The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How many different nations are on this Forum?  (Read 13095 times)

Offline SquarishTriangle

• View Profile
How many different nations are on this Forum?
« Reply #25 on: 11/04/2008 16:21:25 »

Who lives the furthest from Cambridge, where the Forum is based?

I would imagine our Australian members.

Yes but which one???? That is what I want to know. I want an Aussie off competition. Come on, which of you lives furthest from Cambridge.

(There is no prize in the competition just lots of kudos)

The New Zealanders would have to be further away (if we have any), or better still, those who happen to live in the ocean off NZ's south east coast!...the furthest point on the Earth from Cambridge seems to be there, about 20,000km away on the surface. Melbourne's roughly 17,000km away, so not too bad...

(I like my kudos with froth on the side.) :P
« Last Edit: 11/04/2008 16:23:40 by SquarishTriangle »

Offline Ophiolite

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11/04/2008 16:26:55 »
This is completely off topic, except that it was triggered by the foregoing. I was in Oxford yesterday, showing a group of Sudanese visitors around. They were hugely disappointed there was not a single large building with a sign saying Oxford University that they could be photographed in front of. I pointed out that much of what they were seeing was the University. "Here is Trinity College, there is Ashmolean Museum, there's Magdalen, etc." What finally satisfied them was a shop with the name The Oxford University Shop in large letters on the front.

Anyway - on topic - Scottish/English hybrid, who considers himself European.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11/04/2008 20:31:19 »
While in Oxford, you should've popped up the M40 & said hello to me. I live just outside Banbury.

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
« Reply #28 on: 14/04/2008 23:24:19 »
This is completely off topic, except that it was triggered by the foregoing. I was in Oxford yesterday, showing a group of Sudanese visitors around. They were hugely disappointed there was not a single large building with a sign saying Oxford University that they could be photographed in front of. I pointed out that much of what they were seeing was the University. "Here is Trinity College, there is Ashmolean Museum, there's Magdalen, etc." What finally satisfied them was a shop with the name The Oxford University Shop in large letters on the front.

Anyway - on topic - Scottish/English hybrid, who considers himself European.

I think you should have given them a teddy bear to hold in their photos. Make sure it's got a name tag round its neck - "Mohammed"

Chris

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #28 on: 14/04/2008 23:24:19 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums