The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: hard for me  (Read 3326 times)

Offline michel_mr

• View Profile
hard for me
« on: 14/10/2004 14:48:53 »
hello everyone i would like to ask u a very specific question about the process of spermatogenesis ,well i know that it starts by mitotic division of spermatogonia(multiplication phase)after this phase we have the growth phase and here is my problem,in some books i found the cell undergoes interphase and this interphase is considered as a part of the growth phase but i am not sure,i consider that interphase preceed always the division so interphase we put it here in the meosis phases not in growth........i dont know can uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu help

hello all

Offline Rokitansky

• View Profile
Re: hard for me
« Reply #1 on: 30/10/2004 10:56:59 »
The interphase allways precedes the cell division phase, either mitosis or meiosis. Before the first meiotic division, the interphase is typical. Before the second meiotic division, technicaly, we could say that there is an interphase. However, it`s highly untypical, concerning it`s duration and synthetic and growth activity of a dividing cell is very low.
     Having this in mind, it`s not suprising it is very commonn to consider there is no interphase in meiotic division.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: hard for me
« Reply #1 on: 30/10/2004 10:56:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums