The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Girlfriend/boyfriend fidelity  (Read 39434 times)

another_someone

Re: Girlfriend/boyfriend fidelity
« Reply #75 on: 30/08/2006 12:04:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by thayo

who then happens to be the King, prince and princess

lets keep trying the untried since the birth of science innovations have been like  toy but their impacts have rocked the world

Oh, I'm sure we have lots of princes and princesses - or at least pretenders to the throne :)  But not every prince or princess gets to be a King or a Queen.

George

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 30/08/2006 12:11:59 »
So True George.
  Good morning my nice friend! Sleep came to me in a 7 and 1/2 hour block and I thank you for easing my spirit and helping me to sleep!! Thanks friend!

Karen

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
« Reply #77 on: 30/08/2006 16:31:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn

quote:
Originally posted by Mirage

I agree.

There is no perfect someone, it's a myth. You can have a lot in common with someone, love lots of things about that someone, but they will never be perfect. The strange thing is, you may well refer to them as being your perfect someone though.

To be honest at this point I have no idea if what I have said makes any sense as my brain still hasn't fully rebooted yet. Plus I don't feel very deep tonight ;)

Some days it's not even worth knawing at the straps

I agree Dan. Perfection is a fairy tale.  However, I posted in another thread "perfect combinations", that studmuffin and myself were a perfect combo.  I believe that.  We are so different.  Growin up he was the wild child, trouble making hellion, and I was the goody goody, Daddy's little girl.   It truly is comical.  But that works for us.  He's one of the biggest A**hole s-o-b I've ever met.  I'm not so easy to live with either.  Most of the time, we agree on everything.  Sometimes we have big monster arguments.  We always work through it.  Sometimes I even let him win.;)  The bottom line is this.  I trust my husband with my life and more importantly, the lives of my children.  And he, I hope, feels the same about me.  For me, that's as close to perfection as one can hope to get.

Ok all this mushy stuff is making me nauseated.

Carolyn

It sounds like you both excite each other with not being able to agree sometimes and so argue. To me it all comes down to the little things that can get under your skin, not in a big way, so you find your parnter exciting and interesting. I want someone who isn't going to agree with me all the time, have silly agruments and then make up again. I want to be interested in what a partner has to say, the way she thinks. The 'perfect' partner for me is someone who has similar traits to me but is completely different.....if that makes any sense.

Thank you Karen [:X]

« Last Edit: 30/08/2006 16:32:28 by Mirage »

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 30/08/2006 16:50:44 »
Makes perfect sense to me.  In fact, hubby and I are having a small disagreement now.  I'm very annoyed with him.  He will be coming home for lunch soon.  I'm sure we'll argue at lunch but look forward to the making up for dessert.

Carolyn

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 30/08/2006 16:57:54 »
Good, I wasn't sure as sometimes what I say doesn't always make sense.

So whipped cream for dessert then   ;)

another_someone

« Reply #80 on: 30/08/2006 17:12:12 »
I don't do arguments well maybe that is one of the reasons why I have never been in a long term romantic relationship but I would hate to be with someone who always agreed with me (in fact, I find nothing more disconcerting than having people agree with me it makes me feel I should be disagreeing with myself).

George
« Last Edit: 30/08/2006 17:13:04 by another_someone »

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 30/08/2006 17:24:17 »
........... I agree.........

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #82 on: 31/08/2006 04:26:20 »
LOL  Should I or shouldn't I agree....where is Shakespeare when I need'em!:(

"Lo" Loretta
« Last Edit: 31/08/2006 04:27:00 by moonfire »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 31/08/2006 04:32:39 »
I am staying in a nuetral position as I hate arguing bit, i can be good at it if I have to!!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 31/08/2006 04:37:23 »
LOL  I think arguing is healthy, wouldn't you agree...(according to those who like to make up anyways!) LOL  Okay, maybe I do run off to my bedroom to hide to avoid it...but why fight, the results will still be the same...ta ta ta!!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 31/08/2006 04:46:59 »
25 years and I still don't like to argue. That doesn't mean I don't like to have a nice dicussion. no arguing but to talk like rational humans. I do know their are times when moments can be heated, I still don't like it though tends to make me sick.I avoid it where possible.

Karen

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 31/08/2006 05:25:24 »
Well we did argue at lunch, but weren't able to reach an agreement until much later.  I don't mind simple arguments/disagreements. Those are normal, and I also think healthy to some degree. Big arguments make me sick too.  I'm an emotional fighter and generally say things I regret later.  Usually regret it as soon as I say it.  Thankfully, those arguments are few and far between.

Carolyn

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 31/08/2006 05:28:12 »
Just avoid it if possible...I can't right now unless I hide out in my bedroom...as it will not change my mind about my decision...it is stressful!!Aaagghh!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 31/08/2006 05:48:46 »
Boy Loretta I hear ya!! We have never had big arguements. The only big problem was when he cheated, wow that was the biggie in 25 years that is the only one i think we have ever had. It was the worse pain and anger I had felt until recently! I guess for 25 years thats not to bad. Our problem didn't lie there . Just isn't what it should be. I have tried but he doesn't want to make an effort so we are at a stalemate. Life is so weird.
  Carolyn you and hubby sound great and I think you must have a very special relationship!
  I think my husband and I do, but it is not one of marraige. We both care about each other, trust him with my life always have. But not with my heart. If you can't intrust your heart to the one you love then you really can never love freely and give all of your love so something is always missing.I can be pretty intense and I think that is very hard for him. He was not raised with the emotional expressions of love. In 25 years i may have recied 3 kisses in public...Whooooo. Thrills!! Its not his fault he just is not comfortable with open displays of love not even a kiss in front of his kids, very rare!He openly showed affection to them untill they were teenagers then it just disappeared as if they did not need it anymore... I had to prod him to hug his daughter win her first boyfriend broke he heart! He just doesn't get it! Oh well, I am glad someones hubby gets it!!!LOL

Karen
« Last Edit: 31/08/2006 05:49:45 by Karen W. »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 31/08/2006 06:39:11 »
I know what you mean Karen...so sad.  I admire you for staying married that length of time...

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 31/08/2006 08:39:06 »
Hes a good man, We just have moved apart we are friends, although the tension sometimes worries me that we won't remain that way if we do not make some decisions.

Karen

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 31/08/2006 16:36:39 »
I really like you guys, you're all so honest about your feelings, I think it is wonderful.
You are all starting to become very close to me, I can't really explain it, all I know is when someone has a good heart it attract me to them. You all attract me because you are all lovely, lovely isn't the word, you are all so very beautiful to me.

I agree with you all about agruing. I hate it, I never had the stomach for it. My ex and I used to argue all the time, I told her I hated arguing so I guess she made up more reasons to argue with me all the time. Safe to say that is the reason why we split, well, one of them that is ;) Even though we did argue we made up pretty quickly, most of the time, however most of the time I just kept my mouth shut and accepted everything.
I guess it came down to that we didn't communicate well with each other. Communication is key to any relationship. Could say that we communicated like being on a mobile while driving through a tunnel and losing the signal all the time.....it was nice to have peace and quiet though, that was my favourite part of it all ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 31/08/2006 17:44:26 »
 Yes I felt the same way for years but it builds up inside and one becomes bitter from swallowing words and feelings and being styfled. It makes one bitter and distant . That is not how I want to live. I love life and music and fun and smiles I need smiles so much now. I love this forum it has brightened my heart and helped me find a part of me that has been lost for so long. I knew it was hiding  but I couldn't coax it back out for the life of me. I am pretty much a softy and a romantic fool, but that is the real me and the part that has been hiding away because people close to me hate this about me. I'm just a mush pot of emotions and can't not say how I feel. I'm supposed to suck it up and take it on the chin, and the older I get the less sucking it up  I can do! I dispise arguing and do not mind simply talking and listening and discussing, but arguing does indeed bother me, we have all done it and wow, its terrible. I do not do well with confrontations or fighting or violence on Tv or otherwise. Makes me physically ill! I thinkits my bodies way of protecting myself. If I am sick and over in the loo, I don't have to argue right!!!LOL Maybe thats it who knows why one  emotions make one feel as they do! I just know that I am going to allow my emotions to aid me in whatever means are appropriate for me!! I cannot afford to allow myself to get back in a whole and cover up my head. No more sucking it up! If I'm sad then dang it I'm sad. If I am full or joy or crap, then so be it. Thats the way it is. At least I know who I am again and maybe thats not so bad!!!

Karen

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 31/08/2006 18:10:46 »
You should be true to yourself, and if some people don't like certain qualities then it's their hard luck. You are a wonderful person and should not be left to feel that you must hide these amazing qualities. Let them shine, let yourself shine and once you do, better people will start noticing and be drawn to you. I'm sure that a lot of people on here are drawn to you, I know I am. You have a great heart, a lovely personality, smart and you definitely have a great sense of humour

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 31/08/2006 18:17:20 »
I am afraid my sense of humor is pretty low, I am pretty naieve sometimes as i said alot of things just fly over my head and do not bother stopping to allow me to get it!! Takes me  awhile. Some things I am quicker at but not humor. LOL I am greatful for these 3 little letters, LOL or I might get into serious trouble sometimes and take things wrong! Thanks for your encouragement your a nice fellow! How old are you? Do you mind me asking or is that a secret?

Karen
« Last Edit: 31/08/2006 18:20:23 by Karen W. »

another_someone

« Reply #95 on: 31/08/2006 18:25:40 »
quote:
Could say that we communicated like being on a mobile while driving through a tunnel and losing the signal all the time

Nobody told you you should not be communicating on a mobile at all while driving, much less when driving through tunnels :)[}:)]

George

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 31/08/2006 18:27:24 »
How old would everyone like me to be? ;)

I'm really 23, 24 come November. Sometimes I feel at least 77 and a half

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 31/08/2006 18:30:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by another_someone

quote:
Could say that we communicated like being on a mobile while driving through a tunnel and losing the signal all the time

Nobody told you you should not be communicating on a mobile at all while driving, much less when driving through tunnels :)[}:)]

George

I would have been fine if we had crashed.....no airbag my side....peace and quiet ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 31/08/2006 18:32:32 »
AAHH your just a babe!!  No wonder you are having so much fun!!! You are too funny , who'd a thunk!!

Karen

another_someone

« Reply #99 on: 31/08/2006 18:32:52 »
I was thinking about the communication gap in relationships, and it happens all too often.

Dan has said about people writing about how they feel on this forum, and it occurred to me that it is actually sometimes easier to write out your feelings than to talk about them.  Maybe couples should write to each other more often to say the things they may be embarrassed to say, or fearful that they would be interrupted mid flow, and only have half said what they wanted to say.

Writing things out can give you the space to properly think out what it is you want to say, put it down, and even alter it, before blurting out the wrong thing.

George

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #99 on: 31/08/2006 18:32:52 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length