The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why Does My Printer Print Nothing ?  (Read 4797 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Why Does My Printer Print Nothing ?
« on: 17/03/2008 16:08:46 »
Dearest Printerologists,

Sometimes when I go to print something out ...my printer goes through the motions but prints zilch !!!...out comes a blank piece of paper....this also happens when printing multiple pages !!

could it be a memory thing ?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17/03/2008 16:15:21 »
....oh !!..by the way.......it has NOT run out of ink/toner !!

I thought I'd nip that one in the bud as we all know the miscreants will jump at the chance to mention that !!....and it is plugged in and turned on too !!

another_someone

« Reply #2 on: 17/03/2008 17:00:55 »
Not a memory thing.

If it happens after you have not used the printer for a while, it could be that the ink has dried up (maybe after trying for a while, you may start getting a faint image - could try going through a cleaning cycle).

Other possibility is that it is something to do with the configuration of the software you are using, or the colours of item you are trying to print.  When this happens, is it only with some documents, or all documents at that time?  Can a document which prints ok one day, not print the following, but print ok again on the third - or is it a case that if a document does not print, it never prints, while another document on the same day prints ok?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17/03/2008 17:13:17 »
Not a memory thing.

If it happens after you have not used the printer for a while, it could be that the ink has dried up (maybe after trying for a while, you may start getting a faint image - could try going through a cleaning cycle).

Other possibility is that it is something to do with the configuration of the software you are using, or the colours of item you are trying to print.  When this happens, is it only with some documents, or all documents at that time?  Can a document which prints ok one day, not print the following, but print ok again on the third - or is it a case that if a document does not print, it never prints, while another document on the same day prints ok?

Thanks George....it's an HP B & W laser Printer....and all I print out is black text....but......it's not fussy......if the document to be printed occasionally is a picture then the same will happen....

....but .....when attempting the second time it DOES print !!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 17/03/2008 17:13:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums