The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 9)  (Read 428234 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 9)
« Reply #475 on: 03/12/2007 00:18:12 »
Breath into a paper sac for a few minutes and see if it helps! Turn off the lights too, sometimes that helps!

What you watching Carolyn? YAYYYYYYYYYYYY christmas orniments! I have my tree up..looking for my star!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 03/12/2007 00:46:52 »
Gotta go..Later

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 03/12/2007 17:29:18 »
     The comlink beeped and the Admiral(by the way, do you all like the female admiral? I wanted to surprise you a bit.) quickly answered.
     "Prisoner's secure, he woke up and started babbling. We have the recording-" Sarge's voice came over the line.
     "Play it." The Admiral interrupted.
     There was a click, then We have discovered your weakness, pig. And we have come to exploit it! You will be crushed beneath The Protectors feet! Burned into the blackened dust until none are left to breath. Our Leader will have his vengeance and VICTORY!
     "Like's to run his mouth don't he?" Private Ben dared ask. But a double glare from the Admiral and the Commander advised him against ever daring so again.
     "That's all he said Ma'am. Then he clammed up pretty tight."
     "Use the drugs if you have to. That's too cryptic for me." The Admiral turned back to the Commander. "Well Commander Venshaw. I suppose I should congratulate-"
     "Ma'am!" said a voice behind Ben and he jumped, he hadn't even heard the elevator come down. But the urgency in the voice got his attention. He spun around the same time Commander Venshaw did.
     "Yes?" The Commander said impatiently.
     "Our scout satellites picked up a hyperspace rupture, then they went out." The helmeted soldier replied, Ben couldn't tell the gender, the helmet distorted the voice too much. As if one cue, Red light flashed in the Command room and a female robotic voice alerted everyone who could hear of Slipspace ruptures around the planet.
     "Dalia! Planet map, now!" the Admiral yelled. Ben wondered who Dalia was when a holographic view of the planet appeared suddenly. Numerous bulks were around the planet and more soon appeared. The last one was particularly large.
     "A rebel fleet! They'll blow us to smithereens." The Commander said.
     "Negative. The fleet is not in position and is not making any moves to bombard Station 1." The computer, Dalia, Ben realized, answered. "Multiple smaller ships detected. Possible intent: Groundbased attack."
     "Dalia's right, their aiming to take over the base, not destroy it. But why?" The Admiral paused for a second. Then she spun around. "Private! You will regroup with your Sargent and your squad. Commander, you stay here and help me coordinate."
     "Yes Ma'am!" They both said at once. Ben spun around, the helmeted soldier was gone, and it was a five second wait for the elevator before he was riding back up to the main base.

EXCELLENT !!.......ewe have a talent !!

Thanks neil.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 03/12/2007 17:45:03 »
OOOOH Did I miss one??? I think I missed this one.. Very nice new character! Good Job Ben!

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 03/12/2007 17:54:38 »
     What used to be a five minute ride topside was suddenly two. Ben guessed an emergency procedure. Partly because the real action was starting, partly because the elevator was suddenly cramped with other soldiers. When it reached the surface the seemingly smooth walls had flipped around so gunracks were now present. Ben recovered his weapon from the rack and grabbed a helmet too. The HUD immediately came on-line, and an arrow pointed him towards his appointed waypoint. He obediently followed it to his squad's rendezvous. All of them were suited up, so he could only recognize them by the names on their suits, except for Jack who was bulkier than the others. A square opened up on the corner of his vid, and Commander Venshaw appeared. "Okay, your first objective is to clear the armory. The rebels got a transport by our anti-air, and now they are depriving us of our needed rifles. Get there. I'll update your next one when it's clear." All of them moved at once to the way point. They came to a large chamber with three hallways.
     "Ben, Rob, Travis, you take number one. Me and Jack will take the other one. Another squad will arrive for the last one. Move." They all obliged. Using the leapfrog tactic, Ben and Rob moved into the barracks. The first room was clear. The door at the other end was half open, and a body slumped beside it. Ben swiped his hand over the soldiers helmet, collecting the dogtags into his palm scanner. Then nodded to Rob, they both took postions by the door. Ben kicked open the door to face four rebels in defensive positions, he quickly spun back as bullets flew through the air where he used to be. Picking up a grenade from the dead soldier, he primed it and chucked it into the room there was an explosion then he heard screams. He and Rob switched to heat visor and picked off the last two rebels through the dust. They waited a bit for more soldiers to come through the next door at the end of the room, but they only heard shouting from the other side of the door. They moved cautiously through the room. The sides of the room had four gunracks each, all still full. The other sides had grenades and pistols. Ben grabbed a pistol and two grenades, Rob followed suit. They took up positions on the next door. This time, Rob kicked open the door, Ben spun around and shot through into the other room, spraying blindly and not looking for targets. He took cover again as the rebels returned fire.
     "Any ideas?" Rob yelled.
     "Just one." Ben yelled back and sprayed into the room again. His visor outlined the targets and judged their health by their bio readouts. Ben gunned down another one then chucked in a grenade. He heard a scream as the grenade exploded but the rebel didn't stop screaming. Ben winced, the rebel wasn't dead, but he most likely took shrapnel to his stomach. Rob tossed in another grenade to clear the other three rebels. Rob followed Ben into the room, the wounded rebel lay groaning on the ground. His bio readouts gave him less and less a chance of living. Ben suddenly remembered a flash of Travis shooting a rebel in the head. Ben sighed, then used his pistol to kill the rebel before the painful metal could.
     "Two rooms left." Rob reminded Ben solemnly, wanting to take his mind off of the mercy kill. Ben nodded.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 03/12/2007 18:17:30 »
Wow Ben.. Your story is very detailed and they move a long very well.

What made you want to write a war or battle type story??? Is this a topic you follow.. ? Do you like War history..battles? My Grandfather was taken by historical battles the whole strategies behind different leaders approaches to battles etc. He was a history buff!

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 04/12/2007 14:11:05 »
I mostly like swords and fanatsy stories. But stories with guns and stratagies, especially sci-fi, are also interesting.

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 04/12/2007 17:53:46 »
     They moved through the third room with no trouble, it was full of lockers which were, in turn, full of armor. Some were already empty. But only a few. There was a lot of activity in the next room. Ben could hear machinery and people yelling directions. They took up positions. Ben held up three fingers, then two, then one. Ben spun, but before he could open fire, the door exploded in.
     Ben went flying backward and saw stars in took a few precious seconds to find out what hit him. He heart sank.
     Towering in front of him, was a Goliath.
     The rebels used this mech/battle armor as a anti-light vehicle. It had huge legs and arms and two shoulder mounted turrets. Against infantry it was impervious. Ben couldn't see Rob and had no time to look for him, he dived to the side as the Goliath launched a small rocket at him. Ben unloaded on the front but his bullets pinged off. He saw a flash of Rob picking himself up behind the Goliath. He caught Ben's eye for an instant then disappeared. Of course, Ben thought. The Goliath was impervious to most infantry attacks. But only from the front. The back of the machine and the pilot were completly undefended. Ben stood up.
     "Come on, you call that a hit? My grandma could pilot that thing better than you." He taunted the leaped back as the pilot threw an angry swing at him. "I would have faster punches if I was frozen solid." Ben said again, dodging another punch. The pilot was really angry now, and leveled his machine gun turret at Ben. Ben just smiled as multiple gun discharges were heard, but none came from the turret, the Goliath fell forward and in sparks and a tremendous crash. Ben circled around it.
     There wasn't much of the pilot left, clearly Rob had used shredder rounds. Many of the inside controls were damaged. Blue sparks emitted here and there and all of the readouts that survived were red. Ben nodded to Rob and they charged into the next room.
     But no one was there. Clearly, the rebel techs bugged out after the Goliath fell. The door at the back of the room was half open and their tools were scattered everywhere. Ben nodded to Rob and pressed the mic button on his helmet.
     "Sir, this is Private Ben. Armory one secure."
     "What took ya so long, Private?" Sargent's voice answered. "We've been waiting for at least two minutes."
     "The rebels dished out a Goliath then bugged out when we destroyed it."
     "Destroyed, or put offline? The techs are always looking to study those things." Suddenly, there was an explosion from the other room.
     "Destroyed, sir."
     "Well, you did okay regardless," the Commander's voice said, "Get back to the lobby, I'll upload your next objective there."
« Last Edit: 04/12/2007 17:55:48 by Nobody's Confidant »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 04/12/2007 18:36:00 »
     They moved through the third room with no trouble, it was full of lockers which were, in turn, full of armor. Some were already empty. But only a few. There was a lot of activity in the next room. Ben could hear machinery and people yelling directions. They took up positions. Ben held up three fingers, then two, then one. Ben spun, but before he could open fire, the door exploded in.
     Ben went flying backward and saw stars it took a few precious seconds to find out what hit him. His heart sank.
     Towering in front of him, was a Goliath.
     The rebels used this mech/battle armor as a anti-light vehicle. It had huge legs and arms and two shoulder mounted turrets. Against infantry it was impervious. Ben couldn't see Rob and had no time to look for him, he dived to the side as the Goliath launched a small rocket at him. Ben unloaded on the front but his bullets pinged off. He saw a flash of Rob picking himself up behind the Goliath. He caught Ben's eye for an instant then disappeared. Of course, Ben thought. The Goliath was impervious to most infantry attacks. But only from the front. The back of the machine and the pilot were completely undefended. Ben stood up.
     "Come on, you call that a hit? My grandma could pilot that thing better than you." He taunted the leaped back as the pilot threw an angry swing at him. "I would have faster punches if I was frozen solid." Ben said again, dodging another punch. The pilot was really angry now, and leveled his machine gun turret at Ben. Ben just smiled as multiple gun discharges were heard, but none came from the turret, the Goliath fell forward and in sparks and a tremendous crash. Ben circled around it.
     There wasn't much of the pilot left, clearly Rob had used shredder rounds. Many of the inside controls were damaged. Blue sparks emitted here and there and all of the readouts that survived were red. Ben nodded to Rob and they charged into the next room.
     But no one was there. Clearly, the rebel techs bugged out after the Goliath fell. The door at the back of the room was half open and their tools were scattered everywhere. Ben nodded to Rob and pressed the mic button on his helmet.
     "Sir, this is Private Ben. Armory one secure."
     "What took ya so long, Private?" Sargent's voice answered. "We've been waiting for at least two minutes."
     "The rebels dished out a Goliath then bugged out when we destroyed it."
     "Destroyed, or put offline? The techs are always looking to study those things." Suddenly, there was an explosion from the other room.
     "Destroyed, sir."
     "Well, you did okay regardless," the Commander's voice said, "Get back to the lobby, I'll upload your next objective there."

Just a couple spelling errors..

Ben This is very well done.. Your story has good action and moves along at a nice pace. It does not drag and that is really good in holding ones attention! Nicely done!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 04/12/2007 20:13:37 »
Hi Daniel!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #485 on: 05/12/2007 12:35:11 »
Hello Karen. 2 hour snow delay so far!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #486 on: 05/12/2007 13:29:38 »
Yeha cancelled. haha. nics in school cuz its shinyy outside. lol it is here too but yeah! lol

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 05/12/2007 13:41:56 »
Hello Karen. 2 hour snow delay so far!

You mean before school!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 05/12/2007 13:45:21 »
Well I hope you enjoy your time away from school

Yeha cancelled. haha. nics in school cuz its shinyy outside. lol it is here too but yeah! lol

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #489 on: 05/12/2007 13:52:53 »
I will

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 06/12/2007 01:21:05 »
* yawn * hi guys

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 06/12/2007 01:48:07 »
my mom, brother, and sister were off school today. not fair. i almost died on the way to work. twice

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #492 on: 06/12/2007 01:50:02 »
Hello. I was also off today as you might have seen. But that's not good Kadie! Don't die we love you lol

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 06/12/2007 01:52:16 »
then i found out that my grandma had a heart attack last night and is in intensive care.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #494 on: 06/12/2007 01:53:49 »
Aww its ok Kadie. Kayla's mom also had a "heartattack" on um monday? I guess she had purdy darn clogged up something. But they fized it all and she's doing better now.

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 06/12/2007 01:55:06 »
this is my grandma's third heart attack. last time she was technically dead for over a minute

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #496 on: 06/12/2007 01:57:24 »
Oh Kaide need a hug?

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #497 on: 06/12/2007 01:58:13 »
sorry i've got to go

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 06/12/2007 01:58:24 »
no. i'm ok. just needed to vent.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #499 on: 06/12/2007 02:01:06 »
Night Kaide!!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #499 on: 06/12/2007 02:01:06 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums