The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Getting Rid of Birds  (Read 12326 times)

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Getting Rid of Birds
« Reply #25 on: 31/01/2008 14:55:09 »
You are in serious trouble, girl!  [:(!] Don't be surprised if your fence posts get nibbled.

*shrugs shoulders, smiles sweetly and says.....* What?? ;)
« Last Edit: 31/01/2008 15:38:14 by Carolyn »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Getting Rid of Birds
« Reply #26 on: 31/01/2008 15:20:21 »
I wouldn't have thought there were many beavers in Florida. We're certainly more adapted for a colder climate. Unless, of course, you're referring to retired beavers. But they just sit in their retirement homes playing whist and watching endless re-runs of The Love Boat with possibly the occasional sojourn to the local golf course.

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Getting Rid of Birds
« Reply #27 on: 31/01/2008 20:12:14 »
Just a thought.
"Ok Carolyn.. put spinning wheels or spinners about your garden and along the top of your deck. Fill some decorative containers with cat litter or such and let the breeze spin them.. birds do not like spinners and whirly gigs!

I'll see if I can find some.  I have to be careful with those.  We have a homeowners association and lawn & garden ornaments are strictly prohibited.  They could slap me with a large fine, but I might could get away with it in the back yard....what they don't know won't hurt 'em."
So what- if they are performing a real function as bird scarers then they are not ornaments.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Getting Rid of Birds
« Reply #28 on: 31/01/2008 21:02:54 »
We have a homeowners association and lawn & garden ornaments are strictly prohibited.  They could slap me with a large fine...

Goddam fascists! I would not stand for anyone telling me what I can or can't have in my own garden. If I want gnomes (God forbid) then I'll damned well have them. I'm afraid your Homeowners Association would very soon get used to seeing a raised middle finger from this rodent!

Incidentally, how would they enforce the fine?

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Getting Rid of Birds
« Reply #29 on: 31/01/2008 22:26:00 »
I feel the same way!  I'm already on their **** list though.  When we built our house, we moved in about a month before it was completed so that we could work on it in the evenings.  One day I came home and found a note on the door from the Assoc. President that stated we had 24 hours to remove the construction debris from the property and if I had questions to please don't hesitate to call him.  I did call him and reminded him that we had not finished construction on the home and hadn't even closed on the loan and that we would remove the debris when the home was finished.  I told him the only question I had for him was which side of my *** he wanted to kiss.  Needless to say, he doesn't like me very much....can't imagine why!

Anyway, they can most definitely enforce it.  If you don't pay the fines they impose, they will put a lien on your home.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Getting Rid of Birds
« Reply #30 on: 31/01/2008 22:30:47 »
That would be illegal in the UK

The Naked Scientists Forum

Getting Rid of Birds
« Reply #30 on: 31/01/2008 22:30:47 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums