The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What the Nazi's did for us!  (Read 16105 times)

Offline Ray hinton

• View Profile
What the Nazi's did for us!
« Reply #25 on: 09/10/2008 21:37:18 »
Getting back to the thread ! !
the jet engine we use today, is  ( i understand ) a direct descendant of the German axial flow engine, i believe Whittles engine was  called a radial flow ( correct me please ) i dont care how it came about, i thank the inventor, it has made our world accessible to all of us, and gives me fantastic holidays in Malta !

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #26 on: 15/10/2008 11:30:55 »
I think German WWII science & technology, although promoted by the war, should not be called 'Nazi'. Please can we remember that many Germans were as much affected by the Nazi movement as the rest of the world. Germany has appologised to the world for this period in their history, they are, even today, ashamed of what transpired.

Don't forget, the Nazi movement was not restricted to Germany. France, the UK and others had their Nazi followers.

This is a historical era which should never be forgoten, but the word 'Nazi', I think should be used with great care. There can be no doubt that it conjures up thoughts of mid 20th centuary Germany and Adolf Hitler. Rarely is it associated with Oswald Mosley, founder of the British Union of Facists, and others like him.

I, for one, do not wish to offend Germans by continuing to remind them of this period.

You cannot hold the sons responsible for the actions of their fathers.

I am sure nobody here intends any offence to Geramns, but please consider their feelings.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #26 on: 15/10/2008 11:30:55 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums