The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: UK rejects the Holocost.  (Read 13419 times)

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #25 on: 10/05/2008 12:58:51 »
Thanks for the insight Doc

When a mob goes on the rampage so to speak it is because they have been manipulated into doing so. An army does not suddenly decide it wants to go fight a war. How many times have we heard a news report saying the soldiers have decided to start a war of their own? What can happen is that soldiers will sumtimes turn on their leaders if they begin attacking their own people, unless of course they are under threat of execution as was the case in WW 1 & 2 Think about the German Soldiers who had the option to refuse orders at the death camps only to face a firing squad themselves. I do not condone what went on there just trying to put ourselves in their shoes and enable us to ask whether we would choose to carry out orders or to give up our lives knowing that someone else would carry out the orders anyway? I am glad I have never had to face this terrible situation and hope no one else ever has to. Personally I think I would rather have turned my machine gun on the officers and taken out as many as possible, but who knows which way will go under such extreme circumstances?

For people to dress in uniforms of another army and commit attrocities, they would have to have been organised by politicians and politics. A group of people deciding to do this without any motivation is unlikely.

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #26 on: 10/05/2008 15:09:52 »
If that is so, then how come over 27 million men, women and children
were killed?? Because the soldiers were at behest of their peers
and actually they killed like we do the housework without second
thought ???

The men, who tried to assisanate (sp) Hitler were hung and left there in Brandenburg Square unti their bodies rotted. If only ......

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #27 on: 10/05/2008 18:28:50 »
We should never forget the holocaust or any other atrocities done in the past.

But, people should be taught that it was not centred just on the Jewish community and that any conspiracy of extermination at the time affected may others as well.

Talk to kids at school and you will find that to them the Holocaust was about the War, Germany and the Nazi extermination of the Jews and very little else. The emphasis is mainly on the Jewish part which IS important but the rest seems to be skirted over and not taught well.

Remember the Holocaust for what it was, a sick time in our history and not just for how it affected one group of people, namely the Jews.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #28 on: 10/05/2008 18:44:33 »
We should never forget the holocaust or any other atrocities done in the past.

But, people should be taught that it was not centred just on the Jewish community and that any conspiracy of extermination at the time affected may others as well.

Talk to kids at school and you will find that to them the Holocaust was about the War, Germany and the Nazi extermination of the Jews and very little else. The emphasis is mainly on the Jewish part which IS important but the rest seems to be skirted over and not taught well.

Remember the Holocaust for what it was, a sick time in our history and not just for how it affected one group of people, namely the Jews.

I agree. That is why I gave the numbers of different population groups in my original posts. The Russians are as guilty, if not more so than Germans and that has also been forgotten.

« Last Edit: 11/05/2008 01:40:28 by JimBob »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #29 on: 10/05/2008 21:30:45 »
Andrew - the Hutu militia were indeed organised, but not the mobs. Yes, trouble was stirred up by a few people but those same people had no power to stop the genocide once it started. There were simply too many mobs. Had it been just 1 large mob then, yes, maybe it could have been stopped.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #30 on: 11/05/2008 04:51:24 »
Mobs have a dynamic all their own. It is really mass insanity.

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #31 on: 11/05/2008 12:20:24 »
Yes and it was the Catholics, Jews, the ill, gays (no offence meant)
non-Arians (sp).

Nazis' disabled victims honoured
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7393993.stm
(about time too)

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #32 on: 13/01/2009 11:33:45 »

Phosphorous and rail guns used in densely populated Gaza

Will anyone be making a film about Israelís Gaza Holocaust?

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #33 on: 13/01/2009 15:38:33 »
Israelís Gaza Holocaust?

If only it were as simple as that.

Edit - I should really clarify that statement.  Obviously, I'm only as well informed as I can be on this topic, as I get my info from the news and online, but it seems to me that in the case of Israel/Palestine (more specifically Hamas), they are each as bad as the other.
« Last Edit: 13/01/2009 16:01:01 by BenV »

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #34 on: 13/01/2009 18:26:58 »
Compare the relative body-counts.

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #35 on: 13/01/2009 18:32:47 »
I don't trust either party to give me honest body counts.  Hamas appear to launch missiles from civilian areas, then Israel attacks these areas in retaliation - does that make civilian deaths entirely Israels' fault? is Hamas not at all responsible for that?  Likewise, Israel has much more firepower, and should really show more restraint.

Don't get me wrong, I support neither side.

Offline Karsten

• View Profile
    • Fortunately still only a game
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #36 on: 14/01/2009 00:32:51 »
The other day I watched "Saving Private Ryan" with my Quebecoise girl-friend and her kids (12, 13, 15). The kids had no clue what WWII was all about. I told them the Germans won. They believed it! Of course I corrected this immediately, but it was shocking to see how little they knew. Not even who was involved and who won! Nothing about the holocaust and how many people died. No connections to today. They are not bad students at all. Good grades mostly. This is the education they receive in a province of Canada that has the motto "Je me souviens" (I remember) on each car's license plate.

Eye-opening.

« Last Edit: 14/01/2009 00:34:31 by Karsten »

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #37 on: 14/01/2009 11:12:12 »
The country with the biggest stick always hit's the most people. Israel in this case has a huge amount of firepower. No excuse for hitting schools and hospitals, killing innocent children and their families. Israel is committing the very act upon these people that was administered to their own people in Germany. The body counts stack up with every phosphorous shell and helicopter gun ship attack unloaded into heavily populated civilian areas. I remeber those children in Vietnam running out of streets on fire from American Bombs, their skin falling off and feeling their pain with tears falling from my cheeks. Now in Gaza in 2009 we have phosphorous burning holes into children who once more find themselves in agony fleeing from the horrific chemicals that burn deep into the flesh. Children who have done nothing to anyone in their precious short lives.

Israelís Government will undoubtedly have to face the courts for war crimes and will not find peace having alienated every country by their actions in Gaza.

We are all people on this planet for a very short time. Why not live in peace for Godís Sake?
« Last Edit: 14/01/2009 11:14:15 by Andrew K Fletcher »

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #38 on: 14/01/2009 13:27:54 »
On 27 January this year, it's Holocaust Memorial Day also I think
that what's going on in Gaza and Israel, it is definitely a war crime as
neither Israel nor the US have signed up to the International Criminal Court in
the Hague in the Netherlands. Nearly 1,000 Palestinians/Gazans have died up
my time of typing. 

I've edited then re-edited this post or I'd have ranted about this issue.

Also watch this link from John Pilger, it made me cry.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cF6oZZpHrjM

(Sorry to all of our US TNS members, it's not a dig at you).

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #39 on: 14/01/2009 13:38:00 »
The country with the biggest stick always hit's the most people. Israel in this case has a huge amount of firepower. No excuse for hitting schools and hospitals, killing innocent children and their families. Israel is committing the very act upon these people that was administered to their own people in Germany. The body counts stack up with every phosphorous shell and helicopter gun ship attack unloaded into heavily populated civilian areas. I remeber those children in Vietnam running out of streets on fire from American Bombs, their skin falling off and feeling their pain with tears falling from my cheeks. Now in Gaza in 2009 we have phosphorous burning holes into children who once more find themselves in agony fleeing from the horrific chemicals that burn deep into the flesh. Children who have done nothing to anyone in their precious short lives.

Israelís Government will undoubtedly have to face the courts for war crimes and will not find peace having alienated every country by their actions in Gaza.

We are all people on this planet for a very short time. Why not live in peace for Godís Sake?

I find it very disturbing that people are able to have a temporary ceasefire, either for diplomacy or aid - if you can stop for 3 days, why start again?

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #40 on: 14/01/2009 14:25:22 »
Awesome! Where do I sign up?

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #41 on: 14/01/2009 15:50:21 »
Awesome! Where do I sign up?
I love the (Sir) Terry Pratchett idea that the IQ of a mob is calculated by the lowest IQ in the group divided by the number of people.

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #42 on: 14/01/2009 17:07:27 »
'More than 1,000 killed in Gaza'

All because of politics/religion and historicial wishes for the
small areas of this part of the Middle East !!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7828884.stm

Think on. Also if anyone wishes to protest then just look at "stop the war" site for the next one.

MDriver1981

UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #43 on: 21/05/2009 22:27:45 »
Well, most of the world reject's that Stalin's Great Terror ever took place.  The Holocaust is just another genocide that is inconvenient at times.

MDriver1981

UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #44 on: 22/05/2009 00:55:45 »

I hear al_qeada has many many job openings. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

UK rejects the Holocost.
« Reply #44 on: 22/05/2009 00:55:45 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums