The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 10)  (Read 396296 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 10)
« Reply #675 on: 08/03/2008 08:46:49 »
It was not fun.. driving them home.. Sarah did a barbecue and invited a lot of family we had not seen in a long time.. It was nice to see them! I love summer time too. Spring is wonderful... I like all the seasons really.. would like to go see them elsewhere .....

Yeah the week was not as good this week as last.. but still better then the whole last year!. Just had a few problems this week... hoping they go away soon! LOL

I am ok. Kinda running on empty too.. It has been good to feel some better... I need to be careful as I flat wore myself out.. trying to get some things done this last week.. raking out briars, picking up sticks etc from the storm... had to do it in 4 or 5 minute blocks because thats all I could do without pooping out.. LOL.. I needed me a whittle shot of kideergy...( kid energy) LOL...

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #676 on: 08/03/2008 12:43:53 »
Ahh I see. I'm like tried ha

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #677 on: 08/03/2008 14:32:26 »

Peace of Mind -- Boston

I'm learning it and its getting there :)

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 08/03/2008 14:38:41 »
One of the reasons that I have not been on The Naked Scientists that much over the past few weeks is because I am researching the whole of my family. Part of Rosalind Franklin's family as well.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have taken this genealogical research on,
but I always know in the back of my mind that it is a good, fulfillng thing to do even if the rest of my family don't fully agree.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 08/03/2008 18:24:03 »

Peace of Mind -- Boston

I'm learning it and its getting there :)
Ahh I see. I'm like tried ha

Yeah you had a very late night last night young man... couldn't sleep eh???

I don't know if I recognize that song title and I should.. Probably recognize the music if I listened to it though!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 08/03/2008 18:36:32 »
One of the reasons that I have not been on The Naked Scientists that much over the past few weeks is because I am researching the whole of my family. Part of Rosalind Franklin's family as well.

but I always know in the back of my mind that it is a good, fulfilling thing to do even if the rest of my family don't fully agree.

I have spent  time doing the geneology in my family and it is very interesting as far as history goes.

You may find it interesting to pop into your local LDS church ( The church of Jesus Christ of Later day Saints) library or Genealogical centers which are usually free and open to the public..! Then go through hundreds and thousands of their already existing records where others have already done much of the work and you may find that much of your research has been done by other people who may have been related to you and your Aunt in round about ways. There data base is huge and it is usually free to use the facility. call for hours and  be prepared to take lots of notes and photo copy money as well as thinking about purchasing birth records etc if you decide you want certified copies of things! It is fun to do and interesting what you find out as you well know already!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #681 on: 08/03/2008 19:19:03 »
Nah I just didn't want to get off and its a good song :)

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #682 on: 08/03/2008 22:30:08 »
Top Topic Starters

thedoc  68
chris  140
Exodus  61
neilep  1285
Titanscape  130
DoctorBeaver  464
daveshorts  275
ukmicky  200
Karen W.  320
Carolyn  59

Now how is that accurate? ha

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 08/03/2008 23:30:33 »
Yep.. well you were wide awake then..LOL

That looks accurate as far as the topics are going!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #684 on: 08/03/2008 23:45:23 »
Um no I have like 180 some ha. they used to be in order and yeah

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #685 on: 08/03/2008 23:45:40 »
Talk to you after i get back from kaylas

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 09/03/2008 03:43:11 »
Yeah I don't know why they are out of order and I did notice that! So is your count off?
« Last Edit: 09/03/2008 04:56:40 by Karen W. »

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #687 on: 09/03/2008 03:51:26 »
Nah, its still the same on my page. And like Seany used to be up on that list too/

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 09/03/2008 04:57:16 »
Thats weird eh.. I shall ask!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 09/03/2008 05:05:46 »
It's definitely off.  I shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10 in the topic starters.

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 09/03/2008 15:31:03 »

but I always know in the back of my mind that it is a good, fulfilling thing to do even if the rest of my family don't fully agree.

I have spent  time doing the geneology in my family and it is very interesting as far as history goes.

You may find it interesting to pop into your local LDS church ( The church of Jesus Christ of Later day Saints) library or Genealogical centers which are usually free and open to the public..! Then go through hundreds and thousands of their already existing records where others have already done much of the work and you may find that much of your research has been done by other people who may have been related to you and your Aunt in round about ways. There data base is huge and it is usually free to use the facility. call for hours and  be prepared to take lots of notes and photo copy money as well as thinking about purchasing birth records etc if you decide you want certified copies of things! It is fun to do and interesting what you find out as you well know already!

Thanks Karen but as I you might know that I live in London, UK and I
don't have a local LDS church also the main character of my family,
including my cousin are Jewish (not me). I have used the web for my main searches including having found the Public Records office site as well as the General Register office too. It has the main BMD records.
Other related forums I might look into with some thought first.
Also I have a book about the family ending in '58, I was only 4 at the time.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 09/03/2008 15:49:10 »
Hi Rosalind.... it doesn't matter that the ret of your fmily is jewish.. the geneology center information center... is just that... it des not discriminate between religions they have information on....tons of families regardless of religous affiliation.

I thought there were plenty of LDS churches in England....I have a coworker whos best friend  is LDS and is England..... I am assuming she attends her church there also.

Anyway it is a good sourse of information should you get stuck... which can happen when doing this kind of research....

Good luck!!

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 09/03/2008 16:16:15 »
Hi Rosalind.... it doesn't matter that the ret of your fmily is jewish.. the geneology center information center... is just that... it des not discriminate between religions they have information on....tons of families regardless of religous affiliation.

I thought there were plenty of LDS churches in England....I have a coworker whos best friend  is LDS and is England..... I am assuming she attends her church there also.

Anyway it is a good sourse of information should you get stuck... which can happen when doing this kind of research....

Good luck!!

Karen, I have just checked with Google for the nearest LDS to me and it's miles away, I can't drive. So I am doing the most of my research online but when I am ready then I might have to go to the appropriate records but I can and will use my local library which is within about 15 minutes walk from my home.
The BBC is full of useful history information and it's free as well as their forum being of some help for me so far.
I will let you know how I go for this research. One day I will put it all online and I do have a genealogical software program in the post, now I bought it recently.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #693 on: 09/03/2008 16:45:10 »
Yeah I was like 6th? or 7th?

This weekend was a purdy up and down weekend, let me tell you that.

This losing an hour thing is really messing me up already because I woke up, looked at the clock and it said it was 11:30 I'm like sweet. Then I come out here to get on the computer before I get the rabbits down and maybe go snowmobling and it says is 12:45. I'm sorta pissed. Ha oh well I mean I haven't snowmobiled yet and this will probably be the last storm on the year. Ha oh well.

So how are all of you doing?

I shall be aloud on during the week now :) even though I've always got on for a little bit. Ha. I needa get more organized yet though. Maybe once these cancellations and two hour delays stop coming it'll make everything better.

I should be on later :)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 09/03/2008 19:07:13 »

Good luck!!

Karen, I have just checked with Google for the nearest LDS to me and it's miles away, I can't drive. So I am doing the most of my research online but when I am ready then I might have to go to the appropriate records but I can and will use my local library which is within about 15 minutes walk from my home.
The BBC is full of useful history information and it's free as well as their forum being of some help for me so far.
I will let you know how I go for this research. One day I will put it all online and I do have a genealogical software program in the post, now I bought it recently.

Nice looking forward to it.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 09/03/2008 19:09:15 »
Yeah I was like 6th? or 7th?

This weekend was a purdy up and down weekend, let me tell you that.

This losing an hour thing is really messing me up already because I woke up, looked at the clock and it said it was 11:30 I'm like sweet. Then I come out here to get on the computer before I get the rabbits down and maybe go snowmobling and it says is 12:45. I'm sorta pissed. Ha oh well I mean I haven't snowmobiled yet and this will probably be the last storm on the year. Ha oh well.

So how are all of you doing?

I shall be aloud on during the week now :) even though I've always got on for a little bit. Ha. I needa get more organized yet though. Maybe once these cancellations and two hour delays stop coming it'll make everything better.

I should be on later :)

Sorry your weekend was up and down.. mine too..I am sorry it was that way for you too.

Snowmobiling sounds fun.. I have never been.

Hope you get to.

That sounds good Ryan.. see you  when you get back..

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #696 on: 09/03/2008 19:54:58 »
Yeah.

Now I'm working on Algebra now, even though the teacher didn't teach us how to do it yet :P:D.

Oh well. I'll just try it. I don't know if I'm going to go snowmobling. Again, oh well. Ha.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 09/03/2008 22:34:13 »
Well Have fun if you do!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #698 on: 09/03/2008 23:08:11 »
Yeah I defiently didn't complete it.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 09/03/2008 23:34:13 »
Sorry you did not!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #699 on: 09/03/2008 23:34:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums