The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: why do i get so itchy late at night when I get tired?  (Read 18046 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
well like a child rubbin there eyes there head

roughly when going to sleep... I OFTEN FIND MY

HEAD ITCHES MY SHOULDRES, MY ARMS, and

ESPECIALLY THE AREAS SELDOM TOUCHED. MY

CALVES, BACK OF ARMS, TOPS OF ARMS, BACK

ETC???

I notice it all the time.. its like I crave the

scratching or touch or something.  It is very weird

mostly at night when I AM COMFORTABLY

WARM....AND SNUGGLY!! Whats with that?
« Last Edit: 15/04/2008 07:10:29 by Karen W. »

Offline Bizzy

• View Profile
why do i get so itchy late at night when I get tired?
« Reply #1 on: 14/04/2008 13:07:17 »
How often do you wash ?
Also what are the ingredients of the washing agents that you use ?. Are you allergic to any of them ?
How often do you change your bedding ?
Do you think you might be allergic to some of the bedding material that you use ?
Do you have lots of plants or animals around your home ?
What medicines are you taking ?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14/04/2008 23:46:46 »
How often do you wash ?
Also what are the ingredients of the washing agents that you use ?. Are you allergic to any of them ?
How often do you change your bedding ?
Do you think you might be allergic to some of the bedding material that you use ?
Do you have lots of plants or animals around your home ?
What medicines are you taking ?

Daily lol!!!
Wash and change bedding weekly.
I wash my clothes with tide as  it best.. and my family all had allergies to other soaps.
 I have 1 dog, 1 plant in the house.. none of those kind of allergies.

am taking a lot of medications to numerous to mention.. and this doesn't just apply to sleeping but relaxing curled up in a chair too.also I have been  that way all my life... I thought it NOT
a medical so much as a physiological thing.....

Offline Bizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15/04/2008 01:25:13 »
Are you saying that you have always had an itchy skin feeling condition, even back from childhood ?
Also I would like to know of all the medicines you are taking. If you are not sure about posting then email.
Also have you had life long allergies and mood disorders ?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16/04/2008 07:54:14 »
Are you saying that you have always had an itchy skin feeling condition, even back from childhood ?
Also I would like to know of all the medicines you are taking. If you are not sure about posting then email.
Also have you had life long allergies and mood disorders ?
hi.. yes I can remember from very young needing my back scratched.. arms legs whatever....more then that.. I could not sleep unless  I scratched.. you know.. I have a very large scar that runs under my left beast around to the left wth a jig jag under the arm area that goes around and up to the shoulder blade. this was the incision...done for my open heart surgery at  year old. Under the large incision under the breast area there is a very small two inch long thin scar that I assume was for a tube or something.. another just like it on the inside right ankle..... I think for another tube for the heart lung machine. any way they broke the rib on the side and went into the heart are there. they did nt break the sternum.  I was about one year old and weighed 9 lbs. Anyway... the scar portion around the shoulder blade always itches.. but in a way that feels like you have to chase the itch it all over....to finally relieve it.. and the scradtch feels addictive...It is acrazy itch that brings comfort and eases my anxiety at niht.. make me relax... I bought a wooden back scratcher that helps but it is not as satisfing as the hand of another using their fingernails. some times the wall works.. like a bear...against a tree.
behind my legs front legs.. etc..I look at it as a pleasurable thing to scratch.. as it brings great relaxation and puts me in a better more able state to fall asleep.. which can be very hard for me..

Mood disorders....? ? No, not really, occassional up and down with mensturation.  Depression, Yes, off and on..just the last couple years.. and one long bout many years ago... a lot of emotional overload and stress, from childhood to adult sexual abuse..  It kinda of reeked havoc with me for a couple years..but nothing I wish to go into with others..
as far as my medicines, thats pretty personal..

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 16/04/2008 07:54:14 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length