The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: April Fools Day  (Read 7198 times)

Offline Vcoolspice

• Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« on: 20/02/2008 19:49:34 »
It's really early, but have fun!!! Tell about pranks you or someone you know have pulled off. (or attempted in some cases)

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #1 on: 20/02/2008 19:55:56 »
A couple of years ago I went on to a university student website forum pretending to be a civil servant in the Treasury Dept. I said I was disgusted by what the government were about to do and wanted to make it public. I said they intended to drastically reduce all student loans and that they would have to be paid back in no more than 2 years after graduation.

Oh boy - did those students get freaked or what!  :D

Offline Bass

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #2 on: 20/02/2008 23:18:40 »
Working on gold property near Las Vegas.  Slipped a woman's thong and bra into his suitcase as he flew home on April Fool's Day.  His wife almost divorced him and still won't talk to me (I eventually fessed up).

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #3 on: 21/02/2008 17:32:18 »
Working on gold property near Las Vegas.  Slipped a woman's thong and bra into his suitcase as he flew home on April Fool's Day.  His wife almost divorced him and still won't talk to me (I eventually fessed up).
That was a little too extreme.

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
April Fools Day
« Reply #4 on: 21/02/2008 18:18:41 »
A classic from 1957 that I have never seen till now. ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/1/newsid_2819000/2819261.stm

One that was popular at work when I was young; giving someone a slip of paper with the telephone number of London Zoo on and saying they must phone back an speak to Mr. Lion.

Yes, I was young and stupid once! [:I]

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #5 on: 21/02/2008 21:54:09 »
New to all forum thingamajigs so be gentle with me.

I used to work in a lab and took great delight in sowing up the cuffs of peoples lab coats. All these boffs trying to get their arms in their sleeves and failing was too much. :D

Offline turnipsock

• Beekeeper to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #6 on: 21/02/2008 21:56:25 »
A good trick is cut out a pistol shape out of 12 guage steel and place it in somebodies book. It's quite funny when they get to airport security.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #7 on: 22/02/2008 09:01:52 »
One that was popular at work when I was young; giving someone a slip of paper with the telephone number of London Zoo on and saying they must phone back an speak to Mr. Lion.

We used to put Mr C Lion

paul.fr

April Fools Day
« Reply #8 on: 22/02/2008 09:33:16 »

We used to put Mr C Lion

Ringing a switchboard and asking for a made up name to be announced over the tannoy is always fun.
« Last Edit: 22/02/2008 09:34:49 by paul.fr »

Offline turnipsock

• Beekeeper to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #9 on: 22/02/2008 17:01:18 »

We used to put Mr C Lion

Ringing a switchboard and asking for a made up name to be announced over the tannoy is always fun.

Ring up the switchboard and ask them to tannoy yourself, make no attempt to disguise your voice.

Offline Vcoolspice

• Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #10 on: 22/02/2008 18:52:51 »

I used to work in a lab and took great delight in sowing up the cuffs of peoples lab coats. All these boffs trying to get their arms in their sleeves and failing was too much. :D

lOL, and yeah the members here can be down right dangerous!!! So beware!!! (kidding of course)

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #11 on: 22/02/2008 19:16:35 »

We used to put Mr C Lion

When I owned my restaurant, my brother disguised his voice with a poor German accent and called one of the waitress and said "I'm looking for my mother.  Her name is Imagene Dumchick. Could you see if she's there? Just call her Ima and her last name is Dumbchick"

This poor waitress stood in the middle of the restaurant and yelled out "I'm a dumb chick" three times before she realized what was going on.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #12 on: 22/02/2008 20:27:26 »

We used to put Mr C Lion

When I owned my restaurant, my brother disguised his voice with a poor German accent and called one of the waitress and said "I'm looking for my mother.  Her name is Imagene Dumchick. Could you see if she's there? Just call her Ima and her last name is Dumbchick"

This poor waitress stood in the middle of the restaurant and yelled out "I'm a dumb chick" three times before she realized what was going on.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #13 on: 22/02/2008 20:28:21 »

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #14 on: 23/02/2008 14:13:39 »
Sorry Doctor Beaver. It wasn't your lab coat was it?
The other trick  my best friend played was to send a message to all the top scientists, from health and safety, saying that their gas powered office chairs (the ones that adjust height not propel them along) where faulty and that they might explode. They had to either lock them in a cupboard putting a sign on the door saying danger exploding chair or if they couldn't find a cupboard they had to wear shin pads and a crash hat whilst sitting on the chair. One man did actually lock his chair up.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #15 on: 23/02/2008 20:41:50 »
No, it wasn't. I've only ever worn a lab coat once and that was when I was visiting an alien establishment (Oxford university).

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #16 on: 23/02/2008 20:49:35 »
I've got a friend who lectures at Oxford. He is ultra intelligent and on a different plain to most people. His kids don't share his intellect and are very sporty. On showing us around all the different colleges he announced "And over their is All Souls."
His son looked astonished and replied "Paul scholls, where?" 

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #17 on: 23/02/2008 20:59:41 »
I've got a friend who lectures at Oxford. He is ultra intelligent and on a different plain to most people. His kids don't share his intellect and are very sporty. On showing us around all the different colleges he announced "And over their is All Souls."
His son looked astonished and replied "Paul scholls, where?" 

grrrrrr @ Oxford uni. I was a lecturer at Cambridge. What subject did your friend lecture on?

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #18 on: 23/02/2008 21:14:05 »
Chemistry at the college that sounds like an American biscuit.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #19 on: 23/02/2008 21:37:10 »
I don't know of a Cookie College  ;D

I assume you mean Oriel?
« Last Edit: 23/02/2008 21:39:20 by DoctorBeaver »

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #20 on: 23/02/2008 21:42:11 »
I did but I couldn't spell it! What are you doing now if your done lecturing?

Guess I'm moving away from the topic.
Ok, here is an oldy but a goody to play on your least best friend. In the canteen wait until they have just openned their can of fizzy drink. distract them and then drop some salt into the can. the fizzy result will cause your friend to wet their pants (not in that way, with the fizzy drink.) 
« Last Edit: 23/02/2008 22:16:14 by Make it Lady »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
April Fools Day
« Reply #21 on: 23/02/2008 22:57:24 »
I did but I couldn't spell it! What are you doing now if your done lecturing?

Guess I'm moving away from the topic.
Ok, here is an oldy but a goody to play on your least best friend. In the canteen wait until they have just openned their can of fizzy drink. distract them and then drop some salt into the can. the fizzy result will cause your friend to wet their pants (not in that way, with the fizzy drink.) 

Sugar works too.

These days I'm doing all sorts of things; but none of them psychology related.

The Naked Scientists Forum

April Fools Day
« Reply #21 on: 23/02/2008 22:57:24 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums