The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: WHY OH WHY???  (Read 9816 times)

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« on: 26/03/2008 19:24:54 »
Why is it that I start itching uncontrollably immediately after I paint my nails, when I can't scratch???!!! [:(!] [:(!]

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #1 on: 26/03/2008 22:12:21 »
LOL! Sorry to hear that Carolyn.. LOL!
Try err.. lol.. I have no tips for you there ;D

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #2 on: 27/03/2008 02:01:58 »
Hey I wrote you a whole post earlier about this.... Crude..... I bet I forgot to post it and moved without hitting post!!! Argggggg I hate when that happens...

It is like someone mentioning head lice and you automatically start itching... Nails are oooh don't touch anything so automatically you need to start touching things or you itch!!

same way washing dishes.. start to wash dip hands in water and boom have to go to the loo and boy howdy have to go fast! LOL!!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #3 on: 27/03/2008 10:44:02 »
LOL!!!!

It's like ermm... I'm thinking an analogy!! :P

It's like.. You go downstairs to the fridge, cos you needed something, and you look in the fridge and you don't know what it was!! So you go back upstairs feeling gutted, and sit down on your chair, and then you remember!! So you go downstairs again! ;D

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #4 on: 27/03/2008 12:18:11 »
psychosomatic... (not the illness)

or

murphys law

or

just use a ruler/pencil/back scratcher/ significant other.

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #5 on: 27/03/2008 12:21:05 »
like when someone talks about YAWNING and then suddenly you just start YAWNING and can't stop YAWNING and your cursing the person who brought up the subject of YAWNING. YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #6 on: 27/03/2008 12:30:57 »
LOL!!!!

It's like.. You go downstairs to the fridge, cos you needed something, and you look in the fridge and you don't know what it was!! So you go back upstairs feeling gutted, and sit down on your chair, and then you remember!! So you go downstairs again! ;D

... and forget again.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #7 on: 27/03/2008 13:11:33 »
LOL!!!!

LOL LOL!!!.. Whats bad is on the second pass you get there again and have forgotten a second time what it was you come for!! LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #8 on: 27/03/2008 13:13:14 »
Whoops Just like Jimbob said!!! LOL.. Sorry Jim.. I should have read that post first.. Me thinks my senility is peeking! LOL

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #9 on: 27/03/2008 14:27:51 »
like when someone talks about YAWNING and then suddenly you just start YAWNING and can't stop YAWNING and your cursing the person who brought up the subject of YAWNING. YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN.

NOT NICE!!!! [:(!]

One of my former employers used to send me memos on stationary that had yawnyawnyawnyawn as a background.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #10 on: 27/03/2008 22:59:13 »

or

murphys law

or

Murphys Law is a bugga!!
Like I don't take squash shoes to squash one time.. Like the only time (cos they don't do shoe checks..) And that was the only time they checked!!

And like.. We do P.E (Physical Education) and we don't usually swim, but they ask us to bring swimming clothes just instead. And we hardly ever swim, so I didn't take it like one day, and the only day I don't take it, they decide to swim!! Gwrr

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #11 on: 27/03/2008 23:04:39 »
That sounds about right!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #12 on: 27/03/2008 23:26:42 »
LOL

Offline turnipsock

• Beekeeper to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #13 on: 28/03/2008 00:51:59 »
why not do one hand at a time? Then you will have a free hand.

or you could just rub up against something.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #14 on: 28/03/2008 01:05:03 »
LOL! Sorry to hear that Carolyn.. LOL!
Try err.. lol.. I have no tips for you there ;D

Well thank you for responding anyway Seany.

Did I tell you already how nice it is to see you?

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #15 on: 28/03/2008 01:07:46 »
Hey I wrote you a whole post earlier about this.... Crude..... I bet I forgot to post it and moved without hitting post!!! Argggggg I hate when that happens...

It is like someone mentioning head lice and you automatically start itching... Nails are oooh don't touch anything so automatically you need to start touching things or you itch!!

same way washing dishes.. start to wash dip hands in water and boom have to go to the loo and boy howdy have to go fast! LOL!!

I hate it when that happens too!

Yes...Yes!  It's exactly like mentioning head lice.  In fact, every time I read your post I start itching!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #16 on: 28/03/2008 01:18:00 »

or

murphys law

or

Thank you JNA.  I'm preparing myself to re-paint them tonight.....Hubby is useless at scratching my itches, but I have my ruler, my letter opener and my back scratcher right next to me.  I'm already starting to itch!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #17 on: 28/03/2008 01:27:33 »

I can only do one hand at a time.  LOL...I'm just teasin ya....I know what you mean....I don't have the patience to wait for one hand to dry and then do the other and have to wait for it to dry too.

I tried rubbing up against something....my husband walked in on me and thought I was having a spasmodic episode!  Do you think he offered to scratch my back?  NO!!!

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #18 on: 28/03/2008 12:51:04 »

NOT NICE!!!! [:(!]

One of my former employers used to send me memos on stationary that had yawnyawnyawnyawn as a background.
Brings back the good old days huh?

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #19 on: 28/03/2008 12:53:16 »

The one hand technique is a cunning one ;D Yayyyyyyyyyy

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #20 on: 28/03/2008 14:06:52 »
Why is it that I start itching uncontrollably immediately after I paint my nails, when I can't scratch???!!! [:(!] [:(!]

Same thing happens to me when I'm applying lipstick......soon after I always have the need to lick some envelopes and usually end up with lipstick on it !

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #21 on: 28/03/2008 15:12:46 »

I hate it when that happens too!

Yes...Yes!  It's exactly like mentioning head lice.  In fact, every time I read your post I start itching!

OHhhhhh Yep.. its awful.....

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #22 on: 28/03/2008 15:21:25 »

or

murphys law

or

Thank you JNA.  I'm preparing myself to re-paint them tonight.....Hubby is useless at scratching my itches, but I have my ruler, my letter opener and my back scratcher right next to me.  I'm already starting to itch!

You know what would be nice... to have place where you could go  and they would do your nails and toes.. then... give you a killer back scratching...OOOOOH man.. what I would give to have my back scratched........ OH MY GAWWWWWWWWD pure and simple lovely glorious back scratching that starts at the top and works its way down in long crosswise strokes not too hard just right.. and the back of my legs.... OH my....... I would be in pure heaven!!!! LOL! YES! YES!! YES!!!emmmmmmmmmmm oh my... wouldn't that be way nice!!! LOL... I wonder why that feels so good....I always have that same itch after my nails are done.. but fake nails stink as they don't scratch right.. the sense of glorious satisfaction is not there! but with real nails.. it feels different! I wonder if its the sensation of having anothers hand touching your skin combined with the relief or if Its all in my head.. It never feels so nice when I try to scratch my own itch!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #23 on: 28/03/2008 15:47:18 »

or

murphys law

or

You know what would be nice... to have place where you could go  and they would do your nails and toes.. then... give you a killer back scratching...OOOOOH man.. what I would give to have my back scratched........ OH MY GAWWWWWWWWD pure and simple lovely glorious back scratching that starts at the top and works its way down in long crosswise strokes not too hard just right.. and the back of my legs.... OH my....... I would be in pure heaven!!!! LOL! YES! YES!! YES!!!emmmmmmmmmmm oh my... wouldn't that be way nice!!! LOL... I wonder why that feels so good....I always have that same itch after my nails are done.. but fake nails stink as they don't scratch right.. the sense of glorious satisfaction is not there! but with real nails.. it feels different! I wonder if its the sensation of having anothers hand touching your skin combined with the relief or if Its all in my head.. It never feels so nice when I try to scratch my own itch!

Funny you should mention that.  I'm leaving for Georgia this afternoon and I will be treating my Mommy and my self to pedicures.  It is one of my most favorite treats.  I love the massage chairs they have and just being able to sit and relax and chat while someone else pampers us!

I agree....I HATE fake nails.  I used to spend a small fortune on them, but they damage your nails so much!  I occasionally get manicures now, but not often.  I usually just wear clear polish, but when I want color I just do them myself because I HATE...I mean I DESPISE chipped polish, or being able to see the natural nail at all so I have to do a new coat every night as long as I have them painted.  I'd go bankrupt if I had to rely on someone else to keep up with my nail polish. :D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #24 on: 28/03/2008 15:55:52 »
I rarely wear it.. but on special occasions I like to.  My Natural nails are long.. normally.. I broke two the day before yesterday and they bled like crazy.. I picked up a wet slippery board in the yard and my hand slipped and busted two of them off below the quick .. hurt so bad.. bled for quite awhile...They are still very tender and sore today... but getting better.

I hope you have fun.. I have never had a pedicure done in a shop... I have however done my own at home with all the amenities!

The Naked Scientists Forum

WHY OH WHY???
« Reply #24 on: 28/03/2008 15:55:52 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums