The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is a squint ?  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Jamie

• First timers
    • View Profile
What is a squint ?
« on: 16/08/2004 12:19:29 »
Greetings! Thanks for listening to me! My question has something to do with my eyes. I don't even remember when it started. All I know is that I became conscious about it during my puberty. I noticed that all my pictures show that I am only looking at the right side. I mean I am always on my side view. Now, that I am already working, I have to explain myself every now and then to the photographer that I have an eye defect which is why I can't look straight at the camera whenever taken an ID. I can't move my left eye extremely to the left. Why is this so? Do you think there's still a chance of correcting it? If so, how?

Please help me.....

Thank you so much!

Jamie Urbano
Tel# 63-9275803019
Philippines

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Re: What is a squint ?
« Reply #1 on: 18/08/2004 11:57:00 »
This sounds like you have a squint. These can be corrected if picked up early in childhood, but by adulthood it's more difficult because the brain has become used to receiving its visual input the way your eyes deliver it. This usually involves suppressing the input from the non-dominant eye.

I'll look into it for you.

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Offline Jamie

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20/08/2004 03:08:14 »
Hi Mr. Chris, thanks for enlightening me.If only there are clinics that I can go to here in my country I could have had it checked way back then. But the thing is I am not rich. And it's a shame that here most often than not, if a patient is poor they don't take care of her.

Anyway, I am still hoping for some possible cure whatsoever. With experts like you, anything is possible.

Thanks and good day!

jam

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 20/08/2004 03:08:14 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums