The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: IDEAS for Sci-fi films or just any film really.....  (Read 16452 times)

sooyeah

IDEAS for Sci-fi films or just any film really.....
« Reply #25 on: 02/01/2008 17:18:00 »
What about...

~~~~~ET LOVES FONDON~~~~~

A look at human space exploration. ET swaps planet for a set of kitchen equipment. ET then tries to take back the planet, using only a blender.

Tag line: "In space, no one can whip cream".

sooyeah

« Reply #26 on: 03/01/2008 02:14:44 »
Here's one, not a comedy,

~~~~~They mostly come at night~~~~~~~~

A new take on the 1984 book, not about carpet this time.

How about corporates in league with the darker sides of humanity. Put surveillance equipment into all house hold gadgets(secretly of course). They then have a big brother state without the extra stuff. The illusion of democracy is kept.

Anyone that starts to act outside the 'exceptable' way of living, or thinks too freely, are then dealt with.
But not in some room 101 way.
They are, mentally smashed up using, slept deprivation and telepathic mind manipulation(the people involved just think its a bout of insomnia), they are turned into either helplessly ignorant people or set up like robots, to act as the evil rulers dictate or maybe just 'helped' to forget events.

Politicians, stars, journalists etc not forgetting normal people.

In prog... needs some work but pretty much that's where I'm at. Need a hero, any suggestions?

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03/01/2008 04:33:43 »
How about a heroine ???

sooyeah

« Reply #28 on: 03/01/2008 16:02:37 »
How about a heroine ???

You are so right. There should really be one of each but a heroine in the lead definitely a must.

I'm thinking member of the security service after getting the brainwash treatment, but somehow it fails. Someone on the inside, who understands how it works, and takes a stand against it.

There would certainly be two security services, one that thinks it's still a democracy and then the other that knows it isn't, I'm thinking she works on the democracy side, and somehow stumbles into the truth, then gets the brainwash treatment which fails.
Probably the case that all those in the know have had the brainwash treatment anyway. Oh so maybe she was selected to join the inner security service but, then on realising whats actually going on, rebels in the name of freedom and all thats good. 

Tag line: "To fight for freedom, is to fight for God"

It's comming, it's comming, we need a scene, shall we set it in London?
« Last Edit: 03/01/2008 16:39:19 by JOLLY »

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03/01/2008 17:42:01 »
How about something generic? Like memory loss?

The heroine wakes up with no memory of her past, she is in a small room with a one way mirror on one side of the room. The only furniture in the room is a table and a chair on each side. She tries the door but it's locked. She talks to the one-way mirror.
"Is someone there? Who am I?" Silence. Then suddenly, the window breaks but doesn't shatter. A single red drop slowly rolls down the window from the epicenter of the break. The heroin screams as she realizes it's blood. She hears an explosion and instinctivly throws herself to the ground. The room remains intact. She cautiously gets up she applies light pressure to the door, which swings open since the lock was blown out. The fully opens up to reveal a mutilated corpse, completly unrecognizable. She screams, and in response a louder but less human-like scream echos from deep within the vicinty that is now her prison. She grabs a pistol from the body and aims it like a pro. When she realizes what she is doing, she is horrified and drops the pistol. She adds one question to her previous ones.
"What am I?" It is the only thing she says, even though many, many other questions are circling through her mind. She picks up the pistol again, and marches slowly into the bloodstained hallway.

The adventure begins.

How about that?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 03/01/2008 18:37:00 »
That sounds scary and intriguing..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03/01/2008 18:37:47 »
How about a heroine ???

You are so right. There should really be one of each but a heroine in the lead definitely a must.

I'm thinking member of the security service after getting the brainwash treatment, but somehow it fails. Someone on the inside, who understands how it works, and takes a stand against it.

There would certainly be two security services, one that thinks it's still a democracy and then the other that knows it isn't, I'm thinking she works on the democracy side, and somehow stumbles into the truth, then gets the brainwash treatment which fails.
Probably the case that all those in the know have had the brainwash treatment anyway. Oh so maybe she was selected to join the inner security service but, then on realising whats actually going on, rebels in the name of freedom and all thats good.

It's coming, it's coming, we need a scene, shall we set it in London?

London sounds good what about your hero!

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03/01/2008 18:59:00 »
I had a great idea for an advert, sent it into Levi Jeans Co, got a reply but they did nothing with it. I thought it was good anyway.

The idea was that down South news crews begin investigating people wearing wiered clothing made from strange material. It mystifies everyone until a couple of news reporters start filming a close encounter of the bartering kind. Apperently aliens have been landing on Earth for years in order to trade their space age wear for 501,s and have been trully caught with their pants down.

Like I said, I thought it was great but Levi didn't :P

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03/01/2008 19:02:58 »
Can I get tickets to the first release of this film and a signed copy of the book would be nice.

Andrew

The heroine wakes up with no memory of her past, she is in a small room with a one way mirror on one side of the room. The only furniture in the room is a table and a chair on each side. She tries the door but it's locked. She talks to the one-way mirror.
"Is someone there? Who am I?" Silence. Then suddenly, the window breaks but doesn't shatter. A single red drop slowly rolls down the window from the epicenter of the break. The heroin screams as she realizes it's blood. She hears an explosion and instinctivly throws herself to the ground. The room remains intact. She cautiously gets up she applies light pressure to the door, which swings open since the lock was blown out. The fully opens up to reveal a mutilated corpse, completly unrecognizable. She screams, and in response a louder but less human-like scream echos from deep within the vicinty that is now her prison. She grabs a pistol from the body and aims it like a pro. When she realizes what she is doing, she is horrified and drops the pistol. She adds one question to her previous ones.
"What am I?" It is the only thing she says, even though many, many other questions are circling through her mind. She picks up the pistol again, and marches slowly into the bloodstained hallway.

The adventure begins.

How about that?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03/01/2008 19:22:44 »
It does peak your interest doesn't it?

sooyeah

« Reply #35 on: 03/01/2008 22:55:26 »
I had a great idea for an advert, sent it into Levi Jeans Co, got a reply but they did nothing with it. I thought it was good anyway.

The idea was that down South news crews begin investigating people wearing wiered clothing made from strange material. It mystifies everyone until a couple of news reporters start filming a close encounter of the bartering kind. Apperently aliens have been landing on Earth for years in order to trade their space age wear for 501,s and have been trully caught with their pants down.

Like I said, I thought it was great but Levi didn't :P

Funky ad, maybe Levi's got tired of the alien idea, after the smash advert etc. One of those 3am not another alien ad decision.

sooyeah

« Reply #36 on: 03/01/2008 23:00:16 »

The adventure begins.

How about that?

Sounds more like saw 5, than what I am geting at. Still could use something similer, but in a lab a BBHQ.

sooyeah

« Reply #37 on: 03/01/2008 23:04:16 »
How about a heroine ???

It's coming, it's coming, we need a scene, shall we set it in London?

London sounds good what about your hero!

No discussion on that really, all great sci-fi starts in London. The hero, still thinking about it.

Think we need a name change, I'm going with '2020' or maybe 'London 2020'.

So I suppose that we'll need an enemy of the state, a Goldstein 2, probably going to go with a terrorist group which is actually made up of people brainwashed by the state itself, So your either with them or your with them.

Ouu the hero could be a 'terrorist' who also realises what's actually going on, the start of a love story.

Maybe could have a hidden class of people that hides under the city, living in the old train stations, that's bit like 'Demolition man' though.

We need twists people, things turned on there heads and stuff. Suggestions very welcome.
« Last Edit: 03/01/2008 23:24:22 by JOLLY »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03/01/2008 23:30:39 »
What about using the old Bomb shelter tunnels deep under London... I would like to see them someday!

Less Blood and Gore though... Love story woven in works for me!

sooyeah

« Reply #39 on: 03/01/2008 23:38:01 »
What about using the old Bomb shelter tunnels deep under London... I would like to see them someday!

Less Blood and Gore though... Love story woven in works for me!

Yeah, the basics are there, we just need to write the dam thing now. Still I ain't doing it, I just have ideas and put them up for everyone else. So if anyone wants to run with it, please feel welcome.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03/01/2008 23:46:46 »
They are good ideas.. all of them..

sooyeah

« Reply #41 on: 03/01/2008 23:58:40 »
They are good ideas.. all of them..

As an ending I think I would end in a rather un-british way and actually have a happy ending.
I'll go with the American sci-fi writers on that one, I do in the end have an unfettered belief and hope in humanities ability to kick evils butt afterall. I don't think we would be here if that wasn't the case, really.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04/01/2008 00:00:16 »
YAYYYYYYYYYYY! I like happy endings.. Me needs em a lot lately!

sooyeah

« Reply #43 on: 04/01/2008 00:11:03 »
YAYYYYYYYYYYY! I like happy endings.. Me needs em a lot lately!

I think we should all go watch 'I am legend' it's a great film, I highly recommend it. Oh and after that we can all watch 'The Iron Giant' which is a great classic. 

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04/01/2008 00:17:57 »
Who is in "The iron Giant?"

sooyeah

« Reply #45 on: 04/01/2008 00:25:46 »
Who is in "The iron Giant?"

It's a cartoon. What's her name out of friends, and some other actor people, who I can't remember either.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04/01/2008 00:31:50 »
I never watched friends much, some.. but I want to say Jenifer Aniston is that who you mean?

sooyeah

« Reply #47 on: 04/01/2008 00:49:51 »
I never watched friends much, some.. but I want to say Jenifer Aniston is that who you mean?

That would be her, thankyou karen

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04/01/2008 00:53:02 »
Your Very welcome!

sooyeah

« Reply #49 on: 04/01/2008 15:30:17 »
How about:
             ~~~~~~~The Paparazzi must pay~~~~~~~

Film star gos crazy and starts hunting Paparazzi, with a gun that fires baked bean cans. Or atleast the star intends to, but can't get to the superhero costume shop, without the Paparazzi seeing.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 04/01/2008 15:30:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums