The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Beauty is...  (Read 34611 times)

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #75 on: 28/05/2008 12:24:29 »
No, I am on it's back. It is my high horse.

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #76 on: 28/05/2008 13:06:06 »
*Gasp*
Didn't see that one coming.

Custer's last words?
Oh yeah, we were good friends, I was there when it happened, so sad..
But I moved on.

The only choice you had, I'm sure - good show of intestinal fortitude.
My thanks sir.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #77 on: 29/05/2008 15:46:03 »
No, I am on it's back. It is my high horse.

That is an odd position. It gives a another dimension to the horse's ability to satisfy a female. But then, I guess that is why young ladies enjoy riding a hose (I do mean horse, sorry) so much. Which do you find most "rewarding"? The walk, trot, canter or gallop?

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #78 on: 29/05/2008 17:07:39 »
Trot is the bounciest.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #79 on: 29/05/2008 17:14:29 »
Canter pushes you up and down the sadle.

However it is the thrill of controlling a beast between your legs that is the most fun.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #80 on: 30/05/2008 01:41:26 »
Then it's a toss?

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #81 on: 30/05/2008 07:45:36 »
She enjoys a good buck  :P

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #82 on: 30/05/2008 21:54:04 »
Seem that she also would enjoy a western saddle with a large pommel.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #83 on: 30/05/2008 23:43:43 »
She'd become well practised at riding backwards.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #84 on: 31/05/2008 23:17:03 »
I'm sure, I don't know what you mean.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #85 on: 01/06/2008 19:07:04 »
right - you can't lie that well, woman

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #86 on: 01/06/2008 20:07:24 »
I had my fingers crossed behind my back so it doesn't count as a lie.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #87 on: 02/06/2008 01:58:20 »
legalism is the way out of difficulties for only the most odious of persons - ANYONE with class wold not stoop to such devious means. now we know your true measure - you are a politician! (mrs brown, blair, whatever your name is)
« Last Edit: 02/06/2008 17:38:14 by JimBob »

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #88 on: 03/06/2008 18:03:39 »
No it is worse than that, I'm a secret estate agent (realter??)

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #89 on: 03/06/2008 20:41:59 »
No it is worse than that, I'm a secret estate agent (realter??)

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #90 on: 04/06/2008 00:06:19 »
i can bring over a company from my old regiment. They are always up to taking out targets such as the one you have so adequately identified, doctor. it is "a urban tactical exercise" i.e., a reason to get roaring drunk shoot of several hundred thousand rounds of small arms, mortar, and cannon fire; and burn, rape and pillage a few people, from, er, - where is she from, the midlands? all the better.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #91 on: 04/06/2008 07:57:38 »
i can bring over a company from my old regiment. They are always up to taking out targets such as the one you have so adequately identified, doctor. it is "a urban tactical exercise" i.e., a reason to get roaring drunk shoot of several hundred thousand rounds of small arms, mortar, and cannon fire; and burn, rape and pillage a few people, from, er, - where is she from, the midlands? all the better.

Which regiment? The 3rd Texas Rock-throwers? Anyway, no need. I could have a quiet word with some of my biker mates.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #92 on: 04/06/2008 16:57:24 »
You Brits need all the help you can get. And where better than Texas, home of the largest modern tank school, Fort Hood?

The regiment I am speaking of is the 1st Light Dragoon Regiment of the Texas Rangers, the first  commissioned Texas armed unit of any sort and a legendary force of Indian and Commancero fighters. A group who ranks among the greatest and fiercest fighting units in the world. Up there with "the ladies from hell" (night watch?), the Gurkhas, the Jannisaries, etc.

However, talking quietly with your biker friends may be the best bet. British forces are not in any shape to fight.

"The Galloping Beaver" (http://thegallopingbeaver.blogspot.com/2008/02/british-spend-last-of-their-army.html) says that the UK is in serious danger of becoming a non-military power. From what i am seeing, the French could invade the UK and not meet much more resistance than a group of handbag-swinging pensioners.
« Last Edit: 04/06/2008 17:37:43 by JimBob »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #93 on: 04/06/2008 20:05:10 »
Up there with "the ladies from hell" (night watch?), the Gurkhas, the Jannisaries, etc.

Night Watch? You peasant! It's the Black Watch!!

"The Galloping Beaver" (http://thegallopingbeaver.blogspot.com/2008/02/british-spend-last-of-their-army.html) says that the UK is in serious danger of becoming a non-military power. From what i am seeing, the French could invade the UK and not meet much more resistance than a group of handbag-swinging pensioners.

What the fek are you wittering about? We've been kicking Froggie backsides for the past 700 years and we can still do it without breaking sweat. Remember, our best forces are the ones you can't see.

We Brits never back down from a fight - AND WE TURN UP ON TIME! The last war we lost was the American War of Independence; and who was our enemy in that one? Brits living in America with help from the bloody Froggies, that's who! The last time we lost to foreigners was the goddam Norman invasion.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #94 on: 04/06/2008 23:37:58 »
Up there with "the ladies from hell" (night watch?), the Gurkhas, the Jannisaries, etc.

Night Watch? You peasant! It's the Black Watch!!

as i was uncertain i did add the question mark - I was well aware that what i wrote might very well not be correct.

at least i used words. all you could put together was a pictograph - to wit :

What the fek are you wittering about? We've been kicking Froggie backsides for the past 700 years and we can still do it without breaking sweat. Remember, our best forces are the ones you can't see.

We Brits never back down from a fight - AND WE TURN UP ON TIME! The last war we lost was the American War of Independence; and who was our enemy in that one? Brits living in America with help from the bloody Froggies, that's who! The last time we lost to foreigners was the goddam Norman invasion.

true, for the last 600 years, but only after you were invaded and taken over by the norman frogs! the frogs taught you how to fight and the loss of the lesson are starting to causue sever decline to the British. you lost the "waves" during WW I and promptly proceeded to loose the empire.

and just when did beavers start arguing with other beavers about anything? the way you flaunt yourself and the "erudition" of just being a beaver, the first time one holds an opinion that doesn't match yours, you will not agree.

sick beaver, you, VERY sick beaver.
« Last Edit: 04/06/2008 23:43:05 by JimBob »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #95 on: 05/06/2008 08:29:39 »
The other one isn't a real beaver!

You haven't been paying attaention, have you. I told you before, the Normans weren't Froggies. They were Vikings who settled in northern France (or whatever it was called in those days).

For your information, we didn't "lose" the Empire. It evolved into the Commonwealth. The only country we "lost" was Rhodesia when Ian Smith declared UDI in, I believe, 1965. South Africa was suspended because of it's policy of Apartheid, and other countries have had suspensions & sanctions due to unacceptable activities (e.g. Pakistan after the military coup). Even so, it is arguably the best and most stable trading & diplomatic organisation the world has ever seen. It could certainly teach the UN a thing or 2!

The population of the Commonwealth is greater than that of the US and the EU combined. Oh, is that what you Americans are jealous of - the Queen is head of state to more people than your president? Oooh, can't allow that, can you!
« Last Edit: 05/06/2008 08:40:24 by DoctorBeaver »

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #96 on: 05/06/2008 18:19:37 »
From the above post I see denial, dismissal of facts, rejection of his own peers, just self-justification and attempted (and failed) self-aggrandizement.

According to the above logic, the French aren't French - they are just a Germanic tribe from the lower Rhine

So sad to see a good man - BEAVER - go down-hill so fast. Alzheimer's, you know.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #97 on: 05/06/2008 19:47:48 »
Well the thread is 'beauty is..' and this constant bickering is not pretty. Kiss and make up or me, the rest of the Ladies From Hell and the grannies with their handbags will be round and we are not pretty either!!!!

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #98 on: 05/06/2008 22:27:00 »
... and we are not pretty either!!!!

We've noticed

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Beauty is...
« Reply #99 on: 05/06/2008 22:41:54 »
From the above post I see denial, dismissal of facts, rejection of his own peers, just self-justification and attempted (and failed) self-aggrandizement.

Could you indicate the denial & dismissal of "facts"? Or do Americans know more about the Commonwealth than someone who has lived with it all his life?

I don't need to self-justify; ditto self-aggrandisement. I am what I am - to whit, a superior creature  [^]

According to the above logic, the French aren't French - they are just a Germanic tribe from the lower Rhine

An American trying to teach geography & history? As fas as Americans are concerned, geography stops at Cape Cod and history started in 1492! It probably comes as a revelation to you that countries are not arranged alphabetically - Ireland is NOT next to Iran (sorry EYE-ran).

So sad to see a good man - BEAVER - go down-hill so fast. Alzheimer's, you know.

At least I have enough nous not to pick a fight with a 2000lb steel gate. (How is the arm? I hope it's feeling better now)

The Naked Scientists Forum

Beauty is...
« Reply #99 on: 05/06/2008 22:41:54 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums