The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Qns on Ovarian Cyst  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Heavenmood

• First timers
    • View Profile
Qns on Ovarian Cyst
« on: 29/01/2008 03:48:20 »
I'm 22 years old and I experienced pelvic pain for 3 months before going to a gynae who told me I have a 15cm-14cm-9cm cyst at the right. I went for the surgery last week and the doc told me that the cyst which was extracted is a "border-line" case (benign and on the verge of being cancerous).

My mom had cervic cancer and removed half of her womb last year. So, my operation is a really hard blow for her. And she is blaming herself for 'passing' it to me.

I don't drink and still a virgin. I lead a healthy lifestyle and studying in a university. Just when i think that my life will be smooth- sailing, I got to face this. I simply don't understand why.

What are the causes of cyst? Is it genetically transmitted? What are the chances for it to re-occur? What exactly is a 'border-line' case?

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Qns on Ovarian Cyst
« Reply #1 on: 29/01/2008 17:51:19 »
Welcome to the site. I am sorry about what they found.. I am not sure if I myself have ever heard the term borderline case.. perhaps just meaning that it was approaching cancerous,  as he said. He seems to have caught it in time.. I would hope they have made arrangements to remove the others also so they do not become a problem! I really do not know much about this but that it is good he caught it, but please do wait for a reply from someone with some knowledge in this kind of terminology!

I see that the doctor told you it was benign on the verge of being cancerous... so it was caught in time... but I would definitely have him keep an eye on the others as I am sure he or she will do. Are they planing on removing the others, or did they already??

Watch your diet and be really careful.. diet can help your body in many different ways.. My daughter had some of the same problems and they have really watched her closely and changed her diet to a lot more low fat and whole natural fruits and vegetables watching things with additives as much as possible. Eat the freshest most wholesome food you can.. avoid the additives and chemicals..

I hope someone comes along to give you some good solid advice!

Please enjoy the site!
« Last Edit: 29/01/2008 17:59:45 by Karen W. »

another_someone

Qns on Ovarian Cyst
« Reply #2 on: 29/01/2008 19:00:44 »
Ovarian cysts can be inherited, but I suspect there can be other causes too, but I do know a number of women who have ovarian cysts for whom it does run in the family.

Life always has its challenges, and this is one of those challenges you have had to face, but don't let it make you think there are not good things to look forward too - it is just one of those hiccups along the way.

Offline Heavenmood

• First timers
    • View Profile
Qns on Ovarian Cyst
« Reply #3 on: 31/01/2008 01:12:52 »
Thank you. Oh, i was told that the surgeons manage to save my right fallopian tube. At least there is something i can feel relieved.

I figured out that even if the cyst is cancerous, most probably it is at its beginning stage and there is a high chance to fight this cancer. Like what Karen had said, I will take note of my diet and exercise regularly when im recovered from the surgery. =]

Thx for ur replies. Really really realliy appreciate it.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Qns on Ovarian Cyst
« Reply #4 on: 31/01/2008 20:20:21 »
Your Welcome..I hope you feel better soon!

Offline Heavenmood

• First timers
    • View Profile
Qns on Ovarian Cyst
« Reply #5 on: 04/02/2008 11:07:34 »
Yeah! Good news! The full report is out and the tumour is benign!  :D The doc said that the 14cm scar is recovering well and I should be able to be fully recovered in 1 month. Thank god.

another_someone

Qns on Ovarian Cyst
« Reply #6 on: 04/02/2008 13:17:19 »
Yeah! Good news! The full report is out and the tumour is benign!  :D The doc said that the 14cm scar is recovering well and I should be able to be fully recovered in 1 month. Thank god.
:) - glad your through it, and can get on with life.  No doubt you will have to remain observant in future, but at least you know what you are dealing with, and know you can deal with it.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Qns on Ovarian Cyst
« Reply #6 on: 04/02/2008 13:17:19 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums