The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 9)  (Read 427072 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 9)
« Reply #975 on: 18/12/2007 12:51:36 »
OK!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #976 on: 18/12/2007 13:00:24 »
Snowmoblie lol

and ok i'm back now. Don't have nothing to do for an hour and a half

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 18/12/2007 13:05:00 »
Oh..That is nice! I am grateful for your company!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #978 on: 18/12/2007 13:05:14 »
Right back at you Karen.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 18/12/2007 13:06:24 »
Thanks Ryan.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #980 on: 18/12/2007 13:07:01 »
Yup not a problem. Wow i'm tired already lol

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: 18/12/2007 13:09:03 »
Will school just be half day or will you stay later instead?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 18/12/2007 13:10:07 »
We need some new fun threads the old ones are getting stale! LOL! We need new Topics!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #983 on: 18/12/2007 13:10:58 »
Hum..just 2 hours shorter and still counts as a regular day.

andyes lol

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #984 on: 18/12/2007 13:18:57 »
I'm gonna go and see if I'm missing anything. See ya

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 18/12/2007 13:19:42 »
HA HA HA.. Well that is cool. I hope it is a nice day for you! I think I will try to come up with six new threads later this afternoon. I am going to my mother in laws at 10:00 am while she is at the hospital. Sarah and I are going to try to clean her kitchen and living room and bathroom. She is getting to the point she is not moving well Like me.. Odd huh! But I can wash down things and do dishes and Sarah will mop and sweep and I will vacuumn and clean her couch!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 18/12/2007 13:19:55 »
Ok,, see you!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #987 on: 18/12/2007 14:06:51 »
Ah have fun. Well we aren't cancelled and I doubt we will be delayed tomorrow so I'll see you all Friday unless I can get on during school, but I doubt it. See ya.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 18/12/2007 14:17:41 »
OK Have a great week! We will miss you!

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: 18/12/2007 17:40:49 »
All day people say
"Nice story ben."
Outside I say thanks
Inside I curse.

Offline i am bored

• View Profile
« Reply #990 on: 19/12/2007 00:47:03 »
about time my letterman jacket came in!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #991 on: 19/12/2007 01:22:28 »
about time my letterman jacket came in!

ah i have to get one of them yet lol

and yes i know i ain't supposed to be on, but I have all the science homework done that ain't due for a long time. and i cleaned the whole house and yea lol and I just wanted to see what anthony had to say

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 19/12/2007 03:30:48 »
     "Alright team, the rebels are out of the base. Now we need to get outside and into the trenches. The rebels are making a push." the Commander said.
     "We? Your coming, sir?" Rob asked.
     "Affirmative. I'll meet up with you at the way point. Out." the line clicked off.
     "Alright, you heard the man. Let's move!" the Sarge called out, and they obediently followed the command." They got to the way point to see the Commander already suited up. "How the hell did you beat us here?" Sarge asked incredulously.
     "Follow me." The Commander said simply. They went through several doors that only the Commander could open till they got to a dead end. A long, long hallway stretched far off to the right. A long, slim window that white light shone in through was the same length as the hallway, just about eye level so you could fire out of it.
     And that's just what all the other soldiers were planning on doing. The Commander got them to their assigned fire zone with some difficulty. The hallway was crowded with people carrying ammo and noisy from even more people yelling orders. Ben took up his position and scanned for any life signs. He couldn't see any, but he kept his guard up. They waited for a long time, when suddenly something exploded out of the snow. A few newbies to combat, including Ben and Rob, flinched away from the windows. But the more experienced ones held their ground. More explosions came out of the snow but the commanders ordered their crews to hold fire.
     "Some kinds of tunneling stealth vehicle." Rob whispered to Ben.
     "Probably a transport." Ben whispered back. The vehicles were beetle like and had two drills and two claws in front for digging. The backs of them fell out and rebels ran out, with some difficulty in the snow, toward the bunker. Fire broke out and several whooshes of rocket launchers were heard and some of the the transports were enveloped in flame. But rebels kept pouring out of all the rest and automated turrets sprouted from the transports head. Ben unclipped an EMP grenade and hurled it. It landed next to a vehicle and detonated, shutting down the turret in sparks. Ben smiled in victory and resumed fire with his rifle.
     Something was wrong with the rebels though. A few had pistols, but most carried no weapons at all. Why are they so underarmed? Ben wondered. He snapped back to brutal reality, though. When a rebel got to close. Ben saw a red package on his chest and understood. These men and women weren't soldiers, they were kamikaze's. Ben unloaded but not before the rebel pressed a button. Ben flew backward and hit the opposite wall, he was dazed and nearly blacked out. He saw helmets. The soldiers were yelling at him but all he could hear was a loud ringing he shook his head and tried to tell them he couldn't hear them but he couldn't hear himself talk. The soldiers kept trying to talk to them.
     "--hear me? Can you hear me?" He suddenly heard one of them say, the medic probably. He was saying it slowly and loudly. Suddenly, all the noise came back. The gunfire, screams, the barking officers. Ben gulped and nodded.
     "Okay. Get back to your zone." Ben nodded again and obliged.

Whooo Ben almost bit it! were they wearing plastic..explosives??

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: 19/12/2007 05:37:24 »
Night Neily...

Night Carolyn!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: 19/12/2007 05:43:32 »
Night Karen.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: 19/12/2007 16:48:58 »
Where's Kadie?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 19/12/2007 17:10:49 »
I haven't seen her for a couple nights.. I am hoping she is just busy with the holidays... I hope she is well.. I miss her!

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 19/12/2007 17:28:04 »
We had to write an essay about an experience in our life that was an adventure. The teacher read the first sentence and about failed me for not staying on topic. Then she read it all the way through and said it was great. She read it to the whole class.

The fearsome, muscled monster with tentacles sprouting from its face and huge black wings similarly protruding from itís back glared down at its hapless victim. It was preparing one of its huge magic boulders that electrocute, incinerate and generally smash all in its path. Its smell was the worst part though. I guess Malachiís (a kind of super demon I hunt for a living.) never heard of showers. But it was no hapless victim the Malachi was seeking to pummel. It was the fearless warrior known as Ben Kleman. Swiftly drawing a halberd from his back Ben leaped inhumanly high into the air and slashed at the creatureís chest, then he planted his feet momentarily on the creatureís chest, and pushed off. It set the Malachi off balance enough for the soldier to rush in with a magical attack already powered up in his arm smashing the Malachiís kneecap and face. I twirled my fearsome halberd around to put on a show as the appropriate experience points were added to my character. I smiled a bit as I gained a level, and then set about making my character even stronger. Thatís me, just a regular, buff, role model hero that kills demons for a living.
   To quote Louis Sacharís book Holes, ďIf only, if only the woodpecker cries.Ē Except Iím not a woodpecker. The only place where I can fantasize about being such fearsome hero is video games. My great escape. In real life, Iím a regular, short, scrawny (but cute) teenager who has friends and the most fearsome weapon held in my dry hands is a baling hook as a summer job. But I can still have adventures, maybe not slaying fearsome demons or rescuing the ever-present damsel in distress. But moreÖregular adventures. Like the time we pranked our aunts and uncles for their 50th birthday.
   Our first victim was Aunt Diane, who lives by the former old school that is now a senior home. Now she has Girly, but fortunately at the time, she didnít. I dressed up all in black and dug out a ski mask. My brothers told me I was taking this to far, but hey, if this is going to make a memorable adventure, I want to remember looking like a Navy SEAL commando when I do it. We had a bag of 50 flamingos (to match her new age.) that we were going to plant in her yard. We set about setting them up, avoiding the picture widow and continually posing for the pictures Mom was taking. Next day at school, the bus went by her house and everyone laughed and laughed. Later she threatened to call Santa if I didnít confess who did it. What was I supposed to do? I confessed immediately to keep on Santaís good side and got just what I wanted from Aunt Diane that year. Funny that, oh well.
   Our next victim was Uncle Dave. Since he coached sports, the plan was to plant sportís balls in his yard. It was brilliant. I donned the same outfit, once again enduring my brotherís comments (theyíll regret those one day, I remember each and every one and when they need my helpÖthen itíll be my turn. Insert an evil laugh here.) and we moved out. Uncle Gary came along to help showing true brotherly love by giving advice on how to place the balls so it would be as hard as possible to have him pick them out of his yard. Good times. He didnít threaten us with Santa, he just knew right away. He always was perceptive.
   Thatís all the pranks for birthdaysÖso far. But you canít stop getting to 50, and there will be more. And the minute they turn fifty, me, my brothers, Dad, Mom, everyone else whose turned 50, and my black outfit will be waiting.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: 19/12/2007 18:15:48 »
I'll see you in three years! LOL..

Very nice stories Ben Very funny!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 19/12/2007 18:36:26 »
Ben that's an excellent essay & you're an excellent writer.  You know, we all want autographed copies of your first book!
« Last Edit: 19/12/2007 19:14:03 by Carolyn »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #999 on: 19/12/2007 18:36:26 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length