The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone help me? (Urticaria)  (Read 2626 times)

Offline david234

• First timers
    • View Profile
Can anyone help me? (Urticaria)
« on: 27/12/2007 16:55:18 »
I have been suffering from Urticaria for the past 6 to 7 months and one of my friends told me this disease name after hearing the symptoms. I am suffering from the itchy rashes almost on all parts of the body, severely on hands and legs. In the initial stages these rashes are not itchy but after a few days the itching becomes severe. Sometimes swelling of the lips also occurs. Most of the time these rashes starts in the evening and they starts disappearing after some hours. I am a pure vegetarian and I donít have habits like smoking and drinking. Whenever these rashes started I used to take Avil or Cetrizine (anti allergy pills). I am really bothered about my situation. Once I have taken English medicine, but that was of no use. After few days, I went to a Homeopathic clinic after I started using the medicine I never faced the problem for the next two months. But after a few days they started again and with full intensity. I am continuing the same medicines but they are not showing any effect. Let me know whether this disease is curable or not. I will be grateful for your suggestion. Thanks!

« Last Edit: 27/12/2007 17:30:51 by neilep »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27/12/2007 17:32:49 »
David...I have moved your topic to a more relevant part of the site and I have slightly altered the name if it too so that I hope you can benefit from some good responses.

I wish you well and hope for a speedy resolution to your ailment.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27/12/2007 17:34:29 »
I did find these few links here for you: click HERE

« Last Edit: 27/12/2007 17:36:05 by neilep »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/01/2008 11:42:16 »
As a "pure vegetarian" (vegan?) you may be have a vitamin deficiency which is causing the urticaria.

Certain foodstuffs can cause this allergic reaction, you could try keeping a diet diary to see if there is a correlation between certain foods and recurrence of symptoms.

http://www.allergy-clinic.co.uk/urticaria.htm
« Last Edit: 12/01/2008 13:14:48 by RD »

Offline iko

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/01/2008 14:44:24 »
I have been suffering from Urticaria for the past 6 to 7 months and one of my friends told me this disease name after hearing the symptoms. I am suffering from the itchy rashes almost on all parts of the body, severely on hands and legs. In the initial stages these rashes are not itchy but after a few days the itching becomes severe. Sometimes swelling of the lips also occurs. Most of the time these rashes starts in the evening and they starts disappearing after some hours. I am a pure vegetarian and I donít have habits like smoking and drinking. Whenever these rashes started I used to take Avil or Cetrizine (anti allergy pills). I am really bothered about my situation. Once I have taken English medicine, but that was of no use. After few days, I went to a Homeopathic clinic after I started using the medicine I never faced the problem for the next two months. But after a few days they started again and with full intensity. I am continuing the same medicines but they are not showing any effect. Let me know whether this disease is curable or not. I will be grateful for your suggestion. Thanks!

Hi david234,

What's your job?
Where do you live?
Have you any cat or dog?
...allergy is such a wide issue!
I had such a thing ages ago, and it was latex.
Cheers,

ikod
« Last Edit: 12/01/2008 14:45:56 by iko »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 12/01/2008 14:44:24 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums