The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Usefulness of Glyconutrients  (Read 292467 times)

Offline Tee

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Usefulness of Glyconutrients
« Reply #75 on: 15/07/2005 16:02:56 »
I am curious to hear any testimony from anyone who has used glyconutrients that has NOT experienced any significant change - above and beyond what would be expected from eating a healthier diet.  That is still the question for me, is whether or not simply changing our diet to eat "properly" will achieve similar effects as the Ambrotose.  I understand the contention that even if we eat as healthy as possible, the foods available to us can only provide so much because they lack 6 of the 8 essential "sugars."  But that is still a grey area as to the effectiveness of those extra 6 sugars versus eating healthy and supplementing our diets with vitamins etc. that are available at a much cheaper cost.  I have no particular slant here as I'm just trying to obtain as much feedback on both sides of this topic to make an informed evaluation for myself.  I appreciate the input.

Offline moore4u

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 16/07/2005 02:11:35 »
All I can tell you Tee is that I tried all of what you suggest, with no results. All I can tell you is that the Ambrotose did something that nothing else has been able to do. There are also far too many additional instances of amazing results.
If you hear from people who say it did not work for them, that is entirely possible. But you also have to weigh all the facts...How long did they take it and what did they take and how much did they take.
Here is an example.
I know of a woman at the church where I work who has MS. I had read that the glycos were helping many people with MS. I called her and told her about them and she said - "Oh I already tried that stuff and it didn't work at all for me."  I said, "What were you taking, Barbara?"  She said, "Oh I was taking something called AO or something." I asked if it was a powder or capsule and if it might have been called Ambrotose.  She said, "No it was a capsule and it said AO on the bottle."
Well, that was the antioxidant and not the glyconutrients.  Then I asked her how long she took it. She said, "Oh I took it for a couple of weeks and didn't notice a difference so I quit taking it."
See, she did NOT give it ample time to do what it needs to do. Experts say you should take the glyconutrients a MINIMUM of 4 months and if you are not willing to do that - then don't even start taking them.
Do you see what I mean? This woman brings a negative connotation to the glycos when she really didn't give them a fair chance to work. And she may be preventing someone who could REALLY benefit from taking them by her negative testimony. Just make sure you get all the facts.
Keep searching for the truth Tee, and I pray you find it!

Offline flagpol

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 28/07/2005 23:31:53 »
Tee,

Maybe not what you are looking for, but I am one person who was not helped immediately by glyconutrients.  I began taking the Mannatech "Optimal Health System" in August of 2003.  I did not have any serious health issues (except for being about 25 pounds overweight)  I did have asthma (taking slo-bid & inhalers) since I was 13 and allergies and hay fever linked to springtime blooming plants.  For me, it was not until April of 2004 that I noticed anything at all.  My asthma is gone.  I am no longer on slo-bid adn I haven't had a shot of an inhaler since Oct. of 2004.  I'm still overweight, but I have lost 17 pounds in the last 3 months by exercising.  My kids are on the products and they still get colds & stuff, but the length of the cold has shortened from 10-12 days to 2-4 days.  I do share with folks when I can, and I have made more from Mannatech than I have paid them for products, so it's a good thing.  It works, albeit for me it was slower than most folks I hear about.  I was a sceptic at first, like most folks, but it is easy to be a sceptic - you don't have to believe anything.

Offline flagpol

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 31/07/2005 02:23:41 »
Watch for the US patent on Ambrotose in a few weeks.

Offline loweduane

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 05/08/2005 02:23:54 »
I continue to be glad your friend is getting better.  I am amazed that you continue to claim you know how it is working when there is no evidence or research to show anything of the sort, but I realize that you don't care about that, so I will drop it.  

I thought others who find this forum might be interested in the following post found at the curezone.com discussion on glyconutrients.  You wanted someone with experience with  glyconutrients other than Ambrotose and here it is.  I hope you enjoy his information as much as I did.  Here it is:

"After six months of making my own glyconutrients, based on Mannatechís formula as contained in its patent application, I thought that it was time to report some of my findings. First, in an effort to be objective as I can, let me start with a mistake that I made when starting to mix my own formula. Before I get to that part, however, let me explain what products I used to produce my own formula. When I first began the process, I used the following ingredients: Arabinogalactan (larch tree extract), Manapol Immune Enhancing Powder, Gum Ghatti, Gum Tragacanth, Glucosamine HCL (vegetarian) and Corn Starch/Rice Starch (I began with corn starch then switched over to rice starch). The products were all stabilized and from reputable manufacturers. Indeed, two of the manufactures, Carrington Labs (Manapol) and AEP Colloids (Gums Tragacanth and Ghatti), are the same companies mentioned in Mannatechís patent application. One manufacture, Larex (Arabinogalactan), is the only producer of larch tree extract so there is little doubt that Mannatechís arabinogalactan is supplied by this manufacturer. The other two manufacturers, Cargill (Glucosamine HCL) and A&B Ingredients (Rice Starch) are probably used by Mannatech as well although I have no formal evidence of this (Cargill appears to be the only manufacturer of vegetarian based glucosamine HCL and A&B ingredients was the only source of rice starch that I could find on the internet). As I said earlier, however, all of these companies are reputable companies that have a history of making excellent products."

"Now, onto my mistake. Ambrotose is sold in 100 gram containers. According to Mannatechís patent application, the glyco-1 formula consists of 48% arabinogalactan, 12% rice starch, 10% manapol extract, 10% glucosamine HCL, 10% Gum Tragacanth and 10% Gum Ghatti. Thus, a 100 gram container would require 48 grams of arabinogalactan, etc. Carrington Labs makes several products incorporating manapol, which is the inner leaf gel extract of the aloe vera plant. It is a freeze dried, stabalized, powder. Manapol immune enhancing powder is one of these products and comes in capsule form or bulk powder (64g). The bulk powder costs approximately 20-30 dollars per container but only contains approximately 5 grams of pure manapol extract with the remaining powder consisting of maltrose dextrin ( a filler). The cost for the pure manapol extract without the filler is $1600 per kilogram (2.2 pounds). Apparently, Mannatech incorporates 10 grams of pure manapol extract in Ambrotose and not the Manapol immune enhancing powder. There is no evidence from the label that Mannatech cuts the manapol extract in any way. When preparing my own glyconutrients, I was using 10 grams of the enhancing powder. Thus, my formula lacked tremendously in the manapol department. In fact, it would take two full containers of the enhancing powder to acquire the level of manapol contained in a single container of Ambrotose."

"Having admitted my mistake, let me shed some thoughts on how I, and my family, have faired taking my own formula without the full amount of the manapol. Some background about myself is probably in order before I proceed. I suffer from an autoimmune disease, Hashimotoís thyroiditis, or, in other words, hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed about four years ago. I took the ambrotose for approximately a year before I started making it myself. During the time that I took the ambrotose, my health improved significantly. I wasnít getting sick as much, and in fact I havenít been sick with even a cold (knock wood) in more than a year. My homocysteine level, a marker for heart disease, was at an astronomical 47 even with taking medication. After three months on the ambrotose it became completely normal (I know this because I stopped taking the medication and solely relied on the ambrotose). My blood work, which was all over the map generally, all became normalized within six month after taking ambrotose. I felt better, had more energy, and my thyroid medication was reduced quite significantly as a result of taking ambrotose. How has my health faired over the last six months when I changed over to my homemade version? Absolutely no change! I still feel great, my recent blood work all came back normal, and my homocysteine level is still normal! What does this suggest to me? Well, for one thing, I suspect that the arabinogalactan plays a big part in the formula and maybe the manapol doesnít play as much of a role. I canít be sure, but all I know is that it is working and I am happy. By the way, I now have my whole family taking it (because of the lower cost) and they are very healthy as well. My kids (quite young) havenít been sick at all for the past six months."

"A couple of other thoughts about the formula. First, I think I understand why Mannatech chooses rice starch as compared to corn starch which is referenced in the patent application as an alternative. The rice starch appears to help in the mixing process. It appears to me that the other powders mix better with the rice starch than with the corn starch. Itís not that it makes that much difference since both are only fillers, but it appears to mix better with the rice starch. Second, I will probably start to double or even triple the amount of manapol immune enhancing formula to get the pure manapol powder rate higher. Perhaps it is not necessary, but for the extra five to ten dollars a container, it's probably worth it. Third, if you really wanted to use the same amount of manapol that Mannatech uses, you could purchase the raw material (makes about 100 containers) but it would be a big up-front expense. I estimate that the cost per container for the combination of ingredients with the full amount of the manapol would run about thirty dollars to thirty-five dollars a container rather than twenty to twenty-five dollars a container. Still a lot cheaper than a hundred to a hundred and twenty-five dollars a container."

Offline moore4u

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 12/08/2005 04:39:07 »
I had already read this post and I have actually passed it on to several people just in case they decide they want to make their own glyconutrients.  Frankly, I just don't have the time to do this - maybe some people do.  

The many people I have shared the glyconutrients with and who have decided to consume them - ARE experiencing absolute, postive results.

ALSO, through my sharing of the health benefits of these nutritionals, the company has rewarded me - on top of earning enough to pay for my products, I have earned money - SO I think I came out ahead of this guy!  My out of pocket expense - $0.00! I actually came out $80.00 to the good and I have blessed about 25 people with improved health. That is the reality and truth - argue all you want.

Please check out
newbielink:http://www.livingsugars.com/stories.htm [nonactive]
for a glimpse of some STARTLING REALTIES!

Offline Tee

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 19/08/2005 04:45:29 »
I appreciate the feedback, here's my takeaway from this topic:  The "glyconutrients" - whether it be in the Mannatech product or homemade - do provide benefits to and improve one's health, particularly with the immune system - that seems to be fairly agreeable.  There is disagreement as to whether those benefits result from the enhancement of cell-to-cell communication as Mannatech suggests via the absorption of the "essential" sugars, or if the ingredients simply get "processed" a certain way to improve health, sort of like how eating an apple versus a candy bar GENERALLY is a healthier option (I know, that's simplifying, I'm no medical expert so I am not familiar with the appropriate terms, but I think my point is clear).  From what I gather, there is no product or nutrient(s) that has unequivocally been shown (through sufficient trials, etc.) to facilitate the undisputed SCIENCE of how the 8 sugars can be introduced to improve cell-to-cell communication.  So, the question in my mind until that happens is how much BETTER those products will be if/when they are ever created OR, if the existing concoction really does this, then when will it be proven with no (little) debate.

Bottom line is, there is a product that you can create at one cost of $ and time, or buy from Mannatech for a certain $.  The economic choice is each their own, and I really don't understand the continual debate about the $/ethics/whatever regarding this part of the issue, it's simply an individual economic decision to do either if you want to reap the benefits that presumably exist for this product.  

Thanks for the input.

Offline inga

• View Profile
    • http://poison-free-home.info/
« Reply #82 on: 06/09/2005 08:37:06 »
Duane, thank you so much for your input on this topic! :)

What I take away from this (including my own follow-up research) is that Mannatech's promotion of "glyconutrients" is pure marketing hype with little connection to any sort of real science. Mannatech's marketing would be so much more credible if they could provide some science as to what their products actually do. From the little I've studied, I'm pretty sure I can do a better job of explaining how/why the prducts work than the company does. ...

The main ingredient of Ambrotose, Arabinogalactan, is also in a product I have been using as an immune-enhancing product. And it's in exactly the same proportion. A big difference is that the company making this product does not make huge claims for it other than activating one's immune system. And I've experienced remarkable results with this product. (The latest is that I averted a serious eye infection overnight -- having been in the hospital emergency room and probably unwisely rubbing my eyes, my eye was very sore last night, and I would normally have awakened with a crusting of pus, judging by past experience. But I took a couple capsules of this product and awoke clear-eyed with just a few grains of crusting around my eye lid. No pain either. Of course, this is hardly "scientific evidence. ;))

The product is based on Echinacea (the whole plant), with extra Arabinogalactan (which is also a natural ingredient of Echinacea), Astragalus membranaceous, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Zinc and Selenium.

I was impressed, in researching this product, that each of the ingredients has a specific effect on various cells which work together in the body's immune system. I was also awed by the complexity and specificity of the disease -fighting cells in our body.

Just, based on Arabinogalactan alone, I can see why Ambrotose "works." And the research on Manapol/Acemannan is impressive as well.

I can also see that the gums in Ambrotose may contribute to the immune-enhancing effect because they function as pro-biotics and provide food for beneficial intestinal bacteria -- just as any number of other products do. I'm not so sure that the rice starch has particular disease-fighting properties. ;)

I do wonder about one thing, though. The company whose product I just described, suggests taking the product for 20 days, then going off it for 20 days because the immune-enhancing effect is reduced when one takes the products continuously. And the research on echinacea appears to support this recommendation.

I wonder about the effect of taking Ambrotose continuously, seeing that taking Echinacea continuously reduces its effectiveness and Arabinogalactan appears to be the main effective ingredient in Echinacea as well as in Ambrotose. (If I had a life-threatening illness, I would be tempted to try an Echinacea/Arabinogalactan-based producte and alternate it with a Manapol/Acemannan product while also taking pro-biotics and friendly bacterial cultures.)

Does anyone have further information on the effects of Ambrotose after taking it continuously for a couple years or so? (It's probably difficult to get objective information for lack of double-blind studies.)

(Personally I know of individuals who had terminal cancer, apparently experienced a remarkable "cure" with Ambrotose, then had a relapse and died within a year or two. I also know of individuals who took chemotherapy, experienced a remarkable "cure" and died within a year or so. I know of others who experienced a remission without drugs or special supplements but a change in lifestyle and diet alone. Some gained a year or two. Others lived much longer.)

And, as for testimonials of dramatic cures -- it's apparent that each "miracle cure" out there has plenty of them. How many of them are actual is anyone'e guess. The fact that Mannatech used photographs of a child with Tay-Sachs disease in an article to demonstrate the effectiveness of Mannatech products after the child had died and in violation of the parent's wishes does not inspire particular confidence in this company's integrity. (See newbielink:http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Mannatech/complaint.html [nonactive]. Certainly the lawsuit for fraud and invasion of privacy is justified.)

But, quite aside from Mannatech company ethics, I am interested in follow-up on immune-enhancing substances found in Ambrotose and other products using similar ingredients.

Duane, are you still reading?

« Last Edit: 06/09/2005 10:00:09 by inga »

Offline inga

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 06/09/2005 09:05:16 »
Another question specifically for Duane ...

I thought you mentioned that Bill McAnalley originally noted that the human body has no enzymes to break down Manapol. Is that correct? (If so, I'd appreciate it if you could provide documentation for that original statement.)

Yet, on what I assume to be a company site, at newbielink:http://www.glycobiologynews.com/content/view/12/2/ [nonactive], he lists Manapol as the source of mannose, a simple sugar. In order for that to be true, the Manapol would have to be broken down ..

What I don't recall you mentioning is whether or not Arabinogalactan is actually broken down into simple sugars in the body. (Please forgive me if I missed that.) On the page I referenced, McAnalley certainly implies that the body obtains five simple sugars from Arabinogalactan.

I'm pretty sure, though, that gum ghatti and gum tragacanth are indigestible by humans. Yet they are listed as "supplying" some of the "10 unique monosaccharides" to the body. (By the way,I realize that being indigestible doesn't mean they are of no use, since various types of fiber are extremely important in the human diet.)

I am wondering, though, about the kind of science practiced by scientists associated with Mannatech. First there was Darryl See ( newbielink:http://www.masmith.inspired.net.au/docs/mannatec.htm [nonactive]). Now McAnalley makes these claims ...
« Last Edit: 06/09/2005 09:08:31 by inga »

Offline twinmom

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 08/09/2005 06:39:24 »
Hi, I have really enjoyed reading this thread.  I think diverse opinions are a good thing, it keeps us questioning "the powers that be" as well as ourselves and our own assumptions.  Anyway, after reading the posts from feb. to sept. (the twins are in bed ;0) I felt that I had to add my own.  

I have been taking ambrotose for about 6 weeks now.  I actually started on the weight loss product to help me lose about 30 lbs and then decided to add the ambrotose after reading all of the info.  And WOW, what a difference in my energy level!  It really is amazing.  I have only lost about 12lbs, which frankly, isn't any great loss and I may have lost on my own in 6 weeks without the product - who knows?!  However, it is the "ease" of the weight loss that has fascinated me.  I just have so much more energy - I WANT to exercise, I want to go for a bike ride with my kids - I feel GREAT!  In addition, I suffer from pretty severe allergies and this time of year(harvest)is usually the worst for me with headaches, body aches, sinus pain, rashes and just general malaise.  However, this year, so far I have felt better than I ever have during the harvest season.  

I also want to clarify that this is the first time that I have EVER bought from a multi level marketing co and I do not sell it.   A friend told me about it because her dad (age 75) had been taking the ambrotose for two years and said that he felt better than he had in his 60's.

I know that I am blessed to be able to afford ambrotose, it is pricey... I just know that it is worth it to me and I am praying that the wonderful results that I have had continue.

Keep up the excellent discussions, I look forward to checking back in...
twinmom

Kittycat

« Reply #85 on: 10/09/2005 20:54:05 »
Hi Twinmom,

Great to hear that you have added Glyconutrients to your diet. The changes in your health and stamina will inevitably continue to improve. I went through some detox for the first three weeks and felt fluish. Now I am feeling better and younger too.
Feel free to email me if you would like to talk about it more and I will share some of the recoveries that we are seeing. Isn't it amazing what the body can do when given the nutrients it requires? KC

His grace is sufficient and His strength is made perfect in my weakness
« Last Edit: 04/02/2006 01:31:01 by Kittycat »

Offline areteest

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 10/09/2005 21:34:22 »
Hello everyone...I'm new here,just call me Sally!
  I came looking specifically for something on glyconutrients boy ! did I ever find it! I've been reading for two days, took info back to a couple other forums I'm on.....one of the other members on the forum and I got interested some time ago, decided to make our own, from the recipe from curezone, today was my first "dose" and am excited to start! The one forum is on psoriasis, the other is on alternative and complementary treatments.
Cathy have you heard of anyone clearing from the skin disease psoriasis? I went on a very restricted diet (DR Pagano's) did the slippery elm and American saffron tea and got clear! however I still have the scalp psoriasis......

Offline BodyHealThyself

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.BodyHealThyself.com
« Reply #87 on: 15/09/2005 23:51:21 »
This forum is very educational and I appreciate everyone's views,even if I dont agree with some of the opinions that question the integrity and ethics of Mannatech.  I would like to suggest that you read "Undeniable Destiny" by Linda Caster to get a better understanding of Mannatech's mission and goals. This is a company with a heart and all of the people I have met who are involved with this company are more interested in helping people verses making money off of the weak and vulnerable. This is a new science.  I have no doubt that research will ultimately answer the metabolic pathway questions raised in this forum; how do polysaccarides convert to monosaccharides; how are glyconutrients digested?, what mechanisms in glyconutrients help modulate the immune system, what is the role of stem cells regarding glyconutrients....it wasnt that long ago that the glucose theory was proven wrong and we now know that these essential sugars have a much more important role than just providing energy.  Anyways, my best advise to anyone out there who is skeptical is to just try it and make a commitment to give it enough time to work.  Thank you all for listening to my opinion

Jeanne
BodyHealThyself@aol.com

Offline robbojnr

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 16/09/2005 13:17:05 »
hi arteest

i was wondering what you started on, i have a similar skin condition that i got about 6 months ago which has caused me serious distress, my skin is constantly tingling and burning and i have been under supervision of a chinese herbalist and naturopath with no joy..
interesting to see how you get on, i am also a curezone trawler....

hope it works out

best
pete

Offline areteest

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 16/09/2005 19:25:00 »
Hi Pete....I experienced a clearing from the psoriasis by following Dr. Pagano's diet and taking the two herbs slippery elm powder (mixed in hot water) and American saffron tea.......the scalp P never cleared so I'm trying glyconutrients for that as well as getting the body in shape...just for overall health...
If you are interested in viewing the P forum here is a link

newbielink:http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/index.php? [nonactive]
I post mostly in the alternative and complementary forums on the NPF board. My name is GitOverIt.....:D the other forums are mostly into the drugs used for P

Offline areteest

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 16/09/2005 19:32:45 »
Jeanne...I have nothing negative to say about Mannatech in fact everything I have read HAS been positive.....and In my opinion they and the distributors are doing a good job of keeping it that way....my problem is being retired and not able to afford this for myself and DH. So I'm making my own and trying it out to see how well we do.And I know I could become a distributor and get the powder that way but I think not, at this point!
But I am going to look for that book:D
« Last Edit: 17/09/2005 03:23:02 by areteest »

Kittycat

« Reply #91 on: 18/09/2005 16:56:12 »
Hi Areteest,

I personally don't know of recoveries with psoriasis, however I do know that glyconutrition excels with autoimmune.
Please let us know of your progress . Are you consuming glyconutrient powder? How much? Any other supplementation?
http://www.livingsugars.com/stories.htm
This link shows a young lady with a severe rash. It cleared using glyconutrition.
Take care, KC

His grace is sufficient and His strength is made perfect in my weakness
« Last Edit: 20/09/2005 19:23:27 by Kittycat »

Offline areteest

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 19/09/2005 03:48:40 »
thanks Cathy I would appreciate that....I belong to the National Psoriasis Foundation and am active on their forum so there are more that will want to hear how this person does.
I have always been a supplement taker...EFA's,milk thistle, spirulina, chlorella, B complex,
cod liver oil for A and D and sun for Vit D3 short spurts (very good for psoriasis)fulvic acid, blueberries in my glyco smoothie. etc I am not short of supplements.:D

Offline BodyHealThyself

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.BodyHealThyself.com
« Reply #93 on: 21/09/2005 13:46:25 »
Hi Pete and Cathy.  For stories on psoriasis go to the following link and click on "skin"  There are 21 people in that category who have recorded their experience of adding glyconutrients to their diets.
newbielink:http://www.Glycostory.com/BodyHealThyself [nonactive].  I am glad you are going to check out the book "Undeniable Destiny"  
-Jeanne

Offline robbojnr

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 21/09/2005 17:43:20 »
well i went to a mannatech meeting seminar last night, dr. steve nugent was there.
I got to chat to him but i didn't have the time to discuss what has been said on this board. He kept saying that the research is there because if it wasn't then they wouldn't have 18 countries patenting it.

I thought it was ok the seminar, usual selling malarky, and ranting on about how great mannatech is, the proof is in the pudding really.

Offline inga

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 22/09/2005 19:17:07 »
quote:
Originally posted by robbojnr

hi arteest

i was wondering what you started on, i have a similar skin condition that i got about 6 months ago which has caused me serious distress, my skin is constantly tingling and burning and i have been under supervision of a chinese herbalist and naturopath with no joy..
interesting to see how you get on, i am also a curezone trawler....

Hi Pete, What you describe is very different from psoriasis. (Five males in my family had/have psoriasis.) Of course, we can't diagnose you over the internet, but it just so happens that I've heard of people reporting a similar condition after eating too many buckwheat sprouts.

Think back of what changed in your life between 9 months and 6 months ago, and then explore what those changes could have caused. Did you move? Did you change your diet?

You didn't say how much of your skin feels that way. Shingles can make your skin feel that way -- but it's not usually all over the body.

Inga

Put a smile on someone's face with newbielink:http://smile-starters.com [nonactive]

Offline inga

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 22/09/2005 19:24:27 »
About Psoriasis ...

As I said, five males in my family had/have psoriasis. My husband had a very bad case most of his life, and nothing much seemed to help, except sunshine in the summer.

Aside from a good vitamin supplement, what seems to have made the difference is the regular addition of flax seed oil & flax seed to his diet. Flax seed contains Omega 3 fatty acids, and other Omega 3 fatty acids would work as well, I suspect.

You have nothing to lose and much to gain because Omega 3 fatty acids added to the typical North American diet can make a dramatic difference in a number of ways. If you're not vegan, as we are, you probably won't mind taking fish oil from cold-water wish. That's probably cheaper, except that  I hope you like a fishy flavor.

Try taking 1 tablespoon of oil twice a day for a month, and see what difference it makes.

By the way, could somebody summarize Dr. Pagano's diet or provide an URL to a web site?

Inga

PS The ones in my family who still have psoriasis couldn't be bothered with a lifestyle change. Junk food is not good for it.

Put a smile on someone's face with newbielink:http://smile-starters.com [nonactive]

Offline areteest

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 25/09/2005 16:29:54 »
Hi Inga.......Dr. Pagano has a book out with loads of info...you would like his diet it is very much veggies and fruits! however it is not a vegan diet unless you want it to be! He allows chicken, fish, lamb....but stresses no nightshades which are inflammatory vegetables.
They are green peppers, (not black, different ilk)white potatoes, eggplant,tomatoes, paprika, tobacco. He also goes into the 80%/20% food ratio,keeping the blood slightly alkaline with a pH of 7.3 to 7.5, in chemical reaction in order to maintain the optimum in gen. health and immunity.Lots of water to drink, oils to use on body, there is so much and well worth the money ($24.95)you might find a used copy on amazon! I use mine for reference all the time....full of info.
Sally
« Last Edit: 25/09/2005 16:30:37 by areteest »

Offline areteest

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 11/10/2005 17:19:15 »
Where is everyone....I keep checking back and....nothing?
I have been on homemade recipe of glycos for 31 days! The psoriasis I had gotten rid of through Dr. Pagano's diet etc is back....not as bad and it seems some of the spots pop out and then disappear....however there are others that have stayed and grown larger......eek! I'm assuming this is a die-off or something (hopefully) One thing I should mention is I was taking 1 tablespoon of the glyco but have cut it back to half that about a week ago. Anyone else try the glyconutrients? and have anything to report?

Offline mannamom

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 12/10/2005 15:19:30 »
Areteest...and all

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #99 on: 12/10/2005 15:19:30 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums