years:

1)   The theory explains the wave-particle nature of the photon.
2)   It explains the neutrality of the photon.
3)   It explains how the photon carries charge from one electron to another.
4)   It explains how the photon is able to retain its energy indefinitely or until it is absorbed by another electron.
5)   It explains why the photon always travels at the speed of light which is constant.
6)   It explains why the speed of light is constant.
7)   It explains fully the double slit experiment.
8)   In short it offers an explanation for every form of electromagnetic radiation.

If this were QM, I would probably state that it is the most perfect possible explanation.  Instead, I invite you to try and knock it down, it is just a theory after all, it is not a rule of nature or something immutable, and that is how theories should be examined. With an open mind. It is no use saying that this is my theory, other explanations may exist, but this is what everyone has to believe! Suc a view point is perfectly ridiculous . OK, if there is any property of the photon that is not explained by the theory I have put forward, do not hesitate to point it out. 
« Last Edit: 22/11/2007 21:07:58 by McQueen »

Offline thebrain13

• View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #5 on: 23/11/2007 06:24:28 »
explain how it explains the double slit experiment.

lyner

A New Classical Physics
« Reply #6 on: 23/11/2007 13:15:40 »
Since when did an electron emit a photon, on its own?

lyner

A New Classical Physics
« Reply #7 on: 23/11/2007 16:36:09 »
and when did laser light stop obeying the inverse square law? Bear in mind that the inverse square  law only applies to intensity versus distance from a point source. The 'point of origin' (simplisitically) of a laser (or even a car headlamp) is not where the light comes out  but some considerable distance behind.

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #8 on: 23/11/2007 22:41:08 »
and when did laser light stop obeying the inverse square law? Bear in mind that the inverse square  law only applies to intensity versus distance from a point source. The 'point of origin' (simplisitically) of a laser (or even a car headlamp) is not where the light comes out  but some considerable distance behind.
This question of the reduction of light intensity with distance from source raises another interesting point. If you think about it, it does bring to miind Zeno's famous problem about the frog. Namely what happens to the light in the end?

lyner

A New Classical Physics
« Reply #9 on: 23/11/2007 22:48:24 »
Yes but have you answered my question?

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #10 on: 24/11/2007 04:12:44 »
The inverse square law states that if a source of light has a given intensity at a certain distance from the source then that intensity will vary inversely with the square of the distance from the light source. So if a light source has a certain intensity at 1ft. distance from the source, that intensity would reduce to 1/16 of the original intensity at a distance of 4 ft. and so on.  This certainly does not apply to lasers, mainly because lasers are a coherent light source.

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #11 on: 24/11/2007 04:15:15 »
explain how it explains the double slit experiment.
It is really very simple, if as postulated, we exist in a sea of 'virtual' photons, then it follows that the 'virtual' photons would also experience interference as they pass through the slit, explaining why even individual ohtons, neutrons etc., end up making the same pattern as colections of particles.

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #12 on: 24/11/2007 06:11:07 »
You've associated a charge with the electric field and this is a fatal flaw in the theory.  Since this would mean that electric fields would interact with each other and with themselves, your theory predicts that the electromagnetic field is nonlinear in vacuum.  However, this isn't in agreement with centuries of experimental evidence.

A simple test would be to conduct the two-pinhole experiment in a constant electric field.  If your theory is right, the fringe pattern should shift depending on the direction of the applied field. 

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #13 on: 24/11/2007 18:32:31 »
You've associated a charge with the electric field and this is a fatal flaw in the theory.  Since this would mean that electric fields would interact with each other and with themselves, your theory predicts that the electromagnetic field is nonlinear in vacuum.  However, this isn't in agreement with centuries of experimental evidence.
If you had read my post more carefully you would have seen that I had stressed the solenoidal nature of the structure of the photon. This would make it capable of transferring energy while itself remaining neutral!
A simple test would be to conduct the two-pinhole experiment in a constant electric field.  If your theory is right, the fringe pattern should shift depending on the direction of the applied field. 
The solenoidal structure I have attributed to the photon means that it would not be effected either by a magnetic field or an electric field. To put it another way each photon is a dipole and therefore has no net charge.
« Last Edit: 24/11/2007 18:43:50 by McQueen »

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #14 on: 24/11/2007 19:38:04 »
I did read the post carefully and looked at your diagrams.  If photons are dipoles they would experience a torque in an applied field.  This means your theory predicts that electric fields interact with each other through this torque.  And as I said, it's a simple test to see if an external field deviates a light wave.  Just check if the fringes in a 2-pinhole setup move, or if a laser beam is influenced by an external electric field.

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #15 on: 25/11/2007 01:01:18 »
I did read the post carefully and looked at your diagrams.  If photons are dipoles they would experience a torque in an applied field.  This means your theory predicts that electric fields interact with each other through this torque.  And as I said, it's a simple test to see if an external field deviates a light wave.  Just check if the fringes in a 2-pinhole setup move, or if a laser beam is influenced by an external electric field.
Thank you Mr jpetrucelli, Have you heard of the EPR experiment. Do you recall the circumstances under which it is condicted. Photon A is allowed to pass through without interference Photon B passed through an electric field in order to change its spin orientation. Does something like that come to mind? Could you tell me what is happening, yes light is affected by an electric field. There is your torque!

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #16 on: 25/11/2007 02:57:21 »
1) The EPR experiment involves measuring the photon's spin by having it interact with matter.  You clearly misunderstand the experiment. 

2) You asked for properties of the photon not explained by your theory, and I've given you one.  Current theory and over a century of experiments show that the photon doesn't act like a dipole.  You disagree with that, which is fine, but until you can prove your theory is better than anything out there (through experimental evidence) there's no point debating it.

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #17 on: 25/11/2007 05:58:30 »
1) The EPR experiment involves measuring the photon's spin by having it interact with matter.  You clearly misunderstand the experiment. 
Unless it is first given a predetermined spin it would be pointless to carry out the EPR experiment, which incidentally has been done.  This in itself should be proof that the photon does have a dipole structure. The photons are given a spin by using a stern-gehrlach device. See this reference
« Last Edit: 25/11/2007 06:05:22 by McQueen »

lyner

A New Classical Physics
« Reply #18 on: 25/11/2007 16:50:08 »
Point of information:
The inverse square law states that if a
POINT
source of light has a given intensity at a certain distance from the source then that intensity will vary inversely with the square of the distance from the light source.

A laser is not a point source. Its beamwidth is limited by diffraction, which, in turn, is governed by its aperture. Coherence is not relevant. Every radio transmitting array produces coherent radiation  and it obeys all the laws you'd expect it to. It is not a point source but, get far enough away and it starts to behave like one.
Lasers are not magic, either; the light behaves just as you'd expect it to.

lyner

A New Classical Physics
« Reply #19 on: 25/11/2007 16:56:41 »
Space is always regarded as a linear medium and, as a result, the principle of superposition applies. The resultant of two fields is just the SUM of the two fields. They' ignore' each other unless you put them in a non-linear medium. There is heaps of good evidence of this - particularly,  evidence gained using your magical lasers.

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
A New Classical Physics
« Reply #20 on: 26/11/2007 23:03:23 »
Sorry for confusing the issue! The fault does not lie in the theory but in myself. Anyway, here is something interesting. Put a wire perpendicularly through a paper, sprinkle iron filings on the paper and run a current through the wire. The iron filings will arrange themselves into a pattern. Put another wire through the same paper and run a current through that wire and the pattern of the iron filings will change, showing that there is an interaction between the fields generated by the two wires. Reverse the polarity of the current in the wire and the same field that was around the wire (and reacting with other fields), gets released and moves away from the wire at the speed of light. The point is that this new field, the one that is moving away will no longer react with other electromagnetic fields.  What happened, what change has the field undergone that prevents it from interacting with other fields?

lyner

A New Classical Physics
« Reply #21 on: 26/11/2007 23:51:47 »
The iron filings are MATTER. Each field has interacted with MATTER.
The resulting magnetic field from the two wires is a simple superposition of the two individual fields.
Interaction must mean more than vector addition. If the resultant field changes then there will be an em wave generated.
If you are going to invent an experiment then, at least, design it to show what you wanted.
« Last Edit: 26/11/2007 23:53:33 by sophiecentaur »

The Naked Scientists Forum

A New Classical Physics
« Reply #21 on: 26/11/2007 23:51:47 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums