The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Usefulness of Glyconutrients  (Read 292465 times)

Offline seeking

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Usefulness of Glyconutrients
« Reply #225 on: 21/07/2006 16:39:44 »
loweduane, you gave a formula for Ambrotose, my son has brain injury and someone told me about Mannatech's Ambrotose and so I got some but they are having him use the whole 150 grams in a month so to save some money I need to try and put it together myself. Did you get those percentages off the patent or is it your best guess as to the formula?
Seeking

Offline doc77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 22/07/2006 20:20:29 »
Pilotlight has a good home made stuff on Curezone.com along with trapper. You might down load the Ambrotose. It has all kinds of jewels in it to makle your own.

With such a serious problem with your son you might get your doctor to look up the Mannatech products in his PDR.
q
Because I too suffered for years with several major problems and had brain damage(.nerve condition and a minor form of Epilepsy) I found relief in a major way after 2-3 years. Because of financial problems I was not always able to keep up the dosages. I used their Immno Start and Plus big time along with that great 'bug juice' Ambrotose.

Also their is a Fisher Institute where a Dr. McDaniels works. He is the man who found that with glyco suppliments his stuff created stem cells. Look him up because the Institute helps pay for Ambrotose I have been told.

Take care and please let us know how things are going!

Your servant, Doc.

Offline ittsy_bittsy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 01/08/2006 02:31:26 »
Thank you so much Duane! Yes that was very helpful and I understand it. I will look into those links and check it all out.

Not sure if I will give it a try as yet, but if I do and get any results I'll post again and let everyone know.

Desiree

~~ Maintain a roll of damp toilet paper for your visitors, leaving them to ponder whether it fell into the toilet... ~~

Offline drjoker69

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 17/08/2006 06:28:35 »
newbielink:http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/glyconutrients-food-sources.html [nonactive]

This Ambrotose stuff is expensive with a capital E. However, you don't have to buy this stuff to get all your essential glyconutrients. The above link is to a webpage that lists each glyconutrient and all the foods that contain the most of each glyconutrient. As long as you eat these foods, you'll do fine.

Incidentally, several foods that contain some of these glyconutrients are not on any western menu. For example, seaweed, shiitake mushrooms, shark cartilage (shark fin soup), and bovine cartilage (beef tendon/carrtilage soup), etc. Maybe, that's why the life expectancy of Asian-Americans and wealthy Japanese is 90-100 years old while the life expectancy of the average American is 70-80 years old. None of this stuff is on any American's dinner plate. Therefore, to be healthier, eat Asian food (the real deal, not the cheapo buffet crap they serve in restaurants) or take the Ambrotose.

Except for the shark fins (endangered species?), I eat everything else on this list. I only have to hurt my wallet for the Ambrotose when I did not have time to make the beef cartilage/tendon soup to drink that day. I drink a soup and eat a special jam I made that contains all 8 essential sugars. I also grow my own aloe vera.

Offline Greg Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 18/08/2006 23:07:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by drjoker69

Incidentally, several foods that contain some of these glyconutrients are not on any western menu. For example, seaweed, shiitake mushrooms, shark cartilage (shark fin soup), and bovine cartilage (beef tendon/carrtilage soup), etc. Maybe, that's why the life expectancy of Asian-Americans and wealthy Japanese is 90-100 years old while the life expectancy of the average American is 70-80 years old.

That's a possibility, but other factors may be more important. Things like genetics, accessibility to health care, a tradition of caring for the elderly and a diet lower in animal fat come to mind. And who knows exactly what this specific group of people is eating?

quote:

None of this stuff is on any American's dinner plate. Therefore, to be healthier, eat Asian food (the real deal, not the cheapo buffet crap they serve in restaurants) or take the Ambrotose.

No offense, but I think you are jumping to conclusions with this statement. According to the statistics on this web page ( newbielink:http://www.arthurhu.com/index/lifeexpe.htm [nonactive]) Mormons (86 years, average) live almost as long as Asian Americans (92 years, average). Do you think it's because they are eating Asian food as well? Is there any evidence that they are consuming foods rich in "glyconutrients"? I believe the answer as to why certain ethnic groups tend to live longer than others is more complex than the origin of their cuisine and amount of "glyconutrients" in their diet.

Greg

Offline Chootik

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 21/08/2006 22:09:04 »
Hi Everyone.

I just found this site today and it's been really interesting reading all the posts and the discussion regarding Glyconutrients.

I basically have a question for Duane or anyone else who has CREDIBLE proof that it is OK to take Glyconutrients if one has Autoimmune Disease?

I presonally have Hashimotos Thyroditis but am very carefull about taking Immune Supplementing products. I'm doing a lot of research and it is such a complicated and not completely understood area that it's hard to understand what is GOOD or BAD to take as supplements.

So if you have REAL info, please share, I would love to hear from you guys.

Health and Happiness to All!
Maryam

Offline lizi

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 24/08/2006 15:37:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by artvandyck

I am a new poster to this forum. I have been busy today reading all the discussion re: glconutrients etc. My wife and i have been using Mannatech products for approximately 1 month. I use Ambrotose plus some of the other recommended products, my wife has been using only the Ambrotose. My wife suffers from cluster migraines, most of which are triggered by various food allergies but can also be triggered by perfumes, stress, cigarette smoke, even changes in air pressure. For many months now she has been taking therapeutic doses of quercetin and other similar products on the advice of her naturopath doctor in order to heal what is presumed to be a pretty compromised digestive system and hence a defective immune system. We are desperate to find a solution to the migraines. Anyone who has ever had these or watched a loved one in agony during an episode will understand the desperation. So Ambrotose is the latest attempt. After one month she is stopping the use of Ambrotose. In the last few weeks she has had a record number of migraines and the only reason we can come up with is the use of Ambrotose. We don't know what it is about the product that may be causing this but would be interested to hear from anyone out there who may have had similar experiences. Also if Duane of some of the other more thoughtful posters might have some insight as to why that would be greatly appreciated. We will continue to search for something that will give her immune system and digestive system a healing boost without making her sick like the Ambrotose has. Maybe we'll try the Limu Moui drink next.
Art

Offline lizi

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 24/08/2006 15:42:40 »
quote:

I am a new poster to this forum. I have been busy today reading all the discussion re: glconutrients etc. My wife and i have been using Mannatech products for approximately 1 month. I use Ambrotose plus some of the other recommended products, my wife has been using only the Ambrotose. My wife suffers from cluster migraines, most of which are triggered by various food allergies but can also be triggered by perfumes, stress, cigarette smoke, even changes in air pressure. For many months now she has been taking therapeutic doses of quercetin and other similar products on the advice of her naturopath doctor in order to heal what is presumed to be a pretty compromised digestive system and hence a defective immune system. We are desperate to find a solution to the migraines. Anyone who has ever had these or watched a loved one in agony during an episode will understand the desperation. So Ambrotose is the latest attempt. After one month she is stopping the use of Ambrotose. In the last few weeks she has had a record number of migraines and the only reason we can come up with is the use of Ambrotose. We don't know what it is about the product that may be causing this but would be interested to hear from anyone out there who may have had similar experiences. Also if Duane of some of the other more thoughtful posters might have some insight as to why that would be greatly appreciated. We will continue to search for something that will give her immune system and digestive system a healing boost without making her sick like the Ambrotose has. Maybe we'll try the Limu Moui drink next.
Art

My husband and I had migranes for years. We had a mold problem at our work. We eliminated ALL foods in our diet containing MSG and abated the mold problem. If I sneak a dorito I get a headache. MSG is everywhere. Be dilligent in removing it. Maybe the sugars react like the glutamate in your system. (?)

Offline lizi

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 24/08/2006 15:37:59 »
quote:

Art

Offline lizi

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 24/08/2006 15:42:40 »
quote:

Art

My husband and I had migranes for years. We had a mold problem at our work. We eliminated ALL foods in our diet containing MSG and abated the mold problem. If I sneak a dorito I get a headache. MSG is everywhere. Be dilligent in removing it. Maybe the sugars react like the glutamate in your system. (?)

Offline lizi

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 24/08/2006 15:37:59 »
quote:

Art

Offline lizi

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 24/08/2006 15:42:40 »
quote:

Art

Offline nevusmom

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 11/09/2006 17:53:09 »
I'm a first time poster to this forum, and appreciate all I have read regarding glyconutrients.  I am going to be starting my 10 year-old daughter, Megan, on a regime of these products, and will keep you all posted of her progress (or lack thereof).  Megan has multiple health issues, including very mild partial-focal seizures that occur aprx. once a week.  Her neurologist wants to start her on Trileptal, but for some reason, my gut is screaming "NO!"  I have learned to listen to my gut when it comes to Megan, so in researching possible alternatives, I came up with glyconutrients.  I'm not anti traditional medicine at all, please understand this.  And I will definitely start the Trileptal if there is no improvement on the glyconutrients.  

What can I do to make this as scientific as possible?  My desire, by posting, is that somehow we will ALL learn from this experiment.  Suggestions?

BTW, I purchased these products directly from the company; not a salesperson.  I have NO financial stake in this company at all, nor do I want one.

Best to everybody,

Kathy S.

Offline Greg Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 11/09/2006 19:11:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by nevusmom

I'm a first time poster to this forum, and appreciate all I have read regarding glyconutrients.  I am going to be starting my 10 year-old daughter, Megan, on a regime of these products, and will keep you all posted of her progress (or lack thereof).  Megan has multiple health issues, including very mild partial-focal seizures that occur aprx. once a week.  Her neurologist wants to start her on Trileptal, but for some reason, my gut is screaming "NO!"  I have learned to listen to my gut when it comes to Megan, so in researching possible alternatives, I came up with glyconutrients.  I'm not anti traditional medicine at all, please understand this.  And I will definitely start the Trileptal if there is no improvement on the glyconutrients.  

What can I do to make this as scientific as possible?  My desire, by posting, is that somehow we will ALL learn from this experiment.  Suggestions?

BTW, I purchased these products directly from the company; not a salesperson.  I have NO financial stake in this company at all, nor do I want one.

Best to everybody,

Kathy S.

I don't know what you can do to make your experience in trying "glyconutrients" on your daughter more "scientific". You are doing your own clinical trial as a party of one. The most useful scientific studies use a control group. Whether "glyconutrients" seem to help with her medical problems or not, yours will be another "testimonial" should you decide to post about it. However, I'd be curious to hear either way.

Greg Smith

Offline jackieA

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 14/09/2006 03:10:50 »
HI, first i would like to say that my family, and friends who have tried glyco's have had fantastic results. But.... a few of us, had some return of symptoms after the company changed from advanced ambrotose to the "New and Improved" adv. ambrotose. then we went on the first "ambrotose" and did ok, but didnt feel near as good as when they made the 2nd powder, adv. ambrotose. just wondering is anyone has had similar results and if so, what did you do about it since they no longer make the 2nd powder "adv. ambrotose"  my dad is 79 yrs old and was feeling like he was 60 again. now that he ran out of reg. adv. ambrotose, he is having a lot of pain again in his back, pain from a 37yr old crushed ankle with a lot of hardware has returned,and he is getting tired again (had gone thru cemo before the start of glycos for CLL)  I am going to buy all of the ingredients and make our own, and hopefully that will help.  any suggestions are welcome. thanks, Jackie

Offline nevusmom

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 14/09/2006 15:06:09 »
OK, so we got a box in the mail today, chock full of products from the glyconutrient company.  But NO instructions on how to use them. I'm guessing that my daughter is supposed to take daily doses of at least 4 of the products.  Given that she is only ten, we are halving the doses recommended on the back of the products for adults.  

We started her on the products yesterday, hoping that they might help control her seizures.  Normally Megan has seizures about every 6 days, and they are very mild.  She had one this morning.  

I'm committed to trying this for about 6 months.  However, if the seizures worsen, or become more frequent, we will put her on anticonvulsants.  

I know that our story will only be anecdotal.  But I want it out there, good or bad.  This stuff will either work for Megan, or it won't.  

Kathy

Offline doc77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 15/09/2006 01:44:18 »
Hey Nevusmom, hang in there. My 8 year old daughter eats the stuff(Glyco Bears and stuff) and is going to put me in the poor house. I use the stuff in my Wellness business with all kind of kids and its great stuff. Like it on my ice cream.

I get my kid to eat the AO because it has not only 16 or more saccharides it but other goodies.

Remember your daughter will go through detox and she will not feel well at times. Agsin the ice cream, favorite greasey burger with lots and lots of water will help. Might also have to cut the dose down intill she starts running on all clyinders again.

Mannatech vitamin B really helps the Ambrotose fire up.

My kid also kept her dying dog alive for many years on the stuff.

Take care, your servant, Doc.

Offline nevusmom

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 18/09/2006 02:38:13 »
Hey doc77!

Thanks for your comments.  Megan seems to be doing OK, so far.  No seizures (that I have witnessed) yet this week.  

Your mention of the "poor house" got me to thinking...I was actually able to procure this box of various products for a considerable discount through a program this company has.  Your child has to qualify, and Megan did.  Does your daughter have any sort of medical condition that could qualify her?  It might be worth looking into, especially if you are really sold on these products.  

Just so you all know what we are giving Megan every day:

1 glycobear twice a day
1 AO once in the morning (it is in a capsule, so I can't split it)
1 PLUS tablet - half in the morning, half at night
1 scoop of Ambrotose (half in the morning, half at night)

This is half the adult dosage for all these products.

We also got a container of Phyt-Aloe, but I haven't used any of it yet. We got 3 containers of everything else, so I'm not sure that we were even supposed to get this.  I need to call the company and ask.  I'm sure they will tell me to give it to her.  Hmmmm.

Talk to you soon!

Kathy S.

Offline nevusmom

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 18/09/2006 02:42:47 »
Hi Jackie A!

Out of curiosity, where does one purchase the ingredients to make the glyco nutrients?  Is there an official recipe?  

Kathy S.

Offline nevusmom

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 18/09/2006 02:38:13 »
Hey doc77!

Thanks for your comments.  Megan seems to be doing OK, so far.  No seizures (that I have witnessed) yet this week.  

Your mention of the "poor house" got me to thinking...I was actually able to procure this box of various products for a considerable discount through a program this company has.  Your child has to qualify, and Megan did.  Does your daughter have any sort of medical condition that could qualify her?  It might be worth looking into, especially if you are really sold on these products.  

Just so you all know what we are giving Megan every day:

1 glycobear twice a day
1 AO once in the morning (it is in a capsule, so I can't split it)
1 PLUS tablet - half in the morning, half at night
1 scoop of Ambrotose (half in the morning, half at night)

This is half the adult dosage for all these products.

We also got a container of Phyt-Aloe, but I haven't used any of it yet. We got 3 containers of everything else, so I'm not sure that we were even supposed to get this.  I need to call the company and ask.  I'm sure they will tell me to give it to her.  Hmmmm.

Talk to you soon!

Kathy S.

Offline nevusmom

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 18/09/2006 02:42:47 »
Hi Jackie A!

Out of curiosity, where does one purchase the ingredients to make the glyco nutrients?  Is there an official recipe?  

Kathy S.

Offline nancyrose

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 21/09/2006 00:02:14 »
Well - I have been reading this for a few hours now - very interesting - thanks Duane - your insight has been very helpful. What does anyone know about this company - product? newbielink:http://www.micronutra.com/nutratose.html?kbid=1220 [nonactive]
I too would like to try gyco - just not interested in the sales side - or the high prices - but I can't see myself making my own.

Offline nancyrose

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 21/09/2006 00:02:14 »
Well - I have been reading this for a few hours now - very interesting - thanks Duane - your insight has been very helpful. What does anyone know about this company - product? newbielink:http://www.micronutra.com/nutratose.html?kbid=1220 [nonactive]
I too would like to try gyco - just not interested in the sales side - or the high prices - but I can't see myself making my own.

Offline nevusmom

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 21/09/2006 20:12:54 »
Another Megan update:

We are on day 8 of the glyconutrients.  So far, so good.  Megan has been having seizures aprx. once every 6 days.  Her seizures are considered "partial-focal", and are very mild, lasting maybe 10-15 seconds.  Here we are, on day 8, and no seizures yet!  The last one she had was the day we started the glyconutrients.  Two days ago she looked as though she was getting ready to have a seizure, but then it didn't happen. ??????  Not too sure what that was about....

Other than that, she is her normal happy self, and doesn't appear to be having any negative side-effects from the products.  

I'll send another update in a few days.  Thanks everybody who contributes to this forum!

Kathy S.

Offline Rico413

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 23/09/2006 02:17:06 »
OK I have just had a my doctor investigate Glyconutrients and suggest Mannatech.  I am a big skeptic but I will take a look into anything.

Right now I am more skeptical of modern medicine's relationship with drug companies and the failure of our legal system and the FDA to make drugs safe and effective.  My personal belief is that the FDA is bought by the drug companies and our litigious court system has created such a paranoid environment that drug companies couldn't fully disclose all they know about their meds if they wanted to without the legal repercussions.  At any rate it is a mess.

On to my personal experience...  I have ADHD and GAD.  I was prescribed EffexorXR until I couldnt handle the side effects so I tried to slowly wean off.  Instead I got every withdrawl effect in the book.  Dizziness, confusion, depression, aggressiveness, edema, joint pain, connective tissue pain, electric jolts in the brain and legs, sweating, etc.  They dont disclose any of this in the PIs.  I was prescribed Cymbalta and my withdrawl symptoms went away immediately.  Problem is Cymbalta has worse side effects than Effexor.  I gained 25-30lbs in 6 mos PLUS all the bad stuff I had with Effexor.  SO now I have had enough and I dont want to take anything anymore.  So I sloooooowly got off Cybalta.  Taking it slow did nothing but delay the withdrawls.  Now I have terrible edema, confusion, dizziness, anger issues, and difficulty focusing on anything for more than a minute, plust I will talk your ear off if you let me.  Just look how long this post is.

So the weight gain caused back pain, the edema causes leg pain, and nobody can stand to be around me anymore.

My doctor suggested this Mannatech program even though it is expensive.  My problem is with all the bad press this company is getting.

Now here is what I find odd about the complaints...  They are only from people who seem to have never participated or they are from people who took them for a few weeks and quit.

I cannot google and find any stories of the person who took these supplements for 6 months or more and are complaining about getting ripped off.  I have googled "Glyconutrients did nothing for me"  "glyconutrients did not work" and a few variations and cannot find any horror stories.  I cannot believe this is a placebo for anybody who tries it.  Any google any infomercial and you will find horries galore.

I am going to try these things and give them 8 months to show results.  That is unless anybody can show me where I am wrong.  BTW, I dont care about the lack of scientific data.  I dont care about the claims about how it works being false.  If mannatech called the stuff Pixie Dust and it worked and the mechanism was PFM (Pure F'ing Magic) then I wouldnt care so dont bother telling me about the BS.  If it helps me then I dont care why.

Why does the drug company get away with not knowing why side effect occur?

Does it work?  Who has it not worked for?  

As far as making my own, I will try the manatech stuff and piss away $800 and then try to make my own if I feel like it.

Well thats my story.  Feel free to reply with your thoughts

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #249 on: 23/09/2006 02:17:06 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums