The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Scabs...why the urge to pick 'em ?  (Read 53110 times)

Offline Sptz

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Scabs...why the urge to pick 'em ?
« Reply #25 on: 14/02/2016 18:26:41 »
I have also wondered why many humans have the compulsion to pick scabs, especially that we do not if they hurt. So there is some type of balance between the two urges.

My conclusion is to prevent scar tissue build up. What do you all think about that? Obviously you should not be picking them like crazy, but a conservative amount of rubbing, and slight picking can prevent compact scar tissue.

Offline browneyes130

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23/02/2016 12:20:38 »
 I am new here I have had a brain tumors removed and spinal meningitis brain bleed my grammar please don't get mad if it is bad. any way I started itching 7 months ago kept getting worse went to dermatologist went to doctors care to long to get app at regular doctor. then went to hospital was asked is any one else in house itching said yes my dog. I have scabies had it untreated for 7 months the dog 9 months they loved him laying next to me he sits in my chair with me my bed he was sleeping with me. I have had a hard time not letting him in bed room he cries he is being treated but the medicine takes a while to work the itching has been bad. I want to take off the scabs then throw away have no desire to eat them but to remover the middle don't know why. my sons stop me my husband its awful everyone has got it now they have all healed quickly. I am a diabetic so has been slow for me plus had a infection that has started healing need to go back to doctor and still getting new bites even though am keeping him away I love my dog just can not pet him he already does not understand why bedroom is off limits my dad says get rid of him but I cant do that please help me get rid of them is their anything else we can do vacuum a lot and take out side and empty.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #26 on: 23/02/2016 12:20:38 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums