The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Early stage bulimia symptoms?  (Read 1940 times)

Offline stana

• Dare to be yourself!
    • View Profile
Early stage bulimia symptoms?
« on: 06/12/2007 16:22:19 »
Hey guys, Ive recently realised that on a morning (only on morning time) after i have my breakfast, i feel sickly, It has been happening for the past few weeks now, and has never happened before..Should i be worried about it or is there some other explination?

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #1 on: 06/12/2007 17:11:32 »
Buliia involves forcing yourself to vomit.

When I was in highschool, around this time (exams!!) I would always get the butterflies, and would hate to eat breakfast because of the slight nausea. It is probably just some stress and anxiety.

Offline stana

• Dare to be yourself!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/12/2007 17:16:11 »
thanks! yea im worried about stuff, its all good  [8D]

thanks!

another_someone

« Reply #3 on: 06/12/2007 17:43:09 »
As Meg suggests, bulimia is a psychological condition, not a physical one.  What you are describing is a physical (even if psychosomatic) condition.

Stress could be an issue, or just a stomach bug.  If you are ok later in the day, then it is unlikely to be anything serious (it is unlikely to be morning sickness, as it seems highly improbable that you are pregnant).  If it is happening throughout the day, and continues for a while, it may be worth checking with a doctor (if only because it may adversely impact on how well you are able to digest your food).

One possibility may be just that your stomach is too empty in the mornings, and maybe you should eat a bit slower (maybe a mini breakfast, wait half an hour or so, while your stomach realises it is meant to be digesting food, and then eat something more substantial).

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 06/12/2007 17:43:09 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length