The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Mononucleosis  (Read 3391 times)

Offline DanielC

• First timers
    • View Profile
Mononucleosis
« on: 24/07/2004 05:57:37 »
Hi, new to this forum.  I had mono 3 years ago with terrible leg and arm cramps.  I'm still dealing with the leg cramps today, along with 3-4 days per week of feeling flu-like sick, fatigued, and hot flashes.  Anyone had or known about a case of mono like this?  I'm in my mid 40's.

Thanks,
Daniel C.

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
Re: Mononucleosis
« Reply #1 on: 24/07/2004 15:27:49 »
Mono can produce symptoms like sore, throat, fever, headache, muscle aches, but generally, you get mono once and your immune system suppresses it after that.  It's unlikely that you're having a second bout of mono, but if you are, you need to get to the doc and find out why.

Offline DanielC

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24/07/2004 22:24:44 »
Thanks bezoar.  I've gone to the doc every year about this time, been retested and it's always come back negative.  But the symptoms continue...I wonder if having had mono can lead to other problems.

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31/07/2004 16:59:18 »
Chronic fatiuge syndrome?  Hard to tell without a very thorough history.  Might try another doc, perhaps rheumatologist, give the current symptoms, and don't relate it to the mono for him/her.  Let the doc figure out his own conclusions as to the origin of the symptoms.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 31/07/2004 16:59:18 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums