The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Differential Aptitude Test  (Read 4270 times)

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Differential Aptitude Test
« on: 22/12/2007 03:34:20 »
Not sure where this should go so I will post here:

A few weeks ago I wrote a differential aptitude test, I'm not going to lie, some of it was pretty tough. The test focused on things like mathematical ability, spacial reasoning and mechanical reasoning. Essentially it was a test to find out what I would be best suited for career wise. Which for me is about the most difficult obstacle I have come across as of yet. For those who don't know me the last 3 years of my life have consisted of schooling in Forensics, Nursing and Photography  *I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys'R'Us kid*

Earlier on we were discussing IQ tests. I was wondering what the difference was? Also I was curious at how the test determines what I would be good at/might like to do for the rest of my life. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 22/12/2007 04:02:33 »
The aptitude looks more at certain skills you have that you excel at and then selects several or even one field where you would excel given the results of your aptitude test. They are sometimes really helpful helping people to at least see a selection of different fields they might pursue which would be using the skills they excel in and pointing you in the direction of fields where you could utilize those skills you have and make you a better match for the one of the chosen careers that are shown, but in the end it depends on weather you like it or not really!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #1 on: 22/12/2007 04:02:33 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums