The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What happens to talc when you inhale it ?  (Read 5573 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
What happens to talc when you inhale it ?
« on: 20/07/2004 20:36:26 »
Hi,

I love talc, espesh after a bath or shower, my kids love it too, there's nothing more exciting than shaking talc over my bits and making them nice and dry.....but what happens to the talc that you breathe in to your lungs ?...does it get absorbed ?...I suppose the same could be said for smoke and flour and other particle related inhaleable stuff....presumably talc sticks to the lining of the lungs, so what happens to it ?

Your 'smoothe as my talcy bottomed' answers would be greatly appreciated.

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
Re: What happens to talc when you inhale it ?
« Reply #1 on: 24/07/2004 15:34:23 »
You're not going to like the answer.  Even when my girls were young, there was information disseminated to stop the use of talcum powder on babies.  Apparently talc is a mineral, and when it is processed, although most of the minerals are removed, there's a fiber-like mineral left that's similar to asbestos, and it can cause lung cancer, and in females, cancer of the ovaries.  So mom's, don't dust your girls with talc after the diaper change, and Penile, maybe use that towel a little longer and lay off the talc.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27/07/2004 18:36:45 »
Uh Ooh !!..thanks Nancy...how come we don't hear that advice nowadays ?....still, I'll be using the towel a lot longer and just givethe bits a fine dusting instead of a snow storm !!

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31/07/2004 16:55:37 »
Don't know why you don't hear it.  I did when the kids were young.  Maybe it has to do with that socialized medicine system you guys have!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 31/07/2004 16:55:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums