The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can you answer my question about "wet dreams" and masturbation please?  (Read 24244 times)

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
Many men with spinal cord injuries do not/ can not ejaculate on a regular basis, or even at all fro some, and there is no increased incidence of prostate cancer among this group... I wonder why.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
My husband had a vasectomy 19 years ago. We were educated for a couple hour long sessions with the doctor who explained the procedure. He said he would make a couple of incisions and clip the tube ends.. when we asked why just clip and tie?  Where does the sperm go then? He said he still produces sperm but the ones that count are absorbed into the body  which is  perfectly safe!  They just  are no longer potent... I do not undertand it.. but reabsorbing it into he body we were told is quite safe... has that changed over the last 19 years?
  mayoflyfarmerlink=topic=13766.msg166999#msg166999 datesperm go then?=1207676859]
Why does our body just have um masturbate even though we don't wanna? It's so stupid if you ask me.

So if I like wet dream like 2 times a month how can that be good? Maybe I needa do it more ha

you body is continuously producing new sperm.  it obviously can't all stay down there.  has to go somewhere.  aslo, as pointed out, flushing the pipes from time to time is good for your prostate.
« Last Edit: 10/04/2008 11:35:03 by Karen W. »

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Oh I knew that word and what it dealt with, but not exactly what went on you know.

Thanks Karen.

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
My husband had a vasectomy 19 years ago. We were educated for a couple hour long sessions with the doctor who explained the procedure. He said he would make a couple of incisions and clip the tube ends.. when we asked why just clip and tie?  Where does the sperm go then? He said he still produces sperm but the ones that count are absorbed into the body  which is  perfectly safe!  They just  are no longer potent... I do not undertand it.. but reabsorbing it into he body we were told is quite safe... has that changed over the last 19 years?

Yeah, i'd say the reduced risk of cancer from masturbating is probably not that great, was probably just a popular story because it gives us men an excuse :P "I'm not doing it cause I like it, its for health reasons!" :P

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Soo i mean seriosly how do we discorve we can masturbate..

Since no one can see that on the first page ha

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Well it tends to get erect now and then and you notice it feels good when you touch it, so you keep playing around with it for a bit, etc...

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Yeah I don't like the way i found out.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Girls can masturbate also right..

And um why do we wake up and have a "boner"?...

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Not sure actually. Maybe its to encourage you to mate with a female in the morning, after you've spent all night generating sperm?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Girls can masturbate also right..

And um why do we wake up and have a "boner"?...

Because at night the circus fairies invade your bed and turn your sheets into a circus tent and they need a pole to do this.

This is true.

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
lol
I think that's a very well thought out hypothesis neilep!

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
I did read somewhere that one reason for having an erection on waking was because of a full bladder, most who have one on waking also have a strong urge to pee.

In a sense its a way to stop you peeing the bed unintentionally while asleep and has little to do with sex. You wake with an erection and the first thing you have to do is go for a pee!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Very true, I always gotta take a pee ha. Thanks guys. Wow neil haaha

but girls can also right?

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Yes Ryan.  Girls can and do masturbate too.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Alright thanks for the answerr.

Offline MayoFlyFarmer

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/wiguyinmn
I did read somewhere that one reason for having an erection on waking was because of a full bladder, most who have one on waking also have a strong urge to pee.

In a sense its a way to stop you peeing the bed unintentionally while asleep and has little to do with sex. You wake with an erection and the first thing you have to do is go for a pee!

this is true.  the phenomenon known as "morning wood" has little to do with sex, and is actually a mechanism to help prevent urination in your sleep.  It evolved because urine has a strong smell, and in the wild  if you accidentally urinated in your sleep, it would be pretty easy for your predators to track you down when you are your most vulnerable (sleeping).

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
Thanks MayoFlyFarmer for confirming that, "morning wood" eh!

Some very interesting info also that I new nothing about especially it being an old evolutionary survival trait.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile

this is true.  the phenomenon known as "morning wood" has little to do with sex, and is actually a mechanism to help prevent urination in your sleep.  It evolved because urine has a strong smell, and in the wild  if you accidentally urinated in your sleep, it would be pretty easy for your predators to track you down when you are your most vulnerable (sleeping).

Does this mean all male animals wake up with boners ?

...and the defense mechanism for sleeping females is ?..........ahh....facepacks !!

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
that would only be a valid theory if men wake with erections every day.. AFAIK this is not the case.. although urinations is imminent shortly after waking.

Having said that I understand that the 'morning glory' as we call it, has very little to do with sexual function and more to do with sphincter contraction.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
As you can tell obviosly, us humans still are wild animials no matter how much we gain.

So if we make things, that means they would have to be natural to since we are? ha

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
An odd topic of conversation...
Nocturnal erection in males of many species occurs intermittently during the night.
It is not generally associated with dreaming.
It is observed in very young children and has, so I have read, observed in utero- clearly before they learn to avoid bedwetting.
It cannot, therefore, be a mechanism to avoid nocturnal urination.
There is a hypothesis that it's to ensure that, at least for part of the time, the organ concerned is provided with enough blood to maintain its health.

paul.fr

Not that i doubt you, but have you ever tried urinating with an erection?

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Yes. I was wondering the same thing cuz I had nothing better to do for once ha, cuz kids pee the bed they'd be screwed out in the wild ha..

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
"Not that i doubt you, but have you ever tried urinating with an erection?"
It's perfectly possible but it tends to be messy.
Perhaps more importantly, if this were the reason for men not wetting the bed you would need to find the reason for the other half of the species not doing so.
Also, while there's probably a correleation between impotence and enuresis, one doesn't always imply the other.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
So that is always why when you wake up and you have to go, but you can't cuz its hard to pee..when its like that. ah

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums