The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Have they said when SP1 for Vista is coming out yet?  (Read 12691 times)

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Have they said when SP1 for Vista is coming out yet?
« Reply #25 on: 09/02/2008 13:25:42 »
Yes them pads are terrible. And doc you do know that mouses don't need them p3 or w.e stupid ports they are. they can use a usb port now.

another_someone

« Reply #26 on: 09/02/2008 14:58:32 »

Perhaps check out the reviews for the Acre notebooks.

I don't want a notebook. I want a laptop so I can do development work in the garden, or in the middle of a field if I so choose.

The terms are often used interchangeably (although originally I think there was a criteria that a notebook should be scarcely larger than an A$ pad in area, and a laptop could be somewhat larger, but these days, I think the distinction has largely vanished).

Ofcourse, if it is an Acre notebook, it could be the size of a field ;D

I don't need super-whizzo graphics. I don't even need a sound card. It doesn't have to be Wi-Fi. So long as it's quick, has around 100Gb harddrive, 2Gb memory and a couple of USB ports, I'll be happy. Oh, and it has to be able to take a mouse. I hate those touch-sensitive pads.

Not sure on what you are going to roll a mouse over when in the garden, or in the middle of a field (don't think a picnic rug works as a surface to roll a mouse over).  I personally like trackballs (not the mini ones, but full sized ones) - then you don't worry about a surface to roll them over (which, on my cluttered desk, there is nothing free to roll over anyway).

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09/02/2008 16:27:34 »
Not sure on what you are going to roll a mouse over when in the garden, or in the middle of a field (don't think a picnic rug works as a surface to roll a mouse over).  I personally like trackballs (not the mini ones, but full sized ones) - then you don't worry about a surface to roll them over (which, on my cluttered desk, there is nothing free to roll over anyway).

I've got this revolutionary device. It's called a mousepad  :D

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #27 on: 09/02/2008 16:27:34 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums